Thread: Covering your tent from the sun

Default Covering your tent from the sun

The last three years of camping my group has done a poor job covering our tent so that it stays cool for as long as possible in the morning. Any suggestions for this year? We are planning on putting a canopy over the tent and putting tarp around it so it stays in the shade.

Default Re: Covering your tent from the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Mixture of an EZ up, zip ties and tarps helps a lot. If you want to get creative you can use a bunch of those car reflector things taped or stapled together. keeps the UV rays from cooking things on the other side

EDIT: that tarp above looks promising and at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersblue View Post
    The last three years of camping my group has done a poor job covering our tent so that it stays cool for as long as possible in the morning. Any suggestions for this year? We are planning on putting a canopy over the tent and putting tarp around it so it stays in the shade.
    Best suggestion ever: Setup your camp before you head to campgrounds to make notes of your structure. Last thing you want to do is go with the intent of being prepared, but having a janky setup and laying in the shade of your car. I've seen it happen every year.

EZ-Up + breathable tapestry is the best practical shader, you can add misters if you fancy like that.

harbor freights awesome, tarp isn't soooper reflective but defiantly beats a regular one.
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

I bought these mesh tarps for shade walls on canopy last year. http://www.harborfreight.com/8-ft-x-...arp-96943.html however they turned out to be more for wind blockage as weekend 1 was a lil stormy.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably get some tarp similar to the ones you guys suggested as the walls for the canopy. Anything that can get me an extra hour of sleep in the morning will be worth the money!