Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bother

  1. #1
    Member Archie Bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a car between LA and Vegas
    Posts
    908

    Default Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bother

    There are like 10000000000000000000 people in the same boat.

    Everyone wants to trade their Weekend 2 for Weekend 1.

    Nobody is going to respond to your thread. You will face utter shame, humiliation, and disappointment.

    Trying to swap Weekend 2 for Weekend 1 on this forum is like going to AdultFriendFinder and posting, "Looking to swap my 45-year-old, 300-pound wife for a hot, blond, fit 25-year-old. Contact me if interested!"

    .... except you'd actually have a better chance on AdultFriendFinder because of the existence of chubby chasers.

    You are never going to find any chumps to swap Weekend 1 for Weekend 2 here. Not going to happen. The few people looking to make such a trade have already been swamped with 10 million requests.

    This has been a public service announcement.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

  2. #2
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    My friend did it last year. No problem.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    i'm with archie.

    this year is not last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  4. #4
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    in what way?

  5. #5
    Member ApacheRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    915
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    That no one's passes work without ID from original purchaser, or is that only to camping passes this year?

  6. #6
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    haven't heard that.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    That no one's passes work without ID from original purchaser, or is that only to camping passes this year?
    the camping pass thing was just a scare tactic for scalpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  8. #8
    Member ApacheRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    915
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Was, or Is?

  9. #9
    Lurker ant8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Corona CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    That no one's passes work without ID from original purchaser, or is that only to camping passes this year?
    Camping pass will only work with the wristband that was delivered in the same order, i.e. if you want to buy a camping pass, you need to ALSO purchase the concert passes that came with it.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    Was, or Is?
    well, we won't know if it IS a scare tactic this year until we show up, will we?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  11. #11
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Here's a simple question: If you want to trade passes with somebody who lives out of state how in the hell do you pull that off? I figure by mail, but how do you trust each other? ...send a photo of you dropping the passes in a mail box while holding a current newspaper?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    private ebay auction or use Paypal? then you lose some % though

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,367

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I traded my pair of week 2 for someone else's week 1 last year. We talked and added each other on FB to see we were legit before. We both overnight sent it USPS and had no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I'm probably gonna be trading my 2 weekend 2s for weekend 1. Asshole cousin just had to have his wedding on the first weekend....

  15. #15
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    I'm probably gonna be trading my 2 weekend 2s for weekend 1. Asshole cousin just had to have his wedding on the first weekend....
    Please clarify - you HAVE weekend 1 and WANT weekend 2? Or is your asshole cousin's wedding on weekend 2?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sandwich View Post
    Please clarify - you HAVE weekend 1 and WANT weekend 2? Or is your asshole cousin's wedding on weekend 2?
    Lol I wrote that completely wrong. I have weekend 1. I will trading mine for weekend 2.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    @igotmyxomatosis, re: " Lol I wrote that completely wrong. I have weekend 1. I will trading mine for weekend 2. "

    If that's true, can I trade with you? At the risk of being called names by this thread's author, I am one of the idiots who wants to trade my weekend 2 passes. I have 2 GA passes to Weekend Two + a car camping pass, and would love to do an even trade for weekend One passes (2 GA tix + car camper). Give me a holler if you're down to trade. Thanks!

  18. #18
    Member Baby Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    Lol I wrote that completely wrong. I have weekend 1. I will trading mine for weekend 2.

    FYI - I have two Weekend 2 GAs & one Weekend 2 Car Camping.

    I want to trade them for two Weekend 1 & one Weekend 1 Car Camping.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Sandwich View Post
    Here's a simple question: If you want to trade passes with somebody who lives out of state how in the hell do you pull that off? I figure by mail, but how do you trust each other? ...send a photo of you dropping the passes in a mail box while holding a current newspaper?
    You can ask for their frontgate account information and then switch it to your email, shipping, name, etc. The new configuration is pretty easy. That is what a friend of mine is doing with someone who lives out of country.

  20. #20
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,556

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I'll trade...



    For this...


  21. #21

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I guess that makes me a unicorn then for wanting to trade my weekend 1 pass for weekend 2. VIP pass though. So feel free to PM me if you wanna go on weekend 1 instead.




    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    There are like 10000000000000000000 people in the same boat.

    Everyone wants to trade their Weekend 2 for Weekend 1.

    Nobody is going to respond to your thread. You will face utter shame, humiliation, and disappointment.

    Trying to swap Weekend 2 for Weekend 1 on this forum is like going to AdultFriendFinder and posting, "Looking to swap my 45-year-old, 300-pound wife for a hot, blond, fit 25-year-old. Contact me if interested!"

    .... except you'd actually have a better chance on AdultFriendFinder because of the existence of chubby chasers.

    You are never going to find any chumps to swap Weekend 1 for Weekend 2 here. Not going to happen. The few people looking to make such a trade have already been swamped with 10 million requests.

    This has been a public service announcement.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I think Archie really wants to trade his weekend 1 tickets for weekend 2.

  23. #23
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    While I agree, chances are super slim, I was able to trade my weekend 2 for weekend 1 and I had more than one person contact me about it. Unicorns do exist Archie, you just gotta believe!!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Honestly, weekend 2 was extremely legit last year. After hearing about the problems weekend 1 had, I was glad I had weekend 2. If I didn't have friends going weekend 1 this year, I'd be happy going weekend 2 again.

  25. #25
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    LAWL to all the people who think Goldenvoice wont let you in if your ID doesn't match the pass.

    They've claimed this shit for last 4 or 5 Coachellas and haven't followed through once
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  26. #26

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    Quote Originally Posted by Susannannanna View Post
    @igotmyxomatosis, re: " Lol I wrote that completely wrong. I have weekend 1. I will trading mine for weekend 2. "

    If that's true, can I trade with you? At the risk of being called names by this thread's author, I am one of the idiots who wants to trade my weekend 2 passes. I have 2 GA passes to Weekend Two + a car camping pass, and would love to do an even trade for weekend One passes (2 GA tix + car camper). Give me a holler if you're down to trade. Thanks!
    sorry guys i have 2 shuttle passes and am looking to trade with someone in the same boat

  27. #27

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    I did this exact thing last year. Met the guy at California Pizza Kitchen by the Staples Center in LA and traded our passes no problem.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    In My try to prove them wrong I am searching for someone to trade 2 weekend 2 for 2 weekend1

  29. #29

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    honestly weekend 2 may have a better crowd, weekend 1 maybe full of guys looking for those same cheesedick djs from last year.

  30. #30
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CH
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Pro Tip: If you have Weekend 2 Passes and want to trade for Weekend 1, don't bot

    yeah... this whole thing is VERY annoying. I bought my flights and everything in Sept. last year with the intention of going to weekend one, just to have my local-friend-in-charge-of-buying-tickets first miss presale and now ending up with weekend 2 tickets in the clusterfuck that was last night's (for me...) ticket buying frenzy.
    What would the community think - do I stand a chance in getting weekend 1 passes in exchange for weekend II ones plus maybe a little cash on top, or am I better off in going to weekend II and change my flights (which will incur a $200 cost)?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 05:39 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •