Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

So how many people were there??? how was the show??

It was the same size as Tokyo Ska Parade. Singer said fuck you under his breath at one point
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Had a fuckin excellent time. Reni drumming is like watching something from another world.
    Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but who cares? Those who wanted it got a wicked show.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It was the same size as Tokyo Ska Parade. Singer said fuck you under his breath at one point
    Vocals sounded like karaoke at your local bowling alley bar. Total shite.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 04-15-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: text posting- Don't do it

Still can't believe how embarrassing that was.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Thanks
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

if you went into that performance thinking Ian was going to sound amazing, you're #1 obviously not a Stone Roses fan, and #2 who cares.

They were fucking incredible last night. Seriously the highlight of the evening. Played everything I wanted to hear aside from skipping Mersey Paradise. Visuals were superb as well. Everyone around was singing, smiling, dancing, hands in the air, enjoying the hell out of themselves, which was great to see at such a late hour.

While everyone else was off listening to shit that will be forgotten by morning, those that caught the only US performance from The Stone Roses will have that memory for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Had a fuckin excellent time. Reni drumming is like watching something from another world.
    Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but who cares? Those who wanted it got a wicked show.
    Reni KILLED it! the guy is an animal!

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

As far as the band goes they were one of the best sounding of the night. I knew going in that Ian would sound rough but he was so bad that it became distracting. And yeah, the crowd was incredibly tiny. They should've closed the outdoor.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

The crowd was stupid small, but it just made it a lot more fun because you could be close to the stage without feeling claustrophic/crowded. And their song selection was fantastic, so every song was a sing-a-long. My favorite set of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

by far the smallest crowd at any headline slot at any festival, ever
    it was painful to watch
    if we know that there were, i dont know, 80k people yesterday at the festival site, i dont think there were more than 7,000-8,000 at the stone roses show
    the show was solid, but i expected more
    Blur seemed a far better choice for a headliner, even thought both are amazingly weak for the US crowds

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    No...he said 'Thank You'..do you not speak Mancunian? Stop trying to start shit dude.

the Roses were unbelievable. If people don't turn up, what can you do. Half the festival audience is busy getting their face off. The best musicians, with the best song (I am the Resurrection) closed the night.

Quote Originally Posted by negaverse View Post
    No...he said 'Thank You'..do you not speak Mancunian? Stop trying to start shit dude.
    Don't feed into that troll motherfucker.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sladokusac View Post
    by far the smallest crowd at any headline slot at any festival, ever
    it was painful to watch
    if we know that there were, i dont know, 80k people yesterday at the festival site, i dont think there were more than 7,000-8,000 at the stone roses show
    the show was solid, but i expected more
    Blur seemed a far better choice for a headliner, even thought both are amazingly weak for the US crowds
    Wow, shitbird, I don't even think Stalin could get more wrong about thousands.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

old school

...sigh.....that was underwhelming if not mildly heartbreaking. Ian Brown didn't want to be there and neither did I after 30-40 minutes. I came back twice to touch base but Reznor was the better choice. There were SR shirts at Reznor.

The band was great, ian either didn't like the quiet crowd or had flashbacks to his 2004 solo gig at inland invasion where the power was pulled. blur won the crowd with humility and SR was distant cockiness. crowd was smaller than jack j for sure, but I still have total respect for GV taking a big chance. We'll see what happens W2.

I'd love to eavesdrop on the GV meeting when the discuss this booking in retrospect. interesting lesson in bringing a horse to water and it not wanting to drink.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    ...sigh.....that was underwhelming if not mildly heartbreaking. Ian Brown didn't want to be there and neither did I after 30-40 minutes. I came back twice to touch base but Reznor was the better choice. There were SR shirts at Reznor.

The band was great, ian either didn't like the quiet crowd or had flashbacks to his 2004 solo gig at inland invasion where the power was pulled. blur won the crowd with humility and SR was distant cockiness. crowd was smaller than jack j for sure, but I still have total respect for GV taking a big chance. We'll see what happens W2.

I'd love to eavesdrop on the GV meeting when the discuss this booking in retrospect. interesting lesson in bringing a horse to water and it not wanting to drink.
    Bumblebee is absolutely right. May I burn in hell for saying that. I was there for the 1st 4 songs before I made the decision to move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post

The only reason they pulled the power was because Ian's set was over and he kept playing as the stage was turning having a laugh. He was fucking funny telling the crowd that Moz won't be playing.

Both Stone Roses & Blur were fucking amazing. There were plenty enough people having a blast.

Funny how roboto and zafocaine are on here sucking eachothers dicks about this again. You fucking clowns don't belong here. All you can do is talk shit about the stone roses, and that's all you have been doing. It's your obsessive trolling habit that brings you joy.I have looked at the posts you have done on here, and people fucking can't stand you. (take a look). Again your here like clockwork, or "cockwork" doing what you do best. Huff ass and talk shit. We on the other hand thought the show and crowd were great. We had such a good time last night, and can't wait to get back today! It's really too bad that circle jerks like the 2 clowns mentioned above feel the need to bring negative vibes here...but it really doesn't matter. There is too much "good" happening at Coachella to let career trolls ruin it. Been loving this since 99' and won't stop now. See ya out there today with smiles....
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

I thought it was great and so did my whole crew. The jam at the end of Fools Gold was freakin rad. The band has killer chops and I had low expectations for the VOX so I was mildly surprised.

All the peeps crying about "not wanting to be there and poor crowd interaction" would have shit themselves at Lou Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    worst headliner choice in coachella history.
    Maybe they can get kanye again for you?

i feel like the fanboys are making excuses for their precious stone roses.

That's funny, I feel like the haters are the ones making excuses. Your primary problem appears to be that it was not very crowded. So what you are really saying is that popularity is all that counts. You don't care that the show was fucking awesome or that this band is possi ly THE most influential of it's day. So how about this. Next year GV can book Beiber, Carly Ray Jepsen, and the Black Eyed Peas. Will that satisfy you retarded fucks who keep bitching about popularity?
    Last edited by Wolfbeckett; 04-13-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    That's funny, I feel like the haters are the ones making excuses. Your primary problem appears to be that it was not very crowded. So what you are really saying is that popularity is all that counts. You don't care that the show was fucking awesome or that this band is possi ly THE most influential of it's day. So how about this. Next year GV can book Beiber, Carly Ray Jepsen, and the Black Eyed Peas. Will that satisfy you retarded fucks who keep bitching about popularity?
    You're taking it to the extreme dude haha. Stone Roses aren't a good headliner and I'm a fan of them. From the live stream, their show seemed disappointing. I love the hell out of them but they do not deserve that spot. It makes perfect sense for all of the criticism

Ok headliner is usually a wow factor . When you put out a band that only 10 percent of the fest will go to seems rediculous.

I'm glad you fans enjoyed it but you know the thread title is wrong. I think it will only be worse week 2 after people getting word about how great the other sets were and how let down people were for the Roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'm glad you fans enjoyed it but you know the thread title is wrong. I think it will only be worse week 2 after people getting word about how great the other sets were and how let down people were for the Roses.
    Not sure where you're picking up that people were let down. Everyone around me loved it. The person I was there with didn't even know the Roses and though it was awesome. The people in this thread mostly either weren't there and watched the webfeed, or are the same trolls who have been badmouthing the band throughout the whole thread. Not exactly what you might call reliable witnesses.

I think just because a band is a headliner in one country/continent doesn't mean they can headline anywhere. The Stone Roses could (and have?) headlined Glastonbury, just like Jane's Addiction have headlined Coachella, but it could never be the other way around as they've only got a domestic fanbase, not international.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Nobody has a problem booking the roses. Headlining is the damn issue. You waste the biggest stage for one of the least populated sets in history. It's just illogical. Would you damn retards just admit it.