Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

Default Re: THE STONE ROSES --- This is why they're fucking headlining.

zaffocain shut the fuck up you wining twat of a troll! All this bullshit about $250 tickets is all BS. Those are scams, people offering fake tickets online scamming people to send a check, and then they promise to overnight it to you. The same exact shit was happening the year of Jay Z and basically every year about this time, at least for the last 5 years. So this "ticket dump" is a stupid lie that you want so hard to believe. You are trying to make it seem like nobody is showing up at this years show. How wrong you will be. News to you- people who can't go, or scalpers who got greedy do this every year! It's nothing new. Now "no offence" to you, but just stay over in your little disco tent with all the newbies and wanna be ravers dressed up like some fucking christmas tree on acid. Have fun- and fuck off kook.

Lol I can't wait when the roses Realize only a handful of people sing along. Coachella history is about to happen.

^ just another coachella newbie nerd. "lol" fucking dorko

I've been waiting since 1989 to see The Stone Roses. It's going to be one of the most magical sets from any band ever at Coachella. Cannot wait to sing every word with my fellow Roses fans. It's our moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalen View Post
    I've been waiting since 1989 to see The Stone Roses. It's going to be one of the most magical sets from any band ever at Coachella. Cannot wait to sing every word with my fellow Roses fans. It's our moment.
    Please don't, I'd like to hear Ian Brown sing at least a few of them :P.

I was looking forward to seeing what The Stone Roses were all about in a live setting, now with HTDA on at Midnight opposite them, it just isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Please don't, I'd like to hear Ian Brown sing at least a few of them :P.
    Stand a few feet back from me, you'll be fine ;-)

Agreed man..agreed! So stoked on this!! No disco nerds or trolls are gonna fuck this up. It's pure class from here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    Agreed man..agreed! So stoked on this!! No disco nerds or trolls are gonna fuck this up. It's pure class from here on out!
    yea this set is going to kill it for us fans, who cares what the trolls say. trolls gunna troll.

you know i dont care for the RHCPs anymore/ you know how many times i have posted in that thread?...0...because there are other bands to enjoy. Just stop feeding the troll.
    Last edited by fibes; 04-10-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    The less people at my Coachella the better. More real fans, less tools, more fun.
    This. They're playing their only US dates at Coachella. Can't wait for their set!!!

Why would Stone Roses fans care about Trent Reznor's dumb attempt at proving his wife is talented?

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Lurker

Great Post,
    This is my second year going and this band is a bit out of my musical norm but I'm sure they are headlining for a good reason, I'm definitely going to be checking them out for a bit before heading out to How to Destroy Angels. I noticed some one posted about SHM Don't get me wrong I love them saw their final show here in LA but everyone has different taste in music I'm sure there were people who were asking them selves why SHM was headling last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mlant View Post
    One of the greatest bands of all time, who have blessed us with a reformation. There are many of us who see this as the pinnacle of the entire weekend, however there are just as many who have never even heard of this band who say, "Who the FUCK are The Stone Roses and why are they headlining?"
    I imagine this as a brief introduction to the uninitiated. Feel free to delve into their history, far too brief, perhaps that's why this is such a big deal, not many people ever really saw them. Then peak at who they've influenced and been influenced by, some of the greats, but really it's all about the tunes! That's why they're headlining.

If you'd like to get into them, I suggest getting their first album, 1989's eponymous The Stone Roses. (You can listen to the full US Version with that link)
    Put on a nice pair of headphones, light one up, pour your favorite drink, or just grab some friends and DANCE, but enjoy the ride. A Masterpiece.
    They were also a B-Side band, so make sure to check those out, I like Turns Into Stone.
    Their second and final album, Second Coming, is a change of direction and wasn't well received at the time, the bar was set so high, but there is much to like here, some big anthems and lots of groove.

Their first single from 1987:
    Sally Cinnamon (single mix)

"When I heard Sally Cinnamon for the first time, I knew what my destiny was." Noel Gallagher

She Bangs The Drums
    Maybe their biggest hit, still sounds so huge and fresh today.

Mersey Paradise
    B-Side of She Bangs the Drums, sung from the perspective of a man who drowns and murders a woman over unrequited love. Exquisite guitar work from John Squire, who also painted all cover art for albums and singles.

Elephant Stone 7" Version
    This is a non-album single which is included as track 3 on the US album. Euphoria in song form.

Ten Storey Love Song
    Off Second Coming, proper sing-a-long in the desert anthem. For all of us who've ever had our heartbroken, and tried to put the pieces back together, you'll enjoy this one.

I Am The Resurrection
    There are many ways to end an album, few can match this. (Fool's Gold 12" Version ends the US album) According to Mani, the bassist, the outro was recorded in a single take...incredible.

I'd like to offer a firm handshake to Goldenvoice for making this dream of mine come true.
    Madchester is coming to Indio!
    I can't wait for April! Who's with me??
    And to those who had never heard of the Stone Roses and have recently given them a listen because of curiosity or their headlining status, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    This. They're playing their only US dates at Coachella. Can't wait for their set!!!
    THIS!!!!

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    zaffocain shut the fuck up you wining twat of a troll! All this bullshit about $250 tickets is all BS. Those are scams, people offering fake tickets online scamming people to send a check, and then they promise to overnight it to you. The same exact shit was happening the year of Jay Z and basically every year about this time, at least for the last 5 years. So this "ticket dump" is a stupid lie that you want so hard to believe. You are trying to make it seem like nobody is showing up at this years show. How wrong you will be. News to you- people who can't go, or scalpers who got greedy do this every year! It's nothing new. Now "no offence" to you, but just stay over in your little disco tent with all the newbies and wanna be ravers dressed up like some fucking christmas tree on acid. Have fun- and fuck off kook.
    Are you really this stupid? I bought a ticket under face value, kid. News flash: It's a good wristband. You don't understand how many people bought tickets expecting there to be a great demand for tickets. True that the ticket price plummets every year the week before the show, but also true that the ticket prices stay at $700+ EACH until the week of the show, which they didn't this year. I'm not sure why you can't have your cake without being a big bitch about it. I'm actually being quite considerate by even responding to you. You apparently haven't checked set times yet. Stone Roses will be the biggest upset of a headliner in the history of Coachella. That's a fact you're going to be a part of, in just two more days. It seems as if you're attacking Coachella, and Coachella fans, instead of directing your anger at me. Why is that? Why do you hate Coachella and the people who attend it so much if you talk about going there every year? If you read my posts in other threads, or if you could read without someone standing over your shoulder explaining the points, then perhaps you would know better what you're saying about me. I expect there will be a near capacity draw this weekend. Tickets became cheap enough so that everyone who wants to go can go. Sure, plenty of scalpers, and people with other plans, took a bath, but that has nothing to do with the headliners (inserteyerollhere). I've been over this countless times in other threads. Why don't you try looking around the message board? It's a much bigger place than the Stone Roses Crybaby Forever thread.

RHCP have proven in the past that they can headline Coachella. We'll see this weekend if they can keep that status, and if the Stone Roses can make themselves the legends their fans believe them to be. I personally can't wait, either way. If they bomb, I'm right. If they don't bomb, everyone had a great time. Should be a good weekend.

They got good airplay on the Edge (featuring 3 of the original 5 MTV VJ's) back in 89-90 but I never got totally into them, perhaps in part to my embarking on a marriage I shouldn't have. Now I've had a chance to reacquaint myself, holy shit these guys are good. Lots of late 60's Brit-pop hooks. Sad that they never totally carried on with a productive career.

Still trying figure out if the Charlie character in Lost was based on these guys or Oasis. Little bit of both I suspect.

The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    They got good airplay on the Edge (featuring 3 of the original 5 MTV VJ's) back in 89-90 but I never got totally into them, perhaps in part to my embarking on a marriage I shouldn't have. Now I've had a chance to reacquaint myself, holy shit these guys are good. Lots of late 60's Brit-pop hooks. Sad that they never totally carried on with a productive career.

Still trying figure out if the Charlie character in Lost was based on these guys or Oasis. Little bit of both I suspect.
    Oasis. The Stone Roses 2013 characters are based on Oasis as well. Without Oasis, The Stone Roses never would have made it to Coachella. They seriously owe their entire post-mortum career to Oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Without Oasis, The Stone Roses never would have made it to Coachella.
    hey everyone, Zafocaine could very well be the dumbest boarder of all time. well done Zafocaine!

please show up for their set and let it be known that it's you. i'll gladly piss in your face!

We'll see this weekend if they can keep that status, and if the Stone Roses can make themselves the legends their fans believe them to be. I personally can't wait, either way. If they bomb, I'm right. If they don't bomb, everyone had a great time. Should be a good weekend.
    uh, no. if they don't bomb you look like an ever bigger laughable tool than you already do, which would be quite an achievement.

hey everyone, Zafocaine could very well be the dumbest boarder of all time. well done Zafocaine!

please show up for their set and let it be known that it's you. i'll gladly piss in your face!
    The album clearly states, "Intended for fish only." I rest my case.

Oasis. The Stone Roses 2013 characters are based on Oasis as well. Without Oasis, The Stone Roses never would have made it to Coachella. They seriously owe their entire post-mortum career to Oasis.
    Zafocaine you are such a tool, Oasis based themselves on The Stone Roses in the beginning!!!! There would not have been no Oasis if threre was no Stone Roses. Oasis started off by covering Stone Roses songs at small pub gigs around Manchester.

liam gallagher

You know if you hate Zafocaines post so much you can ignore them and you never have to see them again. Or just not respond to him because talking to him is about as useful as guedita's tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

okay, time to do the rear so it can dry in time. *Lights ciggie, channels Pollock*. Or maybe Squire is available to finish it (anyone got his number?).
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Are you kidding? Oasis was the first. I'm not sure whether The Stone Roses used time travel, or inter-dimensional telepathy to steal their whole thing, but Oasis is the genuine article, M8S. True dizzle, doggies.

today is the fucking day yeah! The Stone Roses return to the states to finally deliver the goods. it's going to be magical. have fun everyone!

YES!!! We are having a preparty now, and gonna get going by 2. Cheers everyone! Have a great one!
    today is the fucking day yeah! The Stone Roses return to the states to finally deliver the goods. it's going to be magical. have fun everyone!
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

There are maybe 3000 people watching the Stone Roses on the main stage right now. They are killing it, but Ian Brown seems fucking pissed or annoyed or something.

Big Shocker. The fact that tons of people have to justify why they should be a headliner is all you need to know.
    Last edited by Jakedeez; 04-12-2013 at 11:55 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/1000000Stro...ownOutIanBrown
    1,000,000 strong to drown out Ian Brown
    Join the movement.
    They're better when you sing louder than he does.
    Last edited by adamn; 04-13-2013 at 01:20 AM.

fuck what people say about their relevance or significance. you love them, enjoy the show. dont get tangled in superficial bullshit. enjoy what you love. that brings me the most pleasure