Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bat For Lashes!!

Thumbs up Bat For Lashes!!

So this is finally happening. Would be perfect from 6-7pm with a few grams of shrooms.

A couple clips from Bestival last year:

And because it's somewhat topical, here's some fun from Joshua Tree back in the day.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

Default Re: Bat For Lashes!!

On a day with an unbelievably high amount of conflicts, Bat for Lashes is going to be top priority for me.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

been waiting to see her
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

very excited

LAAAAAAAAAUUURA, YOOUUU'RE MORE THAN A SUPERSTAR

Long overdue. Must see (even with the conflicts).
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    On a day with an unbelievably high amount of conflicts, Bat for Lashes is going to be top priority for me.
    Same. I'll be there regardless of conflicts. Well, Sigur Ros vs Bat for Lashes would make me shoot myself.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

She is probably #2 on my must see list on Saturday behind New Order
    So no conflict plz

Goddamn it. Saturday is ridiculous. I want to see BFL so freaking bad. I could listen to her sing Laura all fucking day and be happy. I guess I'll just have to hope against hope that they don't conflict with Sigur Ros or Postal Service. I could live with anything else (though, I'd be pretty bummed to have to miss Hawtin, Puscifer, or Moby, none of whom I've seen live). Any chance they'd get a sunset set or after dark set? Sigur Ros and the XX both played sunset sets their last time at Coachella, so maybe they'll play later this time. In which case BFL would seem pretty perfect for sunset on the Outdoor stage (or am I crazy?).
    Last edited by Ray del Mundo; 02-12-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

Outdoor would be nice if she played as the sun started to go down, but I would guess Gobi or Mojave. I don't care so much where she plays, just when.

One morning I listened to "Laura" twenty times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    Goddamn it. Saturday is ridiculous. I want to see BFL so freaking bad. I could listen to her sing Laura all fucking day and be happy. I guess I'll just have to hope against hope that they don't conflict with Sigur Ros or Postal Service. I could live with anything else (though, I'd be pretty bummed to have to miss Hawtin, Puscifer, or Moby, none of whom I've seen live). Any chance they'd get a sunset set or after dark set? Sigur Ros and the XX both played sunset sets their last time at Coachella, so maybe they'll play later this time. In which case BFL would seem pretty perfect for sunset on the Outdoor stage (or any I crazy?).
    I'm rooting for a day set just because of the conflicts. Florence & The Machine played Mojave around 4pm in 2010. I think that's within reason for BFL.

I need another band I want to see playing at night like a hole in the head - New Order, Spiritualized, Sigur Ros, Hawtin, Hot Chip, the XX is how I have them ranked right now. Also really want to see Savages, Selecter, Birdy Nam Nam and the Violent Femmes but that all should be during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

They just had here on XMU sessions and she was great. The acoustic version of "AllYour Gold" was really good.
    I just want to have something to do...

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Everyones a Photographer.

Saw her at the Bowery Ballroom back in 2007 I think it was. Right after she'd been nominated for the Mercury Music Prize. I'd never heard about her before and a mate had a spare so I said I'd tag along. It was one of the best gigs I'd ever been to and still is. She can fucking sing. Once she sang 'Prescilla' I was hooked. I will not be missing this for anything.
    Last edited by Mozza; 03-13-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Awesome. I wish I had seen her back in 2007.

Purchased my ticket yesterday for the show at the Fonda. Still looking into catching the Big Sur show, as well.

Awesome. I wish I had seen her back in 2007.

Purchased my ticket yesterday for the show at the Fonda. Still looking into catching the Big Sur show, as well.

Boourns, thank you for these! That Baeble version of All Your Gold just blew me the fuck away. And a Boss cover . . . well, damn.

Not to sound over dramatic, but, at this point, I'd pay the price of Coachella admission just to see her. I have the absolute biggest crush on BfL. Seriously. At this point, if she conflicts with even Sigur Ros and Postal Service (two of my very most anticipated acts of the fest), I'll be watching BfL and will have zero regrets.
    Darkside (1/25)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

Just bought mine too! Couldn't resist the appeal of seeing a full set, even though I'll likely still be recovering from weekend 2.
    Darkside (1/25)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

By the way, her Weekend 2 set was amazing. Gonna scalp a ticket for tomorrow's show.

Quote Originally Posted by nikehair View Post
    By the way, her Weekend 2 set was amazing. Gonna scalp a ticket for tomorrow's show.
    Yup, she was flat out amazing, weekend 2. My set of the weekend, even beating out a truly amazing Sigur Ros set. I'll be seeing her set tonight in Hollywood. I'm not sure I've seen anything more beautiful than her live rendition of Laura. I was totally floored.
    Darkside (1/25)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

Yeah, that weekend 1 set was incredible, my favorite of the fest.

Wish I could have afforded to stick around LA for another week to catch tonight's show. Who knows when she'll come around again

I caught wnkd 1 and her version of Laura was so fucking beautiful it brought out a tear...

I was also caught in the moment holding my son with my wife(Laura)

You can also tell that song means a lot to Natasha as she performed it with so much emotion
    Only wish this would have been a sunset act
    Papi Piratón!

Yeah, I had the best of times going nuts and tripping during the rest of her set but was completely overwhelmed emotionally during "Laura". I just wish she had been scheduled between two other acts because she deserved a better crowd than the collection of teenage subhumans that shoved in for 2 Chainz and stayed for Major Lazer.
    Last edited by Boourns; 04-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Yeah, that weekend 1 set was incredible, my favorite of the fest.

Wish I could have afforded to stick around LA for another week to catch tonight's show. Who knows when she'll come around again
    Man, you should have stuck around for the show at the Fonda last night. Just . . . wow. She is simply amazing. Her rendition of Laura weekend 2 was one of my very top concert moments of all time. Brought actual tears to my eyes for first time ever at a concert. And then last night, my friend was balling her ass of during Laura. Natasha was just amazing again from first note to last. She should be a goddamn star.
    Darkside (1/25)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

"The Haunted Man" live gave me CHILLS.

So glad I bought that ticket.

After her set I went to her signing and she signed my Daniel single http://i.imgur.com/YcEHGz5.jpg and the Laura single too. She was so incredibly nice and hugged everyone who came up and I was so nervous. Even more of a fan now.