Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    haha. as much as people try to ignore you, they can't. funny shit. keep up the good work
    You would be surprised to find out how few people truly have me on ignore. It's "in" for the group members to have me on ignore, so they all act like they have me on ignore. What a bummer having a group of twats running your online associations. Maybe they're just offended that I don't want to hang out and buy beer for them. I ought to fly my Zafocaine flag all weekend, keep them scared.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    I'm not even saying this. I actually rarely see a full set anymore. The best thing you can do is pick 3 or 4 must see sets a day and then just wander...thats the heart of coachella. wandering around and seeing shit you didn't plan on or expect to. You can go see your favorite bands at your local venue in your hometown when they tour. Coachella is for wandering and is so much more than its parts. Just let go and let coachella...
    Completely agree with this. Pick a few bands that are must sees or are so rare its your only chance to see them and let each day take you where it will from there.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    I'm not even saying this. I actually rarely see a full set anymore. The best thing you can do is pick 3 or 4 must see sets a day and then just wander...thats the heart of coachella. wandering around and seeing shit you didn't plan on or expect to. You can go see your favorite bands at your local venue in your hometown when they tour. Coachella is for wandering and is so much more than its parts. Just let go and let coachella...
    I think it differs person to person. Where i'm from, bands that play at Coachella usually don't run through my town. At least the ones I want to see. Which is why I go to Coachella. So when i'm there if no one I want to see is on of course i'm just gonna wander around to some where random. A lot of my friends have different tastes so if i have nothing to do i'll go check out an artist they like that i haven't listened to. But when it comes to seeing someone i may never get a chance to see for a long time i'm gonna be making sure i'm there if i can be. Why else would I pay over 1500 for this trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Yes please identify yourself on the Polo Fields, I would like nothing better to continue this so called "debate" with you in person
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    You would be surprised to find out how few people truly have me on ignore. It's "in" for the group members to have me on ignore, so they all act like they have me on ignore. What a bummer having a group of twats running your online associations. Maybe they're just offended that I don't want to hang out and buy beer for them. I ought to fly my Zafocaine flag all weekend, keep them scared.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    I think it differs person to person. Where i'm from, bands that play at Coachella usually don't run through my town. At least the ones I want to see. Which is why I go to Coachella. So when i'm there if no one I want to see is on of course i'm just gonna wander around to some where random. A lot of my friends have different tastes so if i have nothing to do i'll go check out an artist they like that i haven't listened to. But when it comes to seeing someone i may never get a chance to see for a long time i'm gonna be making sure i'm there if i can be. Why else would I pay over 1500 for this trip?
    A: You're a mook.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    Yes please identify yourself on the Polo Fields, I would like nothing better to continue this so called "debate" with you in person
    You and a lot of other Zafocaine fanatics from the board. How does it feel to be unwanted? You have to literally beg a guy in a public internet forum for a meet up. Either prove to everyone that reads this shottily made thread that the Stone Roses are worthy headliners, or stop posting. These are your choices. It has nothing to do with you and I meeting so you can say the wrong thing to a big motherfucker and get your teeth kicked in because you can't hold your alcohol. It has everything to do with this band being a fourth line act that's headlining. You either get it, like everyone but you, or you don't.

Which weekend are you going? I just may give you a target, to spice things up some.

hhahhaaaa hhaaaaa hhaaa look whos getting his panties all bunched up. silly kook. You'll get chin checked before you know it. We are going both weekends asshole. So the chances are good
    A: You're a mook.

You and a lot of other Zafocaine fanatics from the board. How does it feel to be unwanted? You have to literally beg a guy in a public internet forum for a meet up. Either prove to everyone that reads this shottily made thread that the Stone Roses are worthy headliners, or stop posting. These are your choices. It has nothing to do with you and I meeting so you can say the wrong thing to a big motherfucker and get your teeth kicked in because you can't hold your alcohol. It has everything to do with this band being a fourth line act that's headlining. You either get it, like everyone but you, or you don't.

Which weekend are you going? I just may give you a target, to spice things up some.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

I did not know about the ignore feature. You are the first person who has been obnoxious enough to warrant it zafocaine! Thanks for letting me know about it
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    hhahhaaaa hhaaaaa hhaaa look whos getting his panties all bunched up. silly kook. You'll get chin checked before you know it. We are going both weekends asshole. So the chances are good
    Good luck =) Don't end up on youtube, scrublette.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Film4, 4DVD and Warp Films are excited to announce details of Shane Meadows’ The Stone Roses: Made of Stone, an intimate and personal documentary following one of the most revered and influential bands in British music history as they embark on their long-awaited reunion tour.

Life-long Stone Roses fan Shane Meadows was granted unprecedented access to The Stone Roses for almost a year: from the palpable excitement at the press conference in October 2011, to the intimacy of private early rehearsals in a remote barn; from the secret comeback gig at Warrington Parr Hall to the triumphant exhilaration of the Heaton Park homecoming – Shane journeyed with the band to capture the intimate moments of a resurrection no-one believed possible.

The Stone Roses: Made of Stone features the only official footage of the Manchester band’s live performances from their worldwide tour, capturing Ian, John, Mani and Reni on-stage and on the road in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Lyon, Hamburg, Belfast, Japan and Heaton Park.

The Stone Roses: Made of Stone also documents the anticipation and ecstasy of the band’s loyal fans, for whom the influence of the Stone Roses goes well beyond the music. The resulting film is a passionate, personal snapshot of a remarkable milestone in this seminal band’s history, imbued with Shane’s unique directorial style, humour and emotional depth.

Shane Meadows says: “When Ian Brown rang me to tell me my favourite band of all time was getting back together again, it was like every Roses fan’s wildest dreams were coming true. People tell you that you can’t recapture your youth, it won’t be the same. I don’t believe that. I’m going to make up for the nightmare of a lifetime at 17 years old, being sat in a flat having a bad trip when I could have been at Spike Island, being part of one of the most momentous things ever.”

A breakthrough success in England with their debut eponymous album, The Stone Roses went from playing small clubs in the mid-1980s to the celebrated Spike Island concert by the decade’s end, scoring hits with singles including I Wanna Be Adored, Fools Gold and She Bangs the Drums. After legal battles with their record label, and original band members leaving the line-up, The Stone Roses dissolved in 1996 after just two albums. In 2011 The Stone Roses announced they would be reuniting after a 15 year split to embark on a world tour, with tickets selling out in record time.

The Stone Roses: Made of Stone has been fully financed by Film4 and 4DVD, who previously partnered to fully-finance The Inbetweeners Movie, which became the second highest grossing British independent film of all time at the UK box office. The film continues Channel 4’s long-term collaboration with Shane and Warp Films following Film4-backed titles This is England and Dead Man’s Shoes, and Channel 4 series This is England ’86 and ’88. The production company is Warp Films with Mark Herbert producing.

Katherine Butler, Film4 Senior Commissioning Executive and Executive Producer on the film says: “It’s hard to think of a film that could be any more exciting – a combination of Shane’s wonderfully insightful directorial eye, the seminal genius of The Stone Roses, and our brilliant friends at Warp – what else is there to say? We’re thrilled.”

The film is currently in post-production, with Revolver Entertainment releasing the film in cinemas late spring/early summer. Altitude Film Sales are handling international sales on the film and hoping to secure international distribution at the forthcoming Berlin Film Festival.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

lol at the people posting about using the ignore feature...as if you aren't able to either not read something or not have it piss you off so much you just HAVE to respond to it...
    there's gonna be a really lame party at coachella this year where everyone who knows how to use the ignore feature on the message boards sits around and jerks each other off...its gonna be hot.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

Guarantee the word Zafocaine will be used at said lame party.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    If you have to explain why they are headlining, they aren't headline worthy.
    Well said!
    NullinVoid Inc. Android Developer Blog http://www.nullinvoidinc.com

So I listened to both albums again, this time Second Coming first to nullify any primacy/recency effects. Once again Second Coming struck me as superior and just more fun to listen to. I'll still enjoy their set, but if I buy any of their albums it will not be the first haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I just might lose my mind.
    CAN'T WAIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Dubai Feb 21 2013

Adored
    Mersey
    Sugar
    Sally
    Storey
    Angels
    Shoot
    Fool's
    Burning
    Waterfall
    Don't Stop
    Stone
    TITO
    Spreads
    Bangs
    Resurrection

old school

I know about a dozen people doing home made splatter shirts to wear on Friday. Tie-Dye paint kits bought at Michael's for $10 on a white shirt is the best way to go. Tutorials on youtube. Use a paint brush or eyedropper for the paint "throwing".

heh, my friend is planning on doing the same thing for my group. I guess a lot of us are going to be Jackson Pollock'd out for the show.

wow, great idea. Just bought a white Palm Springs logo'd tank top last weekend that may need a color splashing. Roses, Roses, Roses! ..."this is the daybreak and this is the love we make...".

P.S. I still can't believe they're playing.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    home made splatter shirts to wear on Friday
    Awesome, you've talked me into trying it too

I'm not gonna get Badman, am I? Ah well. Just nitpicking, idn't it?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

We were thinking of doing the same thing, but I just bought a pretty rad Stone Roses t- on ebay. Gonna be flying the colors Friday..actually BOTH Friday's this year mates.. It's gonna be a good run!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    heh, my friend is planning on doing the same thing for my group. I guess a lot of us are going to be Jackson Pollock'd out for the show.

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Honestly, I think Zafo should give the roses a shot. His expectations are so low that he can't possibly be disappointed in this set. I'm not a relativist by any stretch of the imagination, but from my own experience, your enjoyment of a set is relative to your expectation of it. I had really low expectations of Dre and Snoop which to my surprise, made for the most kick ass set i've been to.

Stone Roses ‎– SO YOUNG super RARE only 1200 copies pressed.

http://r.ebay.com/kHWb43

IMG_2833.jpg

This is the real deal.

The Stone Roses first release in 1985. This is the one... If you know what this is, then you know how rare it is.

Label: Thin Line ‎– THIN 001
    Format: Vinyl, 12" Country: UK
    Released: 19 Aug 1985
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Indie Rock

A. SO YOUNG
    B. TELL ME

CREDITS:

Vocals – Ian
    Lead Guitar - Johnny
    Rhythm Guitar – Andy
    Bass - Pete
    Drums, Backing Vocals – Reni

Producer – Martin Hannett
    WrittenBy – Squire/Brown
    Last edited by PTRCKTRNR; 03-27-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Saw the Roses in Los Angeles back in the 90's (their only LA show) I wish Reni would have been there.
    Coachella is going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by NullinVoid View Post
    Well said!
    Still holding out hope they close the outdoor!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby77 View Post
    The Stone Roses are on great form heading towards Coachella. Have a look at this video of I wanna be Adored live on the 23/02/2013 in Jakarta.

Also check out Reni drumming at the end!!!!

Sorry, Kirby.

All I hear is soccer-bros chanting. And all I see is a hobbit shaking a stick.

That was a good one, (sorta) but secretly you know you wish you could be up there "shaking a stick" in front of thousands of people, singing the lyrics you wrote for a living.....
    Quote Originally Posted by its_so_cold_in_tha_d View Post
    Sorry, Kirby.

All I hear is soccer-bros chanting. And all I see is a hobbit shaking a stick.

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Honestly, I think Zafo should give the roses a shot. His expectations are so low that he can't possibly be disappointed in this set. I'm not a relativist by any stretch of the imagination, but from my own experience, your enjoyment of a set is relative to your expectation of it. I had really low expectations of Dre and Snoop which to my surprise, made for the most kick ass set i've been to.
    But I'll be watching something more enjoyable at 7:30 when the Stone Roses take the stage. Something tells me this is going to be a Chemical Bros Friday where we see a second/ third liner close out the main stage after the Stone Roses get their nostalgia kicked in proper.

Quote Originally Posted by PTRCKTRNR View Post
    Stone Roses ‎– SO YOUNG super RARE only 1200 copies pressed.

http://r.ebay.com/kHWb43

IMG_2833.jpg

This is the real deal.

The Stone Roses first release in 1985. This is the one... If you know what this is, then you know how rare it is.

Label: Thin Line ‎– THIN 001
    Format: Vinyl, 12" Country: UK
    Released: 19 Aug 1985
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Indie Rock

A. SO YOUNG
    B. TELL ME

CREDITS:

Vocals – Ian
    Lead Guitar - Johnny
    Rhythm Guitar – Andy
    Bass - Pete
    Drums, Backing Vocals – Reni

Producer – Martin Hannett
    WrittenBy – Squire/Brown
    Any album coming out of the UK after 1969 is typical garbage. This is a well known fact. Dan Croll is the best thing to come out of the UK in at least 40 years. I say we cancel Stone Roses in light of recent lack of interest by North America, and move Dan Croll into their spot. Guaranteed better show FOR EVERYONE, and not just for the nostalgia hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I'm not gonna get Badman, am I? Ah well. Just nitpicking, idn't it?
    Keep hope alive, man. We've got bad intentions...
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Who thinks this is going to be the surprise show of the weekend that wins a lot of people over? I can see the Roses absolutely fucking killing it and making believers out of us Americans, finally after all these years. It's all about the music, the tunes, the energy, the passion. The crowd will be all over this set!

CAN.NOT.WAIT. Only a little over a week now everyone!

Do you think they'll play Elephant Stone? They never do it live...maybe I'm delusional, but this could be the show where they pull it out!

By the way, really loving the Peter Hook produced version of Elephant Stone, very similar to the 7" cut but with some added goodies! Love it!

Burst into heaven
    Kissing the cotton clouds
    Arctic sheets and fields of wheat
    I can't stop coming down!

But I'll be watching something more enjoyable at 7:30 when the Stone Roses take the stage. Something tells me this is going to be a Chemical Bros Friday where we see a second/ third liner close out the main stage after the Stone Roses get their nostalgia kicked in proper.
    I'm always down for a chem bros set but it aint gonna happen