Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

old school

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    If you understood music history at all you would understand, but you don't and that's ok. You can stay in your newschool edm disco bubble all ya want. But Goldenvoice knows!
    The crowd sizes for both Nick Cave and SR have me genuinely concerned for similar bookings in the future. Only 4%(myself included) of the entire crowd on the festival grounds cared, which is grossly out of proportion to their billing and likely performance fee(s).

GV or AEG will have thorough promoter disccusions on what went "right"/"wrong" with those bookings. I'm VERY curious what Tollett says about the SR when he does his post festival(or hyping the pre-sale?) interview with the newspaper in LA or Palm Springs and the topic is unavoidable.

A month later, no one cares about how many people showed up to the Stone Roses other than the half a dozen people in this thread still talking in circles around each other. The press conference will be all about whatever is new and novel for 2014, and "did you guys get Daft Punk?"
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

bbc news - Stone Roses at Made Of Stone Premier

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22725431

Manchester Evening News Review

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....tone---4029644
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Stone Roses suck and someone in GV had a hard on for them and that's why they got em...

I liked the Toy Dolls, but at least I fucking know that it's only me and few hundred others in the world. I wouldn't be so fucking dumb as to put them as a headliner.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Stone Roses suck and someone in GV had a hard on for them and that's why they got em...

I liked the Toy Dolls, but at least I fucking know that it's only me and few hundred others in the world. I wouldn't be so fucking dumb as to put them as a headliner.
    Living up to your own signature here, Baily.

That the Roses are unknown to most younger listeners here in the States has been clearly established...but there Reunion shows are selling out huge Venues overseas, and their debut album was voted one of top 5 UK albums of all time in a UK based fan poll.

They've got more than a few hundred fans worldwide.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

again.

arguing with baily.

take a good long look at yourself and analyze why you would do something so pointless.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Baily - no one gives a shit who you like. ok twat? Now fuck off and go to another festival. One that you won't cry so hard about....mmm k?
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post

The comparison is way off, but i sure would love to see the Toy Dolls at a future Coachella.

old school

With the start of the Euro 2013 last night they gave their setlist a nice shuffle.

Going Down(fist since 1996), Breaking into Heaven(first since 1996) and Elephant Stone(first since 1990)

A shiny new nickel to anyone that can rattle off all the similarities between shitpile A:

and Shitpile B:

they're both cover bands

shitpile B's drummer aint half bad

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    shitpile B's drummer aint half bad

"A shiny new nickle" to the first person to bitch slap "mr. hand"

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

The 'Roses are in Glasgow on Saturday supported by Primal Scream, Jake Bugg and The View.
    They'll reprise the gig in the tent in 1990 that Mani described as their best ever.
    60,000 tickets sold - many have waited 12 months since missing out on the Manchester gigs ... and shitting it in case they split up again in the interim.
    For age 40 something britons, they represent the start of the 90's and a bright new post teenage, and importantly thatcherless dawn.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

The rolling Stone Roses. I saw them at Coachella this year. Between all the white kids from Diamond Bar who watch more BBC than BBC, and the youngsters jacking heroin straight into their temples to counteract MDMA overdoses while looking for the most mellow stage to take a near dirt nap in, there were hardly any people there.

I can see the relevance in this band, clearly! Why didn't they stick them on the outdoor around 12:30 in the afternoon? It seemed like they were too tired for that late night spot on the main stage. These older bands aren't the rock stars they used to be (unless you count every old rock star from Paul McCartney, to Neil Young, to Robert Smith and beyond.), so you may have to put them on at earlier times to accommodate their physical inabilities/ lackluster performances/ funeral home of a crowd. Three sexy points to every person who left the Stone Roses to go see Trent Reznor for a quick second before calling it a night. Bassnectar Alternative Ending accepted. Earl Sweatshirt Alternative Ending for a deduction of ten full sexy points.

Would anyone agree that posting in this thread 3 ½ months after their performance is a characteristic of larger issues?

Summmary: a couple hundred fans of this band had the opportunity to see them perform on the polo fields at the expense of other music fans who feel shortchanged of a true headliner.

In retrospect, who really gives a fuck?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    The rolling Stone Roses. I saw them at Coachella this year. Between all the white kids from Diamond Bar who watch more BBC than BBC, and the youngsters jacking heroin straight into their temples to counteract MDMA overdoses while looking for the most mellow stage to take a near dirt nap in, there were hardly any people there.

I can see the relevance in this band, clearly! Why didn't they stick them on the outdoor around 12:30 in the afternoon? It seemed like they were too tired for that late night spot on the main stage. These older bands aren't the rock stars they used to be (unless you count every old rock star from Paul McCartney, to Neil Young, to Robert Smith and beyond.), so you may have to put them on at earlier times to accommodate their physical inabilities/ lackluster performances/ funeral home of a crowd. Three sexy points to every person who left the Stone Roses to go see Trent Reznor for a quick second before calling it a night. Bassnectar Alternative Ending accepted. Earl Sweatshirt Alternative Ending for a deduction of ten full sexy points.
    Uh yeah, go see a shitty (in fact, fucking awful) side project from Trent Reznor involving his incredibly untalented wife, or some bullshit dubstep in a tent packed full with more sweaty bros than an Ed Hardy sponsored orgy. I will take seeing the Stone Roses over those choices every damn day of my life. If you can't appreciate them or see why they headlined, then that's your loss....and given the size of the crowd, A LOT of people lost.

I think it's a dupe poster, like Handjob (pretty sure that dupe is Potfickle), stirring the pot yet again for the scorn is endless. Haven't listened much to Stone Roses since the momentous event in April, but certain they were better than whatever drones whatever their current name is droning on about. Holy Grail weed.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Would anyone agree that posting in this thread 3 ½ months after their performance is a characteristic of larger issues?

Summmary: a couple hundred fans of this band had the opportunity to see them perform on the polo fields at the expense of other music fans who feel shortchanged of a true headliner.

In retrospect, who really gives a fuck?
    Your defeatist mentality is such a let down. The only reason I posted here is because I saw it on the "recent posts" page, and I was there to see the band at Coachella. If you were at the show, then you have to admit that you could have been somewhere better. HTDA was a joke, as menikmati mentioned, as were the Stone Roses, and Earl Sweatshirt. It was an awesome weekend, but Friday was the low end, thanks (in part?) to THE STONE ROSES--- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Uh yeah, go see a shitty (in fact, fucking awful) side project from Trent Reznor involving his incredibly untalented wife, or some bullshit dubstep in a tent packed full with more sweaty bros than an Ed Hardy sponsored orgy. I will take seeing the Stone Roses over those choices every damn day of my life. If you can't appreciate them or see why they headlined, then that's your loss....and given the size of the crowd, A LOT of people lost.
    We're on the same page, I'd say. I walked through the small crowd for HTDA, just to say I saw Trent, pretty much, and kept on walking to see what the Sahara was doing. Not sure I would call it a total loss. There was always Saturday =)

This thread.

I just watched their documentary "Made of Stone" and it was pretty great. They were never a band that I ever paid attention to that much and unfortunately, I did miss at Coachella for HDTA (which I loved). Never realized how great their drummer is. Hopefully they'll roll through the states at some point again for a club tour.

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Yeah, that was over 2 years ago.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I like the Stone Roses, was looking forward to their set, and sat through most of it. But are they headliners? No &*%$ way! Should have been in one of the tents like the London Suede was a few years ago. I think Lou Reed canceling out caused this disaster.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Blur should have been headliner both weeks last year. They were a top 3 show on weekend 2 when I saw them.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    I like the Stone Roses, was looking forward to their set, and sat through most of it. But are they headliners? No &*%$ way! Should have been in one of the tents like the London Suede was a few years ago. I think Lou Reed canceling out caused this disaster.
    why would lou reed have anything to do with the stone roses headlining you fucking idiot.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You don't remember Lou Reed's name topping the poster last year? WHO IS THE IDIOT NOW?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    The comparison is way off, but i sure would love to see the Toy Dolls at a future Coachella.
    Uhhh... ivankay, please send me via PM some Powerball numbers that you sure would love to see come up Wednesday.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    why would lou reed have anything to do with the stone roses headlining you fucking idiot.
    Obviously you have poop for brains. Thanks for the valuable feedback!
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    Obviously you have poop for brains. Thanks for the valuable feedback!
    I don't get it... are you attempting to troll or are you just really fucking stupid? If you're trolling, it's not very funny and if you're serious, you lack the metal capacity to post here any longer.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella