Thread: "YOU HAVE TO BUY SHUTTLE/CAMPING PASS for WEEKEND 1" DOES THAT MEAN EVERYONE??

Hybrid View

Default "YOU HAVE TO BUY SHUTTLE/CAMPING PASS for WEEKEND 1" DOES THAT MEAN EVERYONE??

Recent articles have said... "If you buy tickets for weekend one, you MUST buy a shuttle or car camping pass. "
    I don't understand..what if you are in a carpool and not the one buying the car camping pass?

so are they saying the only tickets left are the ones combined with passes?

Default Re: "YOU HAVE TO BUY SHUTTLE/CAMPING PASS for WEEKEND 1" DOES THAT MEAN EVERYONE??

Quote Originally Posted by rileygalvin View Post
    yes. all of the none bundled passes were sold during the presale in march. your best bet is to purchase a shuttle pass and either leave it unused or sell it in the secondary market. they're actually kinda popular, so give it a try.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Default Re: "YOU HAVE TO BUY SHUTTLE/CAMPING PASS for WEEKEND 1" DOES THAT MEAN EVERYONE??

yepppp

I bought a shuttle pass last year even though I was car camping. Went to complete waste, but at least I made it to Weekend 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Can you buy a two person festival plus car camping pass, the one for $783?

yeah, that's an acceptable package too but I'm sure they will go quickly. every spot has to have a car though, so keep that in mind.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by rileygalvin View Post
    Recent articles have said... "If you buy tickets for weekend one, you MUST buy a shuttle or car camping pass. "
    I don't understand..what if you are in a carpool and not the one buying the car camping pass?

Hey man, it's sort of lame, but the city of Indio requires that a certain percentage of tickets (I've seen people throw around the estimate of about 15,000, but no idea if that's accurate) have to buy shuttle passes in order to relieve traffic. Most people just unfortunately have to pay for a shuttle pass they aren't going to end up using, but it's not up to Coachella.

Does anyone have any links to the articles? I can't find anything on the official website. I would think that they would announce it somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by b_dougie View Post
    Does anyone have any links to the articles? I can't find anything on the official website. I would think that they would announce it somewhere...
    This topic was discussed in great detail here:
    Forced Shuttle Pass

(links, city council minutes, and everything else you need to know)

Last year I sold my 2 Shuttle passes for $50 each ( or whatever I paid for them , I cant remember) there were a lot of people who were interested , it was super easy.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby