Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Early Set Time Predictions 2013

Default Re: Early Set Time Predictions 2013

OP updated, I'll play with Sunday soon when I have some free time.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

why can't Saturday work something like this:

Main:
    Sigur Ros - 7:30 - 8:30
    The Postal Service - 8:55 - 9:45
    The XX - 10:05 - 10:55
    Phoenix - 11:25 - close

Outdoor:
    Grizzly Bear - 7:50 - 8:40
    New Order - 9:05 - 10 (A la Big Audio's set time in 2011)
    Hot Chip - 10:25 - 11:20

That gives Sigur Ros an hour-long set and guarantees that 90 percent of their set will be in complete darkness. The XX will only get a 50-minute set (if Bon Iver only got that amount of time, what makes anyone think that the XX would get more?)

Getting closer... But I really do think sigur ros will be on outdoor later at night. Maybe grizzly bear earlier on the main stage?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

why do schedule speculators only refer to the previous year's schedule?

just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Can we get the spelling of "Mojave" correct on the template? Its a great looking template, but "Mohave" is really bugging me.
    Ouch, that was an embarrassing mistake. It's corrected and I moved each day into separate threads.

I'm honestly having a hard time believing that Phoenix will have someone up against them on the Outdoor. I know, I know, they're not Arcade Fire or Radiohead who's history more than warrants a silent Outdoor, but these guys will have the second largest crowd of any headliner. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    can you make separate threads for each day? It'll make it easier to discuss
    Done and done. I don't have enough info to do Sunday yet though. I'm also 'working,' so after I get home I can get something together if everyone throws out some ideas.

whose*

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    are you uploading directly from your computer?

if so, take the images to tinypic.com, then you can embed the photos instead of posting the thumbnail.
    Much appreciated. I've lurked on the boards since '10 but I haven't really explored the interface. I also posted separate threads for Friday and Saturday and am just starting on Sunday. All help is welcomed.

I started threads for Friday and Saturday and will update the front page whenever edits are made. Shall we keep this thread alive to discuss Sunday until I have enough to put up a new thread? I'm currently at work, but I'll try to get Sunday at least started this evening.

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    -Really can't see Eric Prydz closing Outdoor. Has there ever been an electronic act or DJ close the outdoor?
    -I would switch James Blake and La Roux
    -I see The Lumineers on main early on in the afternoon
    -I see The Faint in a tent
    -I see Social D on Outdoor (maybe switch with The Lumineers?)
    -I see Cloud Nothings killing everyone in a tent

old school

For Sunday i could see OMD/Dead can Dance being a bitter conflict. Switching OMD and Rodriguez could do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Hmmm. How long did the strokes get? How long would it take the stone roses to play most of their first album and a couple off second coming? Will mess around with it taking these posts into consideration when I get home tonight.
    Strokes frequently on did an hour or so, even when Lolla gave them a 90 minute set.

Roses and Blur both really need 90 minutes.

Most defo Nick Cave in the Eric Prydz slot. Pretty Lights top the Sahara, it'll happen like that for Friday and saturday so Sunday too.

My take: Eric Prydz won't be on outdoor. Pretty lights will close either the new stage or mojave maybe even outdoor. Disclosure and Jamie Jones playing at the same time is a tragedy. in regards to gary312's comment. Nick Cave will be on the mainstage.

Also Wutang James Blake and Paul kalkbrenner all playing at the same time would make me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Long time lurker here thought I'd finally get in on some scheduling action. The one thing that jumps out to me about Sundays mock up is the Gaslight Anthem are way too big for the Gobi. Thinking they'll be on the main or outdoor for sure, most likely daytime slot. I think switching them with The Faint would work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    My take: Eric Prydz won't be on outdoor. Pretty lights will close either the new stage or mojave maybe even outdoor. Disclosure and Jamie Jones playing at the same time is a tragedy. in regards to gary312's comment. Nick Cave will be on the mainstage.

Also Wutang James Blake and Paul kalkbrenner all playing at the same time would make me sad.
    Fairplay about the Nick Cave comment. I guess it does make sense looking at the post. I'd hope in that case for it to be Wu-Tang Clan but I feel it might be Vampire Weekend. If so I'd prefer Outdoor to finish before Main Stage.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I'd switch Prydz and Excision, mostly cause i fucking hate excision and i want to end the fest with prydz but also doesn't the billing factor into it as well?
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

For whatever reason, Xanman's Sunday won't load for me, so I am just basing this on the comments, but you guys have another thing coming if you think:

a) Eric Prydz and Pretty Lights will be anywhere outside of the final 3 in the Sahara (the only reason I don't say final 2 is because Excision is apparently debuting some huge visual show, but I'd still probably bet it will go Excision --> Pretty Lights --> Eric Prydz)
    b) Nick Cave will be anywhere outside of the main stage leading into Red Hot Chili Peppers

There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the #3 --> #2 --> #1 on the main, and the marquee dance acts closing out the Sahara.

Main // Outdoor // Gobi // Mojave // Sahara // New

Last edited by xanman86; 02-02-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Upcoming shows
    Events

As far as electronic acts go, no way that Paul Oakenfold is in the smaller, newer tent instead of Bashmore, Maya Jane Coles, etc. Also, I really, really think Pretty Lights should be a no brainer for the Sahara. He played it last time he was here.

Hardwell --> Oakenfold --> [Excision or Prydz] --> Pretty Lights --> [Excision or Prydz] makes the most sense to me...

Does Excision close with his new show (lame, but plausible) or does Prydz tear it apart against the Chili Peppers? I am hoping for the latter, but you could make a compelling argument for the former.

Oh wow, Hardwell billed over Oakenfold, maybe it's the other way around. Either way, those 5 seem like the no brainer last 5 in the Sahara, in whatever iteration.

I switched Paul O back into the Sahara with Maya Jane Coles and put Julio Bashmore before him. I still think one of those EDM acts bringing a major set up could close the Outdoor this night. (or at least get a Girl Talk-like slot)

Upcoming shows
    Events

Pretty lights also didn't have his light show in 2010. I don't think its a lock that hes in the Sahara. Like i've been sayin this whole time, I could definately see him in sub focus' spot last year closing mojave.

I switched Paul O back into the Sahara with Maya Jane Coles and put Julio Bashmore before him. I still think one of those EDM acts bringing a major set up could close the Outdoor this night. (or at least get a Girl Talk-like slot)
    I think of the three top EDM acts, Pretty Lights is way more likely than Prydz or Excision for a non-Sahara spot. But since their billing strategy this year seems to be no Sahara on the 2nd line, and then to put the two highest billed Sahara acts as the first two on the third line (Bassnectar/Dog Blood, Knife Party/Benassi, and then Pretty Lights/Prydz), my guess is that Pretty Lights is indeed headed for the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Pretty lights also didn't have his light show in 2010. I don't think its a lock that hes in the Sahara. Like i've been sayin this whole time, I could definately see him in sub focus' spot last year closing mojave.
    Only problem with this is that Sub Focus was the fifth highest billed Sahara-esque act on their day, and Pretty Lights is the first. The only time that the highest billed Sahara type act plays outside of the Sahara seems to be if they play on the main (LCD, Tiesto, Justice, SHM).

At the end of the day, billing is a way better indicator of a top act's placement than a prediction based on replicating or creating an experience (Pretty Lights in the Mojave, Sigur Ros at night on the main, Nick Cave on the outdoor, any dance act this year closing the main, etc). GV billed the acts where they saw fit, and at least with the main or Sahara, billing has been bar none the most consistent indicator of where and when an act will play.

Sahara doesn't seem right without Pretty Lights closing it. Is Excision that big to close the dance tent for the weekend? Why not Oakenfold -> Hardwell -> Excision -> Prydz -> Pretty Lights?

ughhhhh Prydz vs. James Blake

I see where you guys are coming from. I guess it does make more sense for Pretty Lights to close I guess personally I would rather see Eric Prydz close out. I'v seen pretty lights and it was good but nothing spectacular would be nice to see someone i've never seen before to end the fest.

If that is really the closing to Coachella how anticlimatic
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast