Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition for better late night music in the campgrounds

Default Petition for better late night music in the campgrounds

I've only attended the past two years, but I've heard stories about epic sets in the campgrounds in years past (flylo, etc). The roller rink in 2011 was fun, but last year was pretty dismal. I wanted to punch who ever that shitty DJ was spinning top 40 all night on Thursday, and the silent disco was not up to muster. It was kind of a let down, especially saturday night coming off of the incredible Radiohead set and seeing virtually nothing going down in the campgrounds. Maybe I just missed whatever was going on, but I made a pretty big circuit of the campgrounds every night and didn't see much. I just want to party, dammit!

Default Re: Petition for better late night music in the campgrounds

The entire campground Weekend 1 was absolutely dead. It was bizarre. The colder than average weather probably had an effect, but at one point we tried to find the silent disco and couldn't...was it open every night? I know they said BadBadNotGood would be the resident late night band, but I never once saw them, and am not convinced they even played...did anybody see them?

I agree, I would love to see some better campground sets or activities.

BBNG did play every night, but I'm pretty sure they started during the headliner and finished about a half hour after people started coming back. They also played the same set every night. The silent disco was only on saturday and sunday night, cause apparently the DJ thursday night went too late and got fined or something (according to a silent disco dude we talked to). So overall it was pretty lame.

And I guess the cold could have been a factor but come on, It's fucking Coachella. Party time central.

I saw dodgeball going on at 2am after radiohead. What is a better activity than that?

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I saw dodgeball going on at 2am after radiohead. What is a better activity than that?
    Anything involving music and dancing. It's a music fest, not fifth grade gym class.

The music should be within the festival itself. After 13 hours of music a little break is nice.

Super Tall Paul was pretty entertaining

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

How about a couple actual bands instead of just DJs? I'm sure any of the names on the bottom line would be thrilled to have more exposure
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    The music should be within the festival itself. After 13 hours of music a little break is nice.
    A little break can nice, I agree, but that's why you have a campground. Coachella is my one big vacation every year and I want to squeeze every inch of fun out if it that I can. I don't want to be shunted into a silent campground after having my mind blown all day. I want to sit and have a beer or two and then keep partying till the wee hours. If that's not your thing that's fine but I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    How about a couple actual bands instead of just DJs? I'm sure any of the names on the bottom line would be thrilled to have more exposure
    Good point I would be totally down for this as well.

SIgned. The roller rink was fantastic way to end the night. Super Tall Paul was awesome for winding down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Just not 2 Bears please. I don't need them anywhere around where I am late at night.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Yeah that looks fun, I think I walked by it at one point, but their little area could only hold maybe two dozen people. Didn't the Dome used to do late night stuff back in the day? My friend was telling me that it used to go till four or something. They should bring that back.

That "silent dance party" was horseshit and they didn't even do it Saturday or Sunday, 100% agree w this idea

I agree. I love Coachella and sometimes you want to go back to your camp but you should have the option of just staying up and dancing as long as you want and can. Grow up Coachella: I know there are the laws but The Roo and Waka go all night. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I'm glad people agree. I thought I took crazy pills last year, everyone was hunkered down in their campsites.

bbng was always playing before and after. They played one morning till like 2-3am. They improvised one time and had a random fellow come and rap on the mic for a song or two. I caught them every night when i wanted to go to the general store.

AND YES WE NEED MORE CAMPGROUND PARTY OPTIONS

dirtybird records is spinning the campgrounds this year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zemorr View Post
    dirtybird records is spinning the campgrounds this year!!!
    Are you basing this on anything?

Bump. This situation needs to change, people.

BADBADNOTGOOD played every morning and at night an hour after the headliners??? lol am i the only one that got to see them? they were great. and Earl Sweatshirt was in the crowd on saturday night, which was cool since there was only 50-100 people in that crowd.

No more Levels in the campground from shitty car stereos is good enough for me. I'd rather have more musical instruments in the campground. don't let this be a banjo-free Coachella!

Saturday of weekend 1 someone threw an after party with a home made stage setup. There was a girl throwing glowsticks to the crowd (which was about 50 ppl at one point) and some dude in a led suit dancing on top of an RV. Anybody catch that? Music could of been better but I thought it was a pretty cool DIY stage.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

The silent dance party really freaked me out. but the roller rink was awesome.

After witnessing the spectacle that was the campground in 2010 and partying into the wee hours of the morning at Bonnaroo and Wakarusa, I also feel there needs to be some late night activity this year. The Silent Disco at Bonnaroo is always a party and is fun to watch even when you don't have a pair of headphones on. On Friday and Saturday night, I walked all over that damn campground, grabbed a spicy pie, and went back to our tent because it was so dead. I'm sure the cold didn't help, but I would much rather be raving my ass off in the cold than sweating bullets at 2am. Here's to bringing some life back to the campgrounds! Light-up swings!
    COACHELLA '06, '10, '11, '12, '13 Outkast - The Knife - Broken Bells - Bonobo - Jagwar Ma - MGMT - Warpaint - Washed Out - Darkside - Blood Orange - Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Chance the Rapper - STRFKR

I think its because the day time wasn't blisteringly hot so people started drinking heavily earlier in the day instead of waiting for the sun to go down meaning earlier bed times. The cold of the night making my girlfriends teeth chatter also made sure we got warm in the tent earlier rather than later.

was weekend two more lively when it was warm at night?
    Last edited by Ajo209; 01-28-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: weekend 1 coldchella*

oh man..... the dome in 2009 was awsome, and the bass face camping sessions in 2010 were great as well... by comparison the roller rink in 2011 and the nothingness last year were dissapointing.... i really wish they would bring the dome back......
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    That "silent dance party" was horseshit and they didn't even do it Saturday or Sunday, 100% agree w this idea
    It did happen during Sat/Sun Week 2 last year, but yes....horseshit. sweaty funked up earwaxy headphones horseshit.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate