Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

ZMOG no one can headline anything
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Sorry "bro" You just claim to be a dedicated Coachella fan (poser). I for one have gone every single year. You on the other hand have not. You will see how many Stone Roses fans there will be..thousands you jack ass! Just because you hate British people means nothing, but you claim to be such a Coachella representative. But you don't know shit about Goldenvoice or their history. If you did you probably wouldn't act like such an ignorant fool on here. You don't speak for the real Coachella fans who have been here since 99' So shut the fuck up with your troll obsession on this board. Who has anointed you as the Coachella know it all anyway? No one. Go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I'd be thankful in the same way if one of the million more eligible bands of the past forty years that I love were playing too. No one is saying they aren't a good band. They aren't a good band to everyone, including the majority of people who will be attending Coachella. What wrong reason could someone go to Coachella? Who the fuck are you to decide? Plenty of people I don't like will be at Coachella, including you, but I tend not to give a fuck, as we're all there for the same reasons, more or less. If anything, this Stone Roses shit has created a rift between the dedicate Coachella fans, and moronic Stone Roses fans. Have you ever considered that this festival is for festival/ music fans, and not just Stone Roses fans? I'm excited for dozens of acts on the lineup, not some stinking old act that couldn't cross the Atlantic at their peek. Sort of shit, if you ask anyone who doesn't care for their music (literally 99% of the world)
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    Sorry "bro" You just claim to be a dedicated Coachella fan (poser). I for one have gone every single year. You on the other hand have not. You will see how many Stone Roses fans there will be..thousands you jack ass! Just because you hate British people means nothing, but you claim to be such a Coachella representative. But you don't know shit about Goldenvoice or their history. If you did you probably wouldn't act like such an ignorant fool on here. You don't speak for the real Coachella fans who have been here since 99' So shut the fuck up with your troll obsession on this board. Who has anointed you as the Coachella know it all anyway? No one. Go home!
    Lol way to fit the stereotype stone roses fan

cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Lol way to fit the stereotype stone roses fan
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    It had nothing to do with fun, it was just a comment on how sometimes the music is of secondary importance to the status of being there or an individuals' perception of that status. A lot of the white girls I've seen only know the choruses, if any lyrics at all. It's turned into a badge.
    I'm not a lyrics guy. I don't even know complete chorus lyrics to a lot of songs. Does that lessen my 'status' as an attendee? What is the proper criteria for assessing other people's choices and lifestyle? Let's make a spreadsheet.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

Could you tell us your top 5 dream headliners? I'd like to judge you some more.
    Outkast/ Beck/ Bowie (the Bowie rumor this year had me more excited than any of the other rumored headliners)/ Santana and friends/ Pearl Jam (not a band I love, but more a nostalgia act for me, like RHCP)

That's trying to keep expectations semi-realistic. Zombie optional? What would yours be? Tally up.

Your attitude isn't very Coachella-like. Music should always be up for debate. The fact that you're attacking me personally, instead of showing people why the Stone Roses are so great, proves that you're more interested in throwing stones than you are the music, or the debate. That's alright. Time to disengage.

Post Scrote: Hate British people? It takes a lot to qualify for hate. An entire class of people would never earn that from me. I hold each person to a special standard individually. It sounds to me like you hate British people, envy them, or hate yourself for being one. Take it from this narcissistic lesbian: You have nothing to prove to people here. This is just a honing of thoughts. If you take it personally, I've already "won." Take it easy, ber.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 03-20-2013 at 11:25 PM.

You should talk. How would you know about "Coachella-like" anyway? You aren't debating you are hating, so you better believe I'm gonna attack you personally. You just cannot help yourself. Opinion is one thing, but being a total dick 1000 times on here is another. And go back and look at your posts about "Brit fans" or the English..You hate. And by the way I am a Californian who happens to love a lot of English music. Not all of it, but will admit to digging much of it from 60's Mod, and Classic Rock to 70's punk, to 80's New Wave, synth, and dark wave to 90's Manchester. England just so happens to produce great music. I don't care about their so called fucked up teeth, or hooligan mobs, fans, or whatever else. From the 60's till now they are still a huge influence in music history. I could name hundreds of legendary bands and artists from the UK, and from The US as well. So does it really matter what country everyone is from? Nah- It has been and still is a one of a kind music fest. Let's give credit and respect when it's deserved. GV knows exactly what they are doing. So just go and enjoy yourself instead of trying to start a war. You won't "win."
    Outkast/ Beck/ Bowie (the Bowie rumor this year had me more excited than any of the other rumored headliners)/ Santana and friends/ Pearl Jam (not a band I love, but more a nostalgia act for me, like RHCP)

That's trying to keep expectations semi-realistic. Zombie optional? What would yours be? Tally up.

Your attitude isn't very Coachella-like. Music should always be up for debate. The fact that you're attacking me personally, instead of showing people why the Stone Roses are so great, proves that you're more interested in throwing stones than you are the music, or the debate. That's alright. Time to disengage.

Post Scrote: Hate British people? It takes a lot to qualify for hate. An entire class of people would never earn that from me. I hold each person to a special standard individually. It sounds to me like you hate British people, envy them, or hate yourself for being one. Take it from this narcissistic lesbian: You have nothing to prove to people here. This is just a honing of thoughts. If you take it personally, I've already "won." Take it easy, ber.

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Would you like to win? I can give this to you, if you prefer. You've done nothing but post links to the same songs repeatedly, and make personal attacks on people who are bored with this uninteresting music. You win. Now go take your blood pressure medication so I don't have to worry about you having a heart attack and blaming me for somehow making it happen. Go on.

i do love the stone roses but i don't think that they are festival headliner material in north america.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

most likely won't watch it, but there's a new Roses Third Coming doc out this summer: http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/69318
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Don't need to "win" Just need you to cease to exist. Just because you been to a few Coachella's and you were in diapers when the Stone Roses came out doesn't mean any of your negative bullshit you spew on here means anything. and it's just not on this post either..you act like an all-knowing self righteous cunt on many other threads too. You are not liked, and seem to love to talk shit about just about anything just because you enjoy it. You don't love music, you just love talking shit. Also know as a "troll". So well done, you are the official king troll of the message board. Bet you feel proud now.
    Would you like to win? I can give this to you, if you prefer. You've done nothing but post links to the same songs repeatedly, and make personal attacks on people who are bored with this uninteresting music. You win. Now go take your blood pressure medication so I don't have to worry about you having a heart attack and blaming me for somehow making it happen. Go on.

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

And you're the guy that's feeding the troll's ego and keeping him coming back for more. Stop engaging with him, it only invites more of his bullshit.

Someone post a Sally Cinnamon youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Don't need to "win" Just need you to cease to exist. Just because you been to a few Coachella's and you were in diapers when the Stone Roses came out doesn't mean any of your negative bullshit you spew on here means anything. and it's just not on this post either..you act like an all-knowing self righteous cunt on many other threads too. You are not liked, and seem to love to talk shit about just about anything just because you enjoy it. You don't love music, you just love talking shit. Also know as a "troll". So well done, you are the official king troll of the message board. Bet you feel proud now.
    lol at this thread and the guy with all bold posts calling others self righteous. just let it go brah! we get it.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

I refuse to read posts in all bold letters. I always stop reading into the first sentence. Kinda similar to how I immediately stop paying mind to 'that guy' in the free-speech area of college campuses who hates Jews, gays, Muslims, and anyone who is not white and Christian, but really just wants to attract more attention.

FOCK YOUhhahahaha hahaa

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Someone post a Sally Cinnamon youtube.
    Done

I'm backing SPX in this argument. The rest of you can go sit on a porcupine and get your first action in months.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    I'm backing SPX in this argument. The rest of you can go sit on a porcupine and get your first action in months.
    nobody will take you seriously if your post isn't in bold...

I have to admit I did laugh at Zafo's heart attack comment.

I'd be thankful in the same way if one of the million more eligible bands of the past forty years that I love were playing too. No one is saying they aren't a good band. They aren't a good band to everyone, including the majority of people who will be attending Coachella. What wrong reason could someone go to Coachella? Who the fuck are you to decide? Plenty of people I don't like will be at Coachella, including you, but I tend not to give a fuck, as we're all there for the same reasons, more or less. If anything, this Stone Roses shit has created a rift between the dedicate Coachella fans, and moronic Stone Roses fans. Have you ever considered that this festival is for festival/ music fans, and not just Stone Roses fans? I'm excited for dozens of acts on the lineup, not some stinking old act that couldn't cross the Atlantic at their peek. Sort of shit, if you ask anyone who doesn't care for their music (literally 99% of the world)

Haha I can guarentee that no one bought coachella tickets to see the stone roses soo I doubt coachella will be full of hardcore stone roses/ blur fans.... and what wrong reasons?? your kidding right? how many edm people went to just stay in the sahara tent? and how many just stayed at the mainstage all day, coachella is ment to experience music in a deeper level... discovering bands and falling more in love with the bands you already loved... and you say the stone roses have created a rift?? your dumber than i imagined... the past rap and edm headliners started the rift, now coachella will go back to being what it originally was.

I did. I'm not one of those who blindly buys tickets every year regardless of the lineup. I've been five times and each time was based off a specific group or groups I've wanted to see. Stone Roses are a dream come true for me.

I've blindly bought tickets to coachella, even if they came out with a lineup that i knew only one band i would still go, discovering music is what its all about. Honestly i didnt know the stone roses that well until the lineup was released. And I would love to see them, since it probably be the only time i ever see them

yeah, out of the 12 years i've been, the best ones were when I wasn't excited about the headliners. if you are running back and forth between stages having a panic attack because you think you are missing something, you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    if you are running back and forth between stages having a panic attack because you think you are missing something, you are doing it wrong.
    This is what I did last year (first year), and he's right.. It's the biggest mistake i made. It's betters to see 8-12 full acts then 15-20 half sets. That is the mentality i'm going in with this year.. not going to try and see as many people as I can but suck it up on some of the shitty conflicts and miss someone i'm dying to see and hope to catch them another time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

if you are running back and forth between stages having a panic attack because you think you are missing something, you are doing it wrong.
    I do run back and forth between stages, but I don't panic or think I'm missing stuff.

I don't mind catching partial sets, anything from missing 1-2 songs to only watching 1-2. I sampled around 60 acts last year and I would have regretted it otherwise. It's not like I need to hear every song from most sets. If I want to hear a particular song I use setlist.fm to gauge when it will popup in their set.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    It's betters to see 8-12 full acts then 15-20 half sets. That is the mentality i'm going in with this year.
    I'm not even saying this. I actually rarely see a full set anymore. The best thing you can do is pick 3 or 4 must see sets a day and then just wander...thats the heart of coachella. wandering around and seeing shit you didn't plan on or expect to. You can go see your favorite bands at your local venue in your hometown when they tour. Coachella is for wandering and is so much more than its parts. Just let go and let coachella...
    Last edited by themule; 03-21-2013 at 10:45 PM.

I'm actually an Anti-troll. If you don't know what you are by now, I can give you a hint.

You need me to cease existing. I still exist. I win.

Me having to a few Coachella's, being a near local, and having been in diapers when the Stone Roses failed to cross the Atlantic would be exactly why I am the official voice of Coachella. Are you so dimwitted? I have a feeling you didn't go to every Coachella. People who've been to them all tend to NOT use that against people as an argument.

I find it interested that I'm the troll merely for having a difference of opinion. If I didn't respect Coachella, the people organizing the event, and the real fans, I wouldn't be here spewing text wasting my valuable time. Think about it, kids. I can watch their show without hurling on my shoes, but I would feel the same way I do when I'm waiting for my dinner at a restaurant. Bored. Looking at my cell phone. Whoa.

I'm not even saying this. I actually rarely see a full set anymore. The best thing you can do is pick 3 or 4 must see sets a day and then just wander...thats the heart of coachella. wandering around and seeing shit you didn't plan on or expect to. You can go see your favorite bands at your local venue in your hometown when they tour. Coachella is for wandering and is so much more than its parts. Just let go and let coachella...
    The Strokes were one of my favorite acts a couple years ago, and I still left to go watch PJ Harvey before they played "Last Night" (which I still got to hear them play as I waited for PJ to take the stage). I say, learn your own style. Last year was my friend's first year. I have a feeling he had wanted to do a lot more hanging out at stages, but that's not me. This year I think he'll have a better idea of how it all works.

haha. as much as people try to ignore you, they can't. funny shit. keep up the good work