Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who's the best Gutarist in the 2013 lineup?

Default Re: Who's the best Gutarist in the 2013 lineup?

Um, see the thing is... FLEA PLAYS BASS. Sure, he probably can play the guitar too (he's a mean trumpet player too, FYI) but he's not likely to play either at Coachella SINCE HE'LL BE BUSY PLAYING BASS.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    Um, see the thing is... FLEA PLAYS BASS. Sure, he probably can play the guitar too (he's a mean trumpet player too, FYI) but he's not likely to play either at Coachella SINCE HE'LL BE BUSY PLAYING BASS.
    YESSS!!!

ZAF! I'll believe you when you post a video of flea playing the guitar, not a bass.
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

1. Flea plays a bass guitar.
    2. I never indicated that Flea would be playing anything but a bass guitar at Coachella.
    3. Four strings, six strings, seven/ eight/ twelve strings. It's still a guitar. If members of Korn like to play seven string guitars, you don't kick them off a poll because you're a fucking snob who doesn't know a damn thing about instruments. You kick them off the poll because they haven't made a relevant sound in over a decade.

Why don't you guys pick up these instruments instead of trying to discuss what you clearly know jack shit about?

Well, I guess you really told us. Nice job!
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Well, I guess you really told us. Nice job!
    Should I not explain from now on? Just call you all salty morons, and tell you that you will never behold the true secrets of life? I'm sure they know the basic differences and similarities between the instruments, but to say something that is called a bass guitar is not a guitar? That's slipping on your own banana peel in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Should I not explain from now on?.
    You're onto something here. Keep going on this line of thought.
    Darkside| Spiritualized| Spiritualized| Pixies| Lord Huron| This Will Destroy You| Tool| Kraftwerk| The National| Neil Young| Coachella| Mogwai| Black Sabbath| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Failure/Puscifer/A Perfect Circle| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| NIN/Soundgarden| Fleetwood Mac

wow you continue to outdo yourself at being one of the biggest morons who posts here. Notice thread title "guitarist" not "bassist"
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Foster the People - April 8 @ Pomona

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    wow you continue to outdo yourself at being one of the biggest morons who posts here. Notice thread title "guitarist" not "bassist"
    Bassist/ Bass Guitarist. Good job, chief. Does being a tightwad impress a select few people you know, or do you just use it as an internet theme?

If rumors from this years NAMM convention are true (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...rt/#more-27554) and Adrien Belew is playing with How To Destroy Angels, then I nominate him.

Quote Originally Posted by |\| | |/| View Post
    If rumors from this years NAMM convention are true (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...rt/#more-27554) and Adrien Belew is playing with How To Destroy Angels, then I nominate him.
    That would definitely get me to their show.

Quote Originally Posted by shonts View Post
    ODB hologram playing all along the watchtower
    only acceptable answer

I'ts like saying that jaco pastorius is a better guitarist than django reinhart..... it doesn't make sense, a bass guitar and a guitar are two completely different instruments with completely different techniques... Although you are correct on technicalities, you are not winning this argument. This thread clearly refers to regular guitars. We can start a best bass guitarist thread for coachella 2013 if you are really wanting to keep jacking off to flea
    09-10-11-12-13-14

...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    John Frusciante (I wish)
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    John Frusciante (I wish)
    this would get me to watch (and legitimize) rhcp again.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

The new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer is the shit. No Frusciante, but he's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    I'ts like saying that jaco pastorius is a better guitarist than django reinhart..... it doesn't make sense, a bass guitar and a guitar are two completely different instruments with completely different techniques... Although you are correct on technicalities, you are not winning this argument. This thread clearly refers to regular guitars. We can start a best bass guitarist thread for coachella 2013 if you are really wanting to keep jacking off to flea
    lol @ "regular guitars." You seem to think you're some sort of legitimate authority on the matter. You're not. That you're arguing at all devalues your entire presence. For future reference: When you see adults having a discussion, you shut the fuck up and take note. Otherwise you're going to embarrass yourself, and I guarantee it.

You seem to think the original guitar had six strings. You seem to think that there is such thing as a "regular" guitar. A guitar is a guitar. There are definitely common standards when it comes to making instruments, but to say that this is more of a guitar, or a regular guitar, than that? Address unknown. No such number.

If Flea were to be a cellist, then you'd have a point. If Flea were known for playing the ukulele, then you'd be on the money. Flea is a bass guitarist. It doesn't matter what kind of guitar he plays. That you're a dumbass is the main concern here. That Stone Roses fanatics are dumbasses is the main concern here. There is no universe in which I am wrong. Just forget about it, dribbler. Save the thinking for people who get paid for it. You get paid to have a shovel/ broom/ spatula in your hand and look busy. Nvr chng! KIT BRAH!

If Flea were to be a cellist, then you'd have a point. If Flea were known for playing the ukulele, then you'd be on the money. Flea is a bass guitarist. It doesn't matter what kind of guitar he plays. That you're a dumbass is the main concern here. That Stone Roses fanatics are dumbasses is the main concern here. There is no universe in which I am wrong. Just forget about it, dribbler. Save the thinking for people who get paid for it. You get paid to have a shovel/ broom/ spatula in your hand and look busy. Nvr chng! KIT BRAH!
    you sir are smoked the fuck out. Put down the pipe bro, you can do it.

lol @ "regular guitars." You seem to think you're some sort of legitimate authority on the matter. You're not. That you're arguing at all devalues your entire presence. For future reference: When you see adults having a discussion, you shut the fuck up and take note. Otherwise you're going to embarrass yourself, and I guarantee it.

You seem to think the original guitar had six strings. You seem to think that there is such thing as a "regular" guitar. A guitar is a guitar. There are definitely common standards when it comes to making instruments, but to say that this is more of a guitar, or a regular guitar, than that? Address unknown. No such number.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJJA oh man that was awesome!! thank you so much for the laugh, i really needed that
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Got a 2 for the price of 1 special on that post. Keepin' it real

Johnny Marr