Thread: Saturday Night Strategy Thread ( Conflicts galore )

Lurker

Cool Saturday Night Strategy Thread ( Conflicts galore )

So last year I almost felt the lineup was too stacked, especially Saturday night with alot of coincidentally my favorite bands playing and im sure a couple other peoples as well. Now I am all for seeing the first half of one set, then seeing the last half of another set, but sometimes I just cant leave because I am enjoying myself too much. With acts like Mangum, SBTRKT, Fly Lo, GYBE!, Miike Snow, Bon Iver, into Radiohead it was alot of running around and afterwards I wish I had planned my strategy better...

Then there's this years Saturday bill, which is just fucking insanely stacked. Basically the top 4 lines are some of the bands I saw my first Coachella in 2010 or have seen elsewhere that I have been waiting to see on the Polo Fields since. I am even happy with Phoenix headlining because I dont know if I could handle a Daft Punk or Outkast or Deadmau5 (bands I kinda/sorta wished woulda at least performed if not headlined.) Phoenix was great in 2010 though with their light guy not being able to make it because of the volcano, and I think they can definitely handle closing. Usually I tend to try and see bands that I know are going to be harder to see in concert any other time, like a Godspeed or something kinda takes priority over anything else. But it still is hard to justify missing other acts that you genuinely want to see!

So please, discuss what you plan on doing that night in regards to who you are actually going to see, for how long, and justify missing what might be on at the same time. What strategy's do you use to get the most outta each set without spending too much time walking around between stages (although admittedly sometimes that's my favorite part). Everyone better get their rest after Dog Blood or Bassnectar or whoever you see on Friday night!!

Default Re: Saturday Night Strategy Thread ( Conflicts galore )

Well, we have to wait until the set times come out in April, don't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

She shoots! She scores!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

old school

Wish they'd bumps some acts to Sunday. I"m fairly packed the first 2 days but will have and seen others also state that Sunday is a bit thin.

Lurker

Yeah much more thin than last years Sunday. And no we don't need to wait till set times... Conflicts will be inevitable, j less they add more stages this year. This isn't a specific conflict discussion, open your mind and re read my post before shooting it down as uneccesary to you