Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    No idea how/why he equated the two. Haha.
    Because they are both huge headliners? Other than radiohead what act would bring a larger crowd to a festival?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

I'd just like to give my eternal thanks to whoever created the title to this thread. Cracks me right the fuck up every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    came here to post this. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...iners-20130417

hate to say i told you so but i fucking told you so. These guys had NO business headlining mainstage.
    THEY ARE CO-HEADLINERS!!! The switch was going to happen either way, didn't any of you see the original flyers? Stop trying to create stories.

Lurker

From that same article...

UPDATE, 4/18/13, 1:30 P.M.: A rep for Goldenvoice, which produces Coachella, tells Rolling Stone that the time swap was always part of the festival's plan, as the Stone Roses and Blur are billed as co-headliners on the poster.

BTW, Who the fuck cares? Go see the band you want to see and enjoy. Bonus if it's a really cool band that rarely tours.
    Who wants to see some cheesy-ass overplayed headliner anyway? If YOU do, then I think you're at the wrong festival.

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    The only thing sad about the turnout is that's it's just further proof of how terrible our country is.
    Or you could get your head on straight and realize that How to Destroy Angels were playing at the same time.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Try and sit through this...particularly 1:55 to end. Pretty clear why Bilbo was so pissed off: Without thousands of drunken Brits singing along to cover up his karaoke vocals, he's laid bare for all to laugh at.

May be time for Golden Voice to go around to Palm Springs high schools giving out free wristbands on the condition that you show up to the SR set. Perhaps cages to keep the kids there when they try to flee.

I would choose Stone Roses over HTDA almost every time. When else am I going to see the Stone Roses, for fuck's sake? (other than W1 or W2)
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I would choose Stone Roses over HTDA almost every time. When else am I going to see the Stone Roses, for fuck's sake? (other than W1 or W2)
    I pondered this but in the end I didn't see Stone Roses because I was tired and realized I didn't give a shit. Should I make the effort to see something I don't care about just because I've only got one chance to? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

This was NOT a shitty booking for the few that were enraptured on the polo field at midnight.
    FEW. they were not headliners. plain and simple. whether GV likes it or not, presales are not selling out because of the fucking Stone Roses headlining.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    RHCP didn't replace anyone, in fact they were one of the first to be confirmed by GV for headlining... like almost a year in advance... keep trying though..
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-wire-20130125

They were confirmed an hour before the lineup came out and had been in talks "for months" prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I pondered this but in the end I didn't see Stone Roses because I was tired and realized I didn't give a shit. Should I make the effort to see something I don't care about just because I've only got one chance to? Nah.
    If you're not a fan, don't go see them, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

If you're not a fan, don't go see them, obviously.
    If you thought The Stone Roses were pissed with the weekend 1 crowd, then just wait until tomorrow night. I just don't see how Reni is going to dodge all the glow sticks being thrown at him. Yet another black eye on the face of Brit-kind.

Last Friday, the 12th, was the biggest the Stone Roses have ever been, and will ever be, internationally. I hope you guys got your souvenir mugs, because that band is over. And a kiss from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, still, after all these years.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

I can't believe people are still twisted about the Stone Roses headlining?

Did not seeing the headliner ruin your evening? Get fucked.

Were Tegan and Sarah not epic enough?

anyone who saw Grinderman -> HTDA gives no fucks about what happened, or didn't, on the main stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    I can't believe people are still twisted about the Stone Roses headlining?

Did not seeing the headliner ruin your evening? Get fucked.

Were Tegan and Sarah not epic enough?

anyone who saw Grinderman -> HTDA gives no fucks about what happened, or didn't, on the main stage.
    Number one reason for Modest Mouse NOT headlining: They're fucking sick looking junkies. Is this your way of crying over the Stone Roses thread outliving your piece of shit petition to get Modest Mouse headlining the rehab tent thread? That keyboardist has less than two years to live. I'm glad we all got to see them before the end. Proof that meth/junk/cocaine don't give a fuck who you are. Didn't that feel good? That felt good.

The plan was always to have Blur close weekend two and Paul basically said that he wasn't concerned by The Roses small crowd
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...y-one-20130418

whiney pain in butt

Said Tollett, "I guess dance music is sticking around."

ya think???

whiney pain in butt

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-wire-20130125

They were confirmed an hour before the lineup came out and had been in talks "for months" prior to that.
    A member of RHCP told me they were first approached to headline May/June 2012.. So I'll believe him.. since uh, he's in the band.

And there's an irreconcilability between the band being approached last spring and not signing until the night of the lineup release how, exactly?
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

whiney pain in butt

Not really sure. rollingstone.com says RHCP was the replacement for Rolling Stones.. I doubt that. seeing how they got the Blur/Stone Roses wrong. They are the CNN of music reporting

No one ever said they were the replacement for the Rolling Stones. Coachella wanted the Rolling Stones. I'm sure they wanted Daft Punk and half a dozen other acts, too. But they didn't get them, and they needed a bankable headliner to finish the lineup, and hey, look, the Chili Peppers will take money.

FWIW, Menik said he found out about RHCP headlining over a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Look, all I've got is the rumors at booking time that Blur and Phoenix were done deals and that the festival was scrambling for an actual headliner, and then this Rolling Stone piece where, you know, RHCP's own manager says the booking came down until the hour before they released the lineup.

Said Tollett, "I guess dance music is sticking around."

ya think???
    That quote gave me a chuckle for sure

A member of RHCP told me they were first approached to headline May/June 2012.. So I'll believe him.. since uh, he's in the band.
    Are you talking about that new guitarist that everyone loves so much, because I doubt Flea or Anthony would give much time to anyone from this message board (unless you're one of the few people here with any kind of clout... which reminds me... what ever happened to motorave?elohel). So then it's bloated drummer, or shite new guitarist who allegedly gave you insider information. Gooey.

This thread is officially in Ouroboros territory. Would someone kindly set it on fire, please?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    God your ignorant. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, RHCP, The Lumineers, Two Door Cinema Club, and Modest Mouse all had huge crowds. Yeah EDM and rap is popular at coachella, but so is folk rock, indie rock, and indie pop. Mumford and Sons would of drawn the biggest crowd at coachella if they were to headline. Coachella dropped the ball this year on promoting the Stone Roses. Face the facts. Why would anyone care about an obscure band that never had a single hit in the US and haven't put out any new material within the last 20 years to promote? THe egos of the stone roses is baffling, and completely irrational. All of you who back the roses are even more delusional than the band, and your excuse for the coachella crowd only caring about sahara acts is even more indignant.
    FUCK ME!!! Paul Tollett is reading my fucking posts! Tollett is open to considering an EDM act to headline again, This ain't no consideration, this is going to happen because this is what your audience wants. Paul, if you are reading this...keep on booking British bands for soCal shows but NOT for the top spot in your festival. It doesn't do anybody any good. Keep up the good work chap!

I say God bless GV for continuing to book niche acts like Stone Roses, Portishead, and My Bloody Valentine. Without GV I doubt I would have gotten to see ANY of them, unless I traveled overseas.
    Amyzzz...it's great GV books these bands and I admit I look forward to the poster every year just cause I know they'll be playing around my area. I saw some good shows the last year without going to Coachella. Kasabian..PULP..DAMN I was pissed when they didn't announce any other Blur/SR shows. I like the club environment, that is my shit. I would gladly pay X amount of money to see my fav bands with a few thousand other folks that actually care. But yay for GV, keep on booking!

Quote Originally Posted by negaverse View Post
    FUCK ME!!! Paul Tollett is reading my fucking posts! Tollett is open to considering an EDM act to headline again, This ain't no consideration, this is going to happen because this is what your audience wants. Paul, if you are reading this...keep on booking British bands for soCal shows but NOT for the top spot in your festival. It doesn't do anybody any good. Keep up the good work chap!
    He means DP, you dimwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Why would the US need another EDM festival? Much less Southern California. GV could afford to pull this, so they did and it'll still sell out for years to come. The bookings of both Blur and SR is something the festival would've done in the earlier years, while they wouldn't have headlined, they wouldn't look out of place on the poster when it was a young festival. Coachella is about doing something different and booking bands you won't see elsewhere, which is why people go. I don't regret going to SR even if it was a subpar performance, but at least I got a chance to see their only show in the states for what could be the last time. All it means is that we won't see Primal Scream or Happy Mondays or Kula Shaker atop the bill.
    I don't think they need ANOTHER EDM festival but they would be better off bringing some of the acts from the Sahara and getting them out to the masses on the main stage. The Sahara tent was nuts this year, no question about it. Ahh Kula Shaker were bloody awful man!

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    He means DP, you dimwit.
    No shit Sherlock, and what is the big deal with DP anyway. Saw them in 2006 and Lolla 2007, I've had my fill and it tasted bitter.