Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: No Kendrick Lamar

  1. #1

    Default No Kendrick Lamar

    because why would you want this



    he was damn good last year and i'm pissed! fuck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

  2. #2

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    It's pretty ridiculous. Dude's from Compton and puts out one of the best rap albums of the past few years and he's not asked back?

  3. #3

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    I was bummed too not seeing his name on the lineup, but fuck it. If anything, goldenvoice will get kendrick around the time of his next album.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  4. #4
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    I'm sure he'll be at a few big US fests this year, probably Roo and Lolla, maybe ACL. I'd be happy to see him at OSL too but I don''t see it happening.

  5. #5

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    I'm guessing GV made it a point to have absolutely no repeats from 2012. Kendrick and Frank Ocean seemed like such no-brainers given the years they had, but we will have 100 chances to catch them over the next few years.

  6. #6

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I'm sure he'll be at a few big US fests this year, probably Roo and Lolla, maybe ACL. I'd be happy to see him at OSL too but I don''t see it happening.
    He's headlining Paid Dues literally 2 weeks prior to coachella in San Bernadino. If Paid Dues can get him, leads me to believe Coachella didn't care to try. They'd prefer 2 Chainz.

  7. #7
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    I was disappointed not to see him on the lineup because I didn't make it in 2012 but I like the idea of no repeats.

  8. #8
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    He's headlining Paid Dues literally 2 weeks prior to coachella in San Bernadino. If Paid Dues can get him, leads me to believe Coachella didn't care to try. They'd prefer 2 Chainz.
    Maybe it's time to give Paid Dues a second chance. I found the Spring Gathering to be a bit more enjoyable, but I'd like to see Kendrick again before he becomes a tired act. I was really hoping to hear this on the polo fields this year:



    If 2Chainz can pull this off with all the guests, I'll never speak another negative word about him. Promise, mah.

  9. #9
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    He's headlining Paid Dues literally 2 weeks prior to coachella in San Bernadino. If Paid Dues can get him, leads me to believe Coachella didn't care to try. They'd prefer 2 Chainz.
    I never said they tried.

  10. #10

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    another example why coachella did not give a fuck about this years lineup

  11. #11

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Maybe it's time to give Paid Dues a second chance. I found the Spring Gathering to be a bit more enjoyable, but I'd like to see Kendrick again before he becomes a tired act. I was really hoping to hear this on the polo fields this year:



    If 2Chainz can pull this off with all the guests, I'll never speak another negative word about him. Promise, mah.
    A$AP is gonna be in Vegas with Rihanna on Friday of Weekend 1, so I'm hoping he would stop by. Dunno bout Kendrick. No way Aubrey will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  12. #12
    Member mikeoley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    He sounded great on SNL last night. Total bummer.

  13. #13
    Member PulpOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    He also sounded great last year.

  14. #14
    Member AeroplaneJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    trapped in BasedWorld
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    that video is insane, i wish i saw him with that kind of crowd (only saw him at coachella last year). can't wait to see him next time he comes to LA, or on the polo fields in 2016 as a headliner *you heard it here first*

  15. #15

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by PulpOne View Post
    He also sounded great last year.
    He did, but the thing about last year is he was performing Section .80 material, which is amazing don't get me wrong, but am dying to see him perform GKMC tracks. Also, set was too short last year, but I know that's festival sets and it is what it is....

    I think someone already said this but, he definitely put out the album of the year for hip-hop, and pretty unanimously claimed that crown. So, pretty sad to see Coachella didn't get him, and really neglected a lot of the best hip hop albums of 2012 IMO (Killer Mike, Nas, Macklemore, Big KRIT).

  16. #16

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I never said they tried.
    Didn't mean to imply that you did, wasn't directed to you, really the part I was directing to you was the part about him being at Paid Dues since you were inquiring about other festival possibilities for him. That said, I hope you're right about Bonnaroo, considering swapping Coachella for that this year.

  17. #17
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Holy shit that video gave me chills. I want to see him in an indoor venue so bad after seeing that ffffffuck. I wonder if any of his US shows have a crowd this incredible.

  18. #18
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    Didn't mean to imply that you did, wasn't directed to you, really the part I was directing to you was the part about him being at Paid Dues since you were inquiring about other festival possibilities for him. That said, I hope you're right about Bonnaroo, considering swapping Coachella for that this year.
    For sure man. I never caught Black Hippy live, do they give Kendrick a lot of more time to do his tracks over Jay, Ab, and Q? I'm a huge Schoolboy Q fan but I know a lot of people are going to want to hear tracks off of GKMC.

  19. #19

    Default Re: No Kendrick Lamar

    Good question. I've not been to a performance billed as black hippy before. Ab Soul and Jay Rock came out during Kendrick's 2012 performance, but that wasn't a Black Hippy billing, so they let Kendrick do his thing. Would be interesting to see, I'm guessing they'd do similar to Wu-Tang, where certain members get more time than others based on popularity/material.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    For sure man. I never caught Black Hippy live, do they give Kendrick a lot of more time to do his tracks over Jay, Ab, and Q? I'm a huge Schoolboy Q fan but I know a lot of people are going to want to hear tracks off of GKMC.

Similar Threads

  1. KENDRICK LAMAR
    By serranocarlos in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
  2. Kendrick Lamar and Childish Gambino
    By fistacuffs in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM
  4. Kendrick Lamar
    By GodBlessCalifornia in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  5. Kendrick Lamar
    By The Creeper in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •