Thread: Purity Ring

Default Purity Ring

I must have a completely distorted view of their popularity. Not a single thread yet?

I really wish they were billed higher - simply to gain an evening set. Their stage set up is mesmerizing, but it won't translate to daylight. Maybe they'll come up with something new for 'chella.

Last edited by lostatlimbo; 01-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: Purity Ring

They were amazeeee at FYF at dusk. They'll play in a tent but it still won't be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    tl;dr: ACID.

I saw them in a tent at Sasquatch while it was still light out. Certainly not the same as seeing then inside but they still put on a great show. I will definitely try to catch them at Coachella and would encourage others to do so. They have a really cool sound

I love these guys. Shrine is the record the XX should have made this year. Just saw them in NYC and their set was fantastic. I can see them in the evening in the Gobi. I can also see them getting drowned out by the DoLab or the Outdoor because they have such a quiet and nuanced sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Girlfriends favorite act on the line up, can't say I'm not excited as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo209 View Post
    Girlfriends favorite act on the line up, can't say I'm not excited as well
    hahaha same boat exactly. Excited. Indie Trap ftw (let the flaming commence)
    DRUGS ON KIDS

One of the bands I'm most excited to see on friday. Hoping for an evening set

Quote Originally Posted by DieCer View Post
    They were amazeeee at FYF at dusk. They'll play in a tent but it still won't be the same.
    My first thought is that it would be better due to all of those lamp shades on stage ala Fever Ray.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I'm excited as hell. I *just* discovered them and it's definitely love. I'll for sure check them out.
    2010 / 2011 / 2012 (Wkd 1) / 2013*

http://www.last.fm/user/bea_afraid

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I really wish they were billed higher - simply to gain an evening set. Their stage set up is mesmerizing, but it won't translate to daylight. Maybe they'll come up with something new for 'chella.
    Low billing on the poster doesn't necessarily mean a daytime spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Exactly. I expect them to get a night time slot in the Gobi.

stoked for this set. gunna be awesome. and +1 to the night time slot.

Loved them at Sasquatch last year. Would highly recommend catching them if possible

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Low billing on the poster doesn't necessarily mean a daytime spot.
    yup, ASAP Rocky was billed pretty low last year, and he closed the Gobi

i was really looking forward to this set but it was ruined by low volume/do lab sound bleed, people who were just there to talk (which seemed to be at least half the crowd) and dickheads holding up pool noodles or stupid signs with faces or lots of various inflatable bullshit. i was a ways back but still closer than the soundboard.

anyone else get really close? i'm guessing the atmosphere was a little better up front... or was everyone up there also more concerned with what Bro-bro McDbag had to say about how wasted he was last night?
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I was entranced by the webcast for this set. Really enjoyed it. Thought it was shot beautifully and sounded great.

One of my favorite sets from Friday
    COACHELLA '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (1), '13 (1)

Please tell me people aren't holding up face signs all over the place. If so, I might have to morph into my alter egbro for a few minutes, smash them, then revert back to my boring self.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    Please tell me people aren't holding up face signs all over the place. If so, I might have to morph into my alter egbro for a few minutes, smash them, then revert back to my boring self.
    +1. I probably won't have to morph into anything because I'm pretty bro myself, but I'll definitely make it so that I'm not standing behind a huge stupid fucking head.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i was really looking forward to this set but it was ruined by low volume/do lab sound bleed, people who were just there to talk (which seemed to be at least half the crowd) and dickheads holding up pool noodles or stupid signs with faces or lots of various inflatable bullshit. i was a ways back but still closer than the soundboard.

anyone else get really close? i'm guessing the atmosphere was a little better up front... or was everyone up there also more concerned with what Bro-bro McDbag had to say about how wasted he was last night?
    Agreed, the sound was horrible and the crowd got dis-interested and I was a little disappointed that they were 20 minutes late

I enjoy Purity Ring and my friends and I were all looking forward to them. Then they were BOR-RING! I suggest seeing someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    i'm afraid it's only going to get worse until fests decide it's enough and ban em. i dont mind sometimes depending on what it is, but the faces and signs that effectively block the view of a hundred people or so are just really annoying. i got close to the dbag with the inflatable monkey during grimes (i think). he was as much the dbag as i had pictured. he'd wave the monkey in the air, and then look at his friends like the fuck yea guy. you could tell in his mind he thought he was making the set that much more awesome when in reality everyone around him was giving him the evil eye because he was blocking their view.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

That monkey was fucking horrible. I also think someone had a Kris Jenner face fan at Grimes which was more allegedly more amusing than annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

would've been an awesome performance if the vocals didn't sound like crap. And it was a technical problem, not hers.

The Gobi was having mic/sound issues all day Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by billyh0 View Post
    Agreed, the sound was horrible and the crowd got dis-interested and I was a little disappointed that they were 20 minutes late
    Everyone at the gobi was late on Friday. The Shouting Matches had sound issues and started about 30 min late, but somehow were allowed to play their full set which pushed all the following acts back.
    COACHELLA '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (1), '13 (1)

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i'm afraid it's only going to get worse until fests decide it's enough and ban em. i dont mind sometimes depending on what it is, but the faces and signs that effectively block the view of a hundred people or so are just really annoying. i got close to the dbag with the inflatable monkey during grimes (i think). he was as much the dbag as i had pictured. he'd wave the monkey in the air, and then look at his friends like the fuck yea guy. you could tell in his mind he thought he was making the set that much more awesome when in reality everyone around him was giving him the evil eye because he was blocking their view.
    the people around a guy like that need to man the fuck up and tell people to stop doing shit like that if they're constantly blocking peoples view. dont just politely stand there and have your show ruined
    Coachella 2010, 2011, 2012-2, 2013-2

I couldn't hear her whatsoever, which didn't make me very happy. All I could hear was the fucking dolab.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.