Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HARDWELL

Default Re: HARDWELL

I guess he doesn't suck if you like repetitive bullshit pop-house with no imagination. Please remix another Rihanna or Krewella song and press play on a pre-recorded mix. When the Hardwell hype machine started I watched 2 of his sets and they were almost identical. I always give Artists two chances before making up my mind. Do I need to go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    I guess he doesn't suck if you like repetitive bullshit pop-house with no imagination. Please remix another Rihanna or Krewella song and press play on a pre-recorded mix. When the Hardwell hype machine started I watched 2 of his sets and they were almost identical. I always give Artists two chances before making up my mind. Do I need to go on?
    If you're going to jump on Hardwell for anything, pre-mixing is totally out of the question. Just watch his Coachella, Ultra, and EDC sets. They are totally different.

Yes he uses a basic tracklist (like every fucking DJ in the world does), and mixes them periodically throughout his set, but I've been listening to Hardwell when he was playing for 300 person crowds and never once have I seen him pull a Guetta or Afrojack "press play" set.

And as far as producing "bullshit pop-house", Hardwell has stated in interviews that he stays away from remixing commercial music because he doesn't like how EDM has become incorporated into mainstream media; the only exception was when he remixed Krewella's Alive which even I'll admit, sounded like shit. Like I said before, too many people like yourself just assume that because "Insert Artist Here" is popular, that they are sellouts and commercial garbage by default.

So to answer your question: yes, please do go on.

LoL staying away from Mainstream? What about remixing Rihanna, Naked And Famous, The Wanted and Avicii to name a few?

Just because someone remixes a mainstream song doesn't make them mainstream. But then again, you are a hipster so you MUST be right.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Just because someone remixes a mainstream song doesn't make them mainstream. But then again, you are a hipster so you MUST be right.
    He's a perfect example of an unpolished artist who spews out formulaic bottom feeder rubbish to please the masses.

Sasha remixed a couple of Madonna songs in the late 90s yet he still retains his credibility that can't be bested by your EDM superstars.

I doubt that you have listened to any Hardwell songs besides Spaceman and you probably weren't even there for his set at the Sahara Tent this year. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but you just automatically assume that because Hardwell has risen in popularity that he now only produces bullshit to feed the general population. Pretty delusional if you ask me.

I doubt that you have listened to any Hardwell songs besides Spaceman and you probably weren't even there for his set at the Sahara Tent this year. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but you just automatically assume that because Hardwell has risen in popularity that he now only produces bullshit to feed the general population. Pretty delusional if you ask me.
    I was there and lasted 10-15 minutes before I left for greener pastures. That's 10-15 minutes of my life that I will never reclaim, asshole.

Disclosure has risen in popularity, yet none of us hate on them? Gee, wonder why...maybe it might have to do with the fact that they are fucking talented while Hardwell is just pure shit?

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall. Yeah man, awesome, I love Disclosure too. In fact, I just saw them at HARD Summer. But you still have yet to explain why Hardwell is "pure shit" besides saying that he plays bullshit pop-house that entertains the masses. You know why he plays for the masses? Because he worked his ass off producing and slowly worked his way up to the top because people realized that he was talented. Maybe someday Disclosure will get to that level as well and then you can start hating on them.

I know that at this point I sound like I have a raging hard on for this guy but I'm seriously just trying to defend someone who I think receives hate from people who really have no knowledge of his music or background but make ill-advised judgement based off a stereotype that they envision artists like Hardwell fitting into.

Do us all a favor, and save your fucking enlightenment about popular artists being popular because people like them for the short bus
    Upcoming shows:
    12/12 EPROM
    12/14 Kraddy, An-ten-nae, Love & Light
    4/11-4/13 Coachella!

You realize that this is the last refuge of a man who can no longer defend his beliefs in a rational manner. It's dick-tucking at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    You realize that this is the last refuge of a man who can no longer defend his beliefs in a rational manner. It's dick-tucking at its finest.
    Fightin' fire with fire my friend.

No one is your friend you incessant troll. There is no feeling of mutual respect. At least sonicc is funny you just suck
    Upcoming shows:
    12/12 EPROM
    4/11-4/13 Coachella!

you can replace tiesto with hardwell in this classic video and it will once again be relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59yZJDYGZg

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    No one is your friend you incessant troll. There is no feeling of mutual respect. At least sonicc is funny you just suck
    I'm pretty sure sonicc was being serious. (Everyone on here thinks that you're just great by the way)

I wouldn't claim to know what "everyone on here" thinks even after years of reading these boards. I think you should try sticking a fork in an outlet, or seeing how much turpentine you can drink
    Upcoming shows:
    12/12 EPROM
    4/11-4/13 Coachella!

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall. Yeah man, awesome, I love Disclosure too. In fact, I just saw them at HARD Summer. But you still have yet to explain why Hardwell is "pure shit" besides saying that he plays bullshit pop-house that entertains the masses. You know why he plays for the masses? Because he worked his ass off producing and slowly worked his way up to the top because people realized that he was talented. Maybe someday Disclosure will get to that level as well and then you can start hating on them.

I know that at this point I sound like I have a raging hard on for this guy but I'm seriously just trying to defend someone who I think receives hate from people who really have no knowledge of his music or background but make ill-advised judgement based off a stereotype that they envision artists like Hardwell fitting into.
    Let me know when Hardwell is aware of Detroit techno and Chicago house. At least Disclosure, in spite of their popularity, pay homage to the underground with tact and class.

Disclosure can have numerous #1 hits on the UK Top 10 or Hot 100 but I will never hate on them because they produce quality tracks. They are living proof that you do not have to sacrifice creativity in order to seek popularity.

sonicc is our most sincere board member.

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

efrain workin' the straw man.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Let me know when Hardwell is aware of Detroit techno and Chicago house. At least Disclosure, in spite of their popularity, pay homage to the underground with tact and class.

Disclosure can have numerous #1 hits on the UK Top 10 or Hot 100 but I will never hate on them because they produce quality tracks. They are living proof that you do not have to sacrifice creativity in order to seek popularity.
    Well to be fair, Hardwell DID do a mashup with Fedde Le Grand's Put Your Hands Up For Detroit in his set at Coachella this year. If that's not paying homage to the underground, then I don't know what is.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Well to be fair, Hardwell DID do a mashup with Fedde Le Grand's Put Your Hands Up For Detroit in his set at Coachella this year. If that's not paying homage to the underground, then I don't know what is.
    You don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

efrain44: Official nominee for Worst Noob of 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

There is a song called "put your hands up for Detroit"? Lol
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    efrain44: Official nominee for Worst Noob of 2013™
    Yesss...

Fuckin' lol

Hardwell is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Fuck Hardwell fuck EDM NOOBS fuck this thread

He's going to be in town over Labor Day weekend.
    Now I know to steer clear. Pheeeew

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    He's going to be in town over Labor Day weekend.
    Now I know to steer clear. Pheeeew
    He's done touring California so you shouldn't have to worry.

Best thread ever!