Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Its not a disappointment, its just what you would think it would be.
    They've got unsold tickets, probably a good chunk of no-shows and people who would rather lose a significant amount of money than attend, a devalutation of their brand and product, a likely decrease in pre-sale demand for 2014, and a good chance of lower revenues due to fewer people attending.

No, they're probably not disappointed at all.

I think people talking about the whole "GV is going back to its roots", "this is a clear anti-EDM statement" etc, are over-thinking it.

There was one dream headliner available last year (Radiohead) and none this year. All the headliners being booked by other festivals this year (McCartney, The Cure, Mumford, Springsteen, etc) were either unavailable, had recently played Coachella, or both.

They had to promote someone to the front line and spun the rare British double-play as headline worthy. It was that or promote another band like YYYs, VW, etc. No matter what occurred, the massive ticket dump, tickets selling at 2/3 face for Weekend 2 probably would have happened - but I refuse to believe GV consciously chose to do this and it was anything different than the 2013 festival landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    They've got unsold tickets, probably a good chunk of no-shows and people who would rather lose a significant amount of money than attend, a devalutation of their brand and product, a likely decrease in pre-sale demand for 2014, and a good chance of lower revenues due to fewer people attending.

No, they're probably not disappointed at all.
    Of course it isn't a good outcome. I just think they probably thought the response might have been like this. Thus the 2-3 week lineup delay

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

I think people talking about the whole "GV is going back to its roots", "this is a clear anti-EDM statement" etc, are over-thinking it.

There was one dream headliner available last year (Radiohead) and none this year. All the headliners being booked by other festivals this year (McCartney, The Cure, Mumford, Springsteen, etc) were either unavailable, had recently played Coachella, or both.

They had to promote someone to the front line and spun the rare British double-play as headline worthy. It was that or promote another band like YYYs, VW, etc. No matter what occurred, the massive ticket dump, tickets selling at 2/3 face for Weekend 1* probably would have happened - but I refuse to believe GV consciously chose to do this and it was anything different than the 2013 festival landscape.
    Corrected. Who knows how low weekend 2 will actually go the week of the festival. Weekend 1 is now going for about WHATEVER YOU WANT TO PAY FOR A TICKET, THANK YOU STONE ROSES. I mean, shouldn't we all feel like jackasses for worrying about whether or not we'd get a wristband before some non-existent market swooped them up in a "Sell Out?" The true burn here, aside from all of us clearly overpaying for tickets, is that it's nearly impossible to coax someone you don't know into selling you a camping pass without trading them a wristband to make sure it'll work properly. Everyone is so scared that these camping stickers are non-transferable. The whole thing is becoming the kind of hassle vacations were meant to alleviate us from. Seriously FUCK. No offense, Stone Roses fans. This has nothing to do with you. Enjoy your show, and have a nice weekend. GV... we need to have a few words in private.

HURRY COACHELLA BETTER BOOK RIANNA, MAROON 5 AND JUSTIN BIEBER TO SAVE IT!!! OH NOOOOOO... HURRY!!!!!

:
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Stone Rose and Blur are a dream come true!

Let's hope next year we get Primal Scream, Charlatans, MBV and a RIDE reunion.

Maybe the mental wear of disappointment from the Roses headlining will cause some cobaining.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

YES!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post

Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

RIDE

Been wishing for this reunion for so many years too!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Smile Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Maybe the mental wear of disappointment from the Roses headlining will cause some cobaining.
    I wonder how they would feel if Mansun got a headline slot next year... I'm sure Paul Draper is ready for a reunion.

hopefully roll over in their graves

Or stick with the fucking weenie roast.

yes, one of those two

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    RIDE

Been wishing for this reunion for so many years too!
    Fuck. Imagine that happening late night on the polo field!

HURRY COACHELLA BETTER BOOK RIANNA, MAROON 5 AND JUSTIN BIEBER TO SAVE IT!!! OH NOOOOOO... HURRY!!!!!:
    Haha! The way people are talking too true!

I love the line up and can care less about RHCP (saw them in the 80's) and Phoenix (saw them at ACL in 09 and thought they were OK), but will be there Friday night for SR and Blur. It's going to be a fantastic weekend!

They had to promote someone to the front line and spun the rare British double-play as headline worthy. It was that or promote another band like YYYs, VW, etc. No matter what occurred, the massive ticket dump, tickets selling at 2/3 face for Weekend 2 probably would have happened - but I refuse to believe GV consciously chose to do this and it was anything different than the 2013 festival landscape.

i disagree, the stone roses and blur were coheadliners from the getgo. It was Phoenix that got the bump. Noone would be tripping as hard on the stone roses if it weren't for having phoenix headline.

The Stone Roses/Blur
    RHCP
    The Rolling Stones (or the Smiths)

This is what GV wanted all along.

soooo...are we getting the 10 song "festival" set or the 15 song "full" set???????????????? 69 babyyyy

what about the Happy Mondays for next year. Now that would be a reunion of all reunions.
    Last edited by daveodonaghue; 04-08-2013 at 11:08 PM.

The Mondays played the Sahara in 07. It was fucking dreadful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Stone Roses fans:

1. Think that bagging on Nirvana actually increases their credibility on matters of music rather than destroying it.

2. Believe that the massive ticket dump, steep plummet in demand, and tickets going for $100-150 under face value is actually GOOD for Golden Voice and Coachella rather than a massive disappointment.

Real fucking sharp, you lot are.

But hey, at least you'll be able to cry like pre-teen Bieber fans come Friday night. Keep those chins up and don't miss the Ian jizz!
    Stone Roses non fans:

1. Think that painting all Stone Roses fans with the same brush is pretty awesome (some of us like them and Nirvana both you cock).

2. Believe that the massive ticket dump, steep plummet in demand, and tickets foing for $100-$150 under face value is do to a perceived weakness in the Friday headliner, as if a majority of people are stupid enough to not go just because there are two bands they don't like playing. This one is, admittedly, more plausible since people usually ARE stupid.

But hey, at least you'll be able to bellyache on the forums after the fact about how shitty Friday was because of the headliner that you didn't like (seriously? I didn't see a single headliner last year and still had a fucking awesome time).

Shithead.

YES!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by jazzz

Dudes...I am still waiting for the N.A leg of the Shed Seven reunion tour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Stone Roses non fans:

1. Think that painting all Stone Roses fans with the same brush is pretty awesome (some of us like them and Nirvana both you cock).

2. Believe that the massive ticket dump, steep plummet in demand, and tickets foing for $100-$150 under face value is do to a perceived weakness in the Friday headliner, as if a majority of people are stupid enough to not go just because there are two bands they don't like playing. This one is, admittedly, more plausible since people usually ARE stupid.

But hey, at least you'll be able to bellyache on the forums after the fact about how shitty Friday was because of the headliner that you didn't like (seriously? I didn't see a single headliner last year and still had a fucking awesome time).

Shithead.
    #2 is truth.

The less people at my Coachella the better. More real fans, less tools, more fun.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    #2 is truth.
    The first part of #2 is right. The majority of people interested in Coachella don't know or care about the Stone Roses. The majority of these people who have listened to the Stone Roses still think they suck. Again, no offense to Stone Roses fans, but a lot of people don't give half a shit about the band, and they know they music. It has nothing to do with how keen we are, and everything to do with the strength of the band as a headliner. Most Stone Roses fans even admit that Stone Roses don't belong as headlining this festival, which is why they're co-headlining.

If people are as stupid as you seem to think, then why would you want to be around them/ argue with them/ share your music with them? Either you're as stupid as they are, or you're just a bitch who can't accept that some people have an honest opinion based on personal observations. When you deny any of us the expression of those opinions, it makes you the ignorant asshole. I'm sure you still won't understand, but it's not through lack of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    The less people at my Coachella the better. More real fans, less tools, more fun.
    You're dreaming. The plummeting ticket sales doesn't mean less people on the fields, less tools, and more real fans. You god damn dope. It means that more people who aren't really fans, but have $200 to spend on someone desperately looking to get rid of a wristband are going to be there. It'll be at capacity, but there will be a lot more people who don't quite give a shit. A lot more broke people. A lot more people who don't know or care about the festival. This may be the big one, kids. Hold on tight.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 04-09-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Truth
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    You're dreaming. The plummeting ticket sales doesn't mean less people on the fields, less tools, and more real fans. You god damn dope. It means that more people who aren't really fans, but have $200 to spend on someone desperately looking to get rid of a wristband are going to be there. It'll be at capacity, but there will be a lot more people who don't quite give a shit. A lot more broke people. A lot more people who don't know or care about the festival. This may be the big one, kids. Hold on tight.
    This is correct. A couple of my co-workers who just want to walk around in sun dresses and see a couple EDMs acts have decided to go this week since they were offered tickets for this weekend $250. Its not the "die-hards" who are scooping up tickets at 2/3 value - its still going to be packed, only with people who care more about being seen but can now afford to just take up space instead of really care about the music.

Lol @ Earl Sweatshirt headlining... kind of. Between Tegan & Sara, Earl (and friends, I'd hope), HTDA, and Bassnectar, I expect The Stone Roses to be QUITE THE INTIMATE MAIN STAGE SHOW.

Whatever that means to you.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

I Am The Resurrection to close out Friday night aaaaaaahhhhhh yeah. Just as I hoped!

I am loving the thought of the Roses in the rave slot, playing to the daybreak hopefully.