Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

I am generally not a Brit Pop kinda guy, and am at best a distanced admirer of The Stone Roses (I didn't even own a proper record until the lineup hit and I finally gave-in to my music nerd's insistence to give them a chance), but this is fast becoming the set I am most excited for.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

worst headliner choice in coachella history.

I want to get invested into the Blur / TSR combo so, so bad.

But I... I just can't. The self-titled to me is a good record by a band that doesn't mean much to me. I say that knowing full well how much of an influence they have had over countless bands I love.

I'm happy for the hardcore Roses fans for which this seems to be a dream come true and I may be kicking myself for doing so in the future, but I may be sitting this one out. I still throw on the self titled a few times a week hoping something clicks.

I'm hoping the set goes well and I think GV will try to structure set times to protect them, but it could be interesting if there are plenty of other options during this set.

You are the biggest asshuffer in coachella history
    Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post

Give me a break, troll. I know you're trolling and not giving a serious opinion, because even people who don't like the Roses have to admit they are way way better than Jack Johnson.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Give me a break, troll. I know you're trolling and not giving a serious opinion, because even people who don't like the Roses have to admit they are way way better than Jack Johnson.
    You don't see the error in what you just typed? That you compare one man to a group of men is proof that Jack Johnson by himself is furlings more talented than any one person in the Stone Roses. Maybe your expectations of Jack Johnson are just way too high, just as my expectations of the Stone Roses are extremely low. I guess it doesn't matter, as Jack and The Roses are getting paid anyway.

bought the second coming for $5 today out of curiosity. there are some really great songs on that record. have to say i am envious of you all...
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

i'm officially a stone roses fan, and officially really excited to see them

I will be there with my Reni hat on...yes I am busting out that Reni hat!

es.-jackson-pollock-style-paint-splashed--54-p.jpg

should be a bunch of those hats there and it won't be to rep Gilligan
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I wonder how much the Stone Roses hate Oasis for writing better songs, and for getting much much bigger than them worldwide. There must be some animosity.

The amount of mental convincing it takes you all to get excited about either Blur or the Stone Roses is perplexing. There is nothing there. This band is terrible and completely unworthy of even playing a festival, let alone headlining one, let alone that festival being Coachella.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

But imagine it was thirty years ago and you hadn't heard music before . That's when you'll see the magic .

Or I could just watch some other mind-melting shit that sounds like 30 years from now...
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Imagine a giant blender that could house three humans, then imagine yourselves in it getting ripped to shreds.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I wonder how much the Stone Roses hate Oasis for writing better songs, and for getting much much bigger than them worldwide. There must be some animosity.
    I like Oasis but to say they have written better songs that the Roses is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by darklands View Post
    I like Oasis but to say they have written better songs that the Roses is absurd.
    Even though i believe zafocaine is retarded from too much meth and love the stone roses i think its safe to say Oasis wrote some better songs

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    Even though i believe zafocaine is retarded from too much meth and love the stone roses i think its safe to say Oasis wrote some better songs
    Slide away is better than good times, gas panic is better than your star will shine. But on the whole the Stone roses were more consistent and talented than Oasis

They're both terrible.

I will take quality over quantity. Oasis have always been the little brother and if you listen enough to both bands you would see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    I am not trolling. I think coachella completely dropped the ball this year on the headliners. The stone roses and blur would have been appropriate headliners for glasto (10 years ago), but the demographic who goes to coachella doesn't care about them or has likely even heard of them. They have not stood the test of time and are not relevant any more. You can try to convince yourself otherwise but they are a terrible choice for a headliner for southern CA music festival attended mostly by people in their 20s. They would have been a good choice for outdoor at like 7pm for sure but as a headliner, no fckin way.

I'm hearing this a lot but who would you have wanted to headline this year? For me personally, this is amazing. Brought me out of retirement really. I haven't been to Coachella since 2005. I'm in my 30s so I probably am older than you lot, but going to gigs in the 90's was the best, esp seeing British bands. I saw the Roses in Europe last year but haven't seen Blur since 97' and both of these bands hold the highest quality of musicianship.

I am not trolling. I think coachella completely dropped the ball this year on the headliners. The stone roses and blur would have been appropriate headliners for glasto (10 years ago), but the demographic who goes to coachella doesn't care about them or has likely even heard of them. They have not stood the test of time and are not relevant any more. You can try to convince yourself otherwise but they are a terrible choice for a headliner for southern CA music festival attended mostly by people in their 20s. They would have been a good choice for outdoor at like 7pm for sure but as a headliner, no fckin way.

I'm noticing the recent Stone Roses setlists in Australia have been either 10 songs or around 17 songs.
    I'm going to be seriously bummed if we only get 10 lousy songs. I'm not sure what we're gonna get since they're splitting headliner time with Blur, but I'm hoping for a nice long set. What do you guys think?

Crossing my fingers for a long set.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

old school

NAME the headliner you wanted that hasn't healdined int he past 4 year. AEG put Stones in arenas rather than Indio. Trent wanted to give his wife's band a month or two promo.

Stones/Blur each got voted as the most anticipated acts in a recent poll on this forum. They've always booked a healthy amount of UK acts on the top lines.

Roses reunion has headlined major venues on 4-5 continents this past month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    NAME the headliner you wanted that hasn't healdined int he past 4 year.
    So it's okay for Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline 3 times in a 10 year span, but not Paul McCartney to headline 2 times in a 4 year span.

I have to believe if you put out a poll it would overwhelmingly favor people preferring McCartney 2 times in 4 years to RHCP 3 times in 10.

For some of those festival shows, I heard they voluntarily played short sets before Bloc Party as they had full sets to play for their own gig the day after. For Coachella Weekend 1 at least, I would expect them to bring it all from Adored to Resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I'm noticing the recent Stone Roses setlists in Australia have been either 10 songs or around 17 songs.
    I'm going to be seriously bummed if we only get 10 lousy songs. I'm not sure what we're gonna get since they're splitting headliner time with Blur, but I'm hoping for a nice long set. What do you guys think?

don't forget 2nd coming dogg
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I guess I just don't get why Modest Mouse aren't headlining. Knowing they would be closing out the main stage would make me feel a lot better about the weekends. Not sure about the rest of the people who bought wristbands.