Thread: Café Tacvba on Saturday!

Default Café Tacvba on Saturday!

Really glad to see this band on the line-up! They have some pretty awesome music.

Their most recent album is stellar and imagine the sing along for this gem?

Just hoping no major conflicts arise.

Default Re: Café Tacvba on Saturday!

I love the new album, can't wait to hear it live.

This is my favorite song of the latest album...

Listen to the album here
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 02-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

The question is what stage???????
    I wanna here "las flores" & "baile y salon"
    Yeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by stellarpoet22 View Post
    Yeeeee
    ^Jes

New single is good. I hope its outdoor, closing.

Quote Originally Posted by stellarpoet22 View Post
    Yeeeee
    No offense, but I'm tired of hearing those songs. We know they're not going to have a lot of time in Coachella, probably just 50 minutes.

Why don't we give them a chance to play their new material?

Songs like "las flores", "baile y el salon" and "ingrata" are very good songs but they have been playing them for the past 20+ years. They have new material which is actually quite good. Hopefully they will follow their instincts and play the new album in its entirety AND hopefully fans won't be disappointed if they leave out some of that old repertoire.

I remember seeing them in 1999 when they had Revez, they played a 2.5 hour show where more almost 1.5 hours they played the whole Revez/YoSoy album! That show was just amazing and it still gives me goosebumps. Unfortunately that was not the case for probably 70% of the audience who were there just to listed to "ingrata". Some people were actually booing and throwing bottles at them so they would stop playing "revez" and move on with their "hits".

Go forward 12 years later and now "Revez" is a considered a masterpiece and collectors (ahem, me) pay upward of $300 dlls for original cds and limited edition radio records.

Give them a chance, and please don't be disappointed if they leave out their "hits".

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

these guys have always been worth checking out. i'd pop in on their set if i were you, at least for a few songs.

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    No offense, but I'm tired of hearing those songs. We know they're not going to have a lot of time in Coachella, probably just 50 minutes.

Why don't we give them a chance to play their new material?

Songs like "las flores", "baile y el salon" and "ingrata" are very good songs but they have been playing them for the past 20+ years. They have new material which is actually quite good. Hopefully they will follow their instincts and play the new album in its entirety AND hopefully fans won't be disappointed if they leave out some of that old repertoire.

I remember seeing them in 1999 when they had Revez, they played a 2.5 hour show where more almost 1.5 hours they played the whole Revez/YoSoy album! That show was just amazing and it still gives me goosebumps. Unfortunately that was not the case for probably 70% of the audience who were there just to listed to "ingrata". Some people were actually booing and throwing bottles at them so they would stop playing "revez" and move on with their "hits".

Go forward 12 years later and now "Revez" is a considered a masterpiece and collectors (ahem, me) pay upward of $300 dlls for original cds and limited edition radio records.

Give them a chance, and please don't be disappointed if they leave out their "hits".
    Some very good points but given their new album is rather short why not throw some hits in as well? Plus... it's Coachella!! Of course they are going to throw some hits in for the hard core fans and for people who researched their more popular music and would like to hear it. I'd be happy with only their new songs but would be ecstatic for a mix of old/new sprinkled with a couple of hits.

I wonder if they play will play this song live. It's encapsulates the feeling of Little Big Planet so well.
    Either way ill be trying to catch this set.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    Some very good points but given their new album is rather short why not throw some hits in as well? Plus... it's Coachella!! Of course they are going to throw some hits in for the hard core fans and for people who researched their more popular music and would like to hear it. I'd be happy with only their new songs but would be ecstatic for a mix of old/new sprinkled with a couple of hits.

That's true, I believe the new album is only 36 minutes long (10 songs). Assuming they play 7 or 8 new songs, they would still have time for 5 to 7 more songs.

Personally, i don't think it really matters what they play. Cafe Tacvba will bring their amazing stage presence and the crowd will be loud and alive!!! I really hope they don't conflict with New Order or the Violent Femmes though...
    Last edited by substance242; 02-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.