Thread: Tent camping sold out?

Default Tent camping sold out?

This may seem like a silly question, but are tent camping passes seriously sold out already, or has it just not been updated since the pre-sale tickets last year? Anybody know anything?

Default Re: Tent camping sold out?

Tent camping passes are usually the first to go.

It appears to be sold out, but VIP passes also appear to be sold out. That seems unusual, however, since 2013 Festival Passes go sale Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:00am PT. Good luck.

If it makes you feel better, tent camping sucked the past couple years.

From another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    all passes will go on sale in January except i think we did sell out of the "tent only" camping for both weekends. that always sells out first since there are only a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    From another thread...
    Fuck I hope that is wrong. Anyone got a backyard My sis has a house about an hour away from the venue. I hate to drive that far but ...................I might be able to have 4 or so people stay with us if you drive to the venue each day......Just thinking I would rather be on the field....cr****

Edit: I guess that is tent camping and not car camping right? You would think I was new at this grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Yep, tent camping is the one that's sold out, and the lot for that is really small. Car camping will be available for both weekends on Tuesday.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    If it makes you feel better, tent camping sucked the past couple years.
    2009 was the last year GV gave a shit about tent only campers. Whoever thought up the whole car camping thing should be shot in both legs. This will be my first year doing car camping instead of regular tent camping. Guess I'll get a proper opinion of it this year =)

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

fuck i gotta camp in my car? Guess I'm selling my passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    fuck i gotta camp in my car? Guess I'm selling my passes.
    Fuck, I can't lug my camping gear from my car all the way to my camping spot. That would be like working. Yeeezus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Fuck, I can't lug my camping gear from my car all the way to my camping spot. That would be like working. Yeeezus.
    In 06 my leg was fucked up and this guy lugged all of my stuff to my car the last day. I was just going to say fuck it and leave the stuff. I thought that was cool of him cuz I had a shitload of stuff....cr****

watching the poor tent campers at bonnaroo lug their stuff out in the rain on monday last year was rather depressing.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

In 06 my leg was fucked up and this guy lugged all of my stuff to my car the last day. I was just going to say fuck it and leave the stuff. I thought that was cool of him cuz I had a shitload of stuff....cr****
    Haha yeah, it can be a chore at the end of the festival (especially weekend 2, if you go both weekends). A dolly with some bungee chords does wonders though! Perhaps the change makes me nervous.

Fuck I hope that is wrong. Anyone got a backyard My sis has a house about an hour away from the venue. I hate to drive that far but ...................I might be able to have 4 or so people stay with us if you drive to the venue each day......Just thinking I would rather be on the field....cr****

Edit: I guess that is tent camping and not car camping right? You would think I was new at this grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
    I'm confused. Did you want tent camping (which includes a separate parking lot), or did you want car camping?

It was sunny till the last day, last year.....cr****

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I'm confused. Did you want tent camping (which includes a separate parking lot), or did you want car camping?
    Last year the tent campers had their own parking lot on Friday and Saturday of weekend 1. Sunday came around, and they let anyone park in the tent camping parking, which was pretty weak. I ended up being too worn out to camp on weekend 2. My leg was pretty much torn up (which I hardly mind, really. It was fine driving home after the show each night, and the pains reminded me of what a great weekend I just had).

My main problem is that I don't drive. I was planning on flying to LAX then getting the Greyhound to Indio and hitching a ride from there, which is what I had done in 2008 (I live in Australia, so it's been a long time between Coachellas). If I remember correctly, back then there was no car camping and everyone had to lug their gear into the camping area and leave their cars separately. Might just have to buy the GA pass and see if I can find somebody willing to share their car camping spot with me. Well, that's if I even manage to get a pass. As I said, I remember it being a lot easier last time..

You'll most definitely be able to find someone here to share their spot with you, provided you don't act like that serial killer, riggins.

Also the fewer times you mention fresh goat meat, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    You'll most definitely be able to find someone here to share their spot with you, provided you don't act like that serial killer, riggins.

Also the fewer times you mention fresh goat meat, the better.
    Awesome. I'll keep that in mind. May have talked a mate into coming yet, so if he's keen then we'll be renting a car, and I'll probably have a couple of spare seats to and from LA, plus some extra camping space to offer. Again, provided I remember to wake up at 4am Wednesday (Brisbane time) to try to buy tickets!

Lurker

This is the information I got from FrontGate when I called about trying to return my tent camping pass:

The deal is you must have the ticket that corresponds to the tent camping (and I'm guessing that means car camping as well??) pass you have. So say I want to sell my tent camping pass (WHICH I DO!!!), I would have to trade tickets with someone, then sell them my tent camping pass that goes along with my ticket, so I could still have a ticket to the festival, but not necessarily the ticket I initially bought, which would now be in the hands of the person I sold my tent camping pass to. Mind you this came straight from the girl I talked to that works for Frontgate, so I demand no take backsies from them on this matter.

Just thought I would inform the masses, and ya'll can pass on the wisdom given to me. And anyone seriously interested in my tent camping pass is welcome to contact me!