Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Modest Mouse to Close the Outdoor THeatre with Lonesome Crowded West In

Default Re: Petition for Modest Mouse to Close the Outdoor THeatre with Lonesome Crowded West

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i haven't gotten third planet so i'd prefer that.
    For sure.

Default Re: Petition for Modest Mouse to Close the Outdoor THeatre with Lonesome Crowded West

Guys, I will admit, I am a little scared. I have seen Modest Mouse 3 times, and all 3 times were phenomenal. That kind of awe inspiring, send shivers up your spine, make you laugh/ make you cry kind of set you want from Modest Mouse so badly. I have heard they are hit or miss live, and all 3 shows I have seen have been solid hits. Considering how Issac spoke so badly of Coachella for so many years, I am afraid this will be the Modest Mouse performance that fucks it all up for me.

Assure me this wont happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Guys, I will admit, I am a little scared. I have seen Modest Mouse 3 times, and all 3 times were phenomenal. That kind of awe inspiring, send shivers up your spine, make you laugh/ make you cry kind of set you want from Modest Mouse so badly. I have heard they are hit or miss live, and all 3 shows I have seen have been solid hits. Considering how Issac spoke so badly of Coachella for so many years, I am afraid this will be the Modest Mouse performance that fucks it all up for me.

Assure me this wont happen.
    i don't see why they would bother to come back just to phone it in.

can anyone quote some things he's said about GV? i've noticed that he doesn't seem to like festivals much. maybe it's because they make them play during the day? could be the heat?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

i did just get a twinge of fear thinking about them playing mostly new shit.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Considering how Issac spoke so badly of Coachella for so many years, I am afraid this will be the Modest Mouse performance that fucks it all up for me.
    Can we get some details here?

my dream is to get this sometime

medication
    worms vs birds
    what people are made of
    whenever... (positive megative)
    karma's payment
    custom concern
    she ionizes & atomizes
    exit does not exist

/thread

<<<<<<<COMBO

oh and the fruit that ate itself ep infull.

fuck they used to be so good.

medication
    worms vs birds
    what people are made of
    whenever... (positive megative)
    karma's payment
    custom concern
    she ionizes & atomizes
    exit does not exist

/thread
    + it always rains on a picnic
    beach side property
    interstate 8
    edit the sad parts
    broke
    medication

10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory
    11/7 Dean Blunt @ Jewel's Catch One

i don't see why they would bother to come back just to phone it in.

can anyone quote some things he's said about GV? i've noticed that he doesn't seem to like festivals much. maybe it's because they make them play during the day? could be the heat?
    I saw them headline Pitchfork and they rocked that festival.
    The match of the century: absence versus thin air.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Dramamine takes me back to the first few dozen times I ever got high. Hearing it go off with some cubensis moving me would be perfect. Now to start building an appropriate stash.

Lurker

Last time I saw them they OPENED with "Shit Luck". One of my favorites on account of that old Zero video.

heartcooksbrain, the H should not be capitalized in the spelling of Theatre. You buffoon. You fat fucking buffoon.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Hey everyone, if you're trying to discover new music to listen to at Coachella this year, check this page out. https://www.facebook.com/CoachellaSongOfTheDay?fref=ts. My friends and I created it, just to pick a song of the day, featuring a different band performing at Coachella, every day between now and the 2nd weekend (which we are attending).

I realize that, however, not being able to edit it, we are at an impasse.

MM's pitchfork set was pretty weak. Issac was berating the crowd for buying bottled water. It was about 98F

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoWizard75 View Post
    Last time I saw them they OPENED with "Shit Luck". One of my favorites on account of that old Zero video.
    Yes! MISLED YOUTH. Where i first heard them as well

10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory
    11/7 Dean Blunt @ Jewel's Catch One

I've seen Modest Mouse three times and they we're fucking great every time. I even got Isaac to talk to me last May. Some dude was filming it at the time and got it all on video.

I'm the guy who screamed "Dramamine"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2a1GK1gjkE

judging from their sasquatch shows- we will get a nice taste of older stuff (thank goodness). i believe at sasquatch last year they opened with rocking out to Shit Luck (omg please let this happen)

in any case Modest Mouse is playing Coachella and that's rad.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

This thread has single-handedly made Modest Mouse my most anticipated set of the weekend.

I was listening to Interstate 8 earlier today and couldn't stop smiling like a goon

I don't care what they play. Was their earlier sound more original and influential at the time? Yes. But they haven't sold out. They rarely make records, and when they do, it's 13-15 tracks of some more pop and other more oddball Modest Mouse style tunes. To me We Were Dead was a brilliant follow up to Good News...

I have always been impressed with their live performance if only because it is unlike any other artist you will see. Isaac is a modern live musical force to always be reckoned with.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

FUCK THAT ....I want Modest Mouse during the day. I would be very happy if I could go Modest Mouse into Grinderman into Stone Roses into Blur.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Prostitutes, Black Hat @ f8 10/10/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Roman Flugel @ f8 10/22/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Everytime i've seen them at festivals its sucked, relatively speaking. Everytime i've seen them at small venues its been absolutely amazing. Not saying this will suck for sure, but can we stop talking about it? The guy moved to Cottage Grove, OR to get the F away from this kind of hype...I highly doubt he's going to answer the call of a Coachella message board petition...pray to god that they put them in the Gobi at midnight and hope for the best....
    Last edited by themule; 02-03-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    heartcooksbrain, the H should not be capitalized in the spelling of Theatre. You buffoon. You fat fucking buffoon.
    Husky and feisty.

We are most likely looking at an outdoor theatre at sunset time slot similar to arcade fire back in 2007- that's my guess
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Everytime i've seen them at festivals its sucked, relatively speaking. Everytime i've seen them at small venues its been absolutely amazing. Not saying this will suck for sure, but can we stop talking about it? The guy moved to Cottage Grove, OR to get the F away from this kind of hype...I highly doubt he's going to answer the call of a Coachella message board petition...pray to god that they put them in the Gobi at midnight and hope for the best....
    themule: Taking Thread Titles Too Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I don't care what they play. Was their earlier sound more original and influential at the time? Yes. But they haven't sold out. They rarely make records, and when they do, it's 13-15 tracks of some more pop and other more oddball Modest Mouse style tunes. To me We Were Dead was a brilliant follow up to Good News...

I have always been impressed with their live performance if only because it is unlike any other artist you will see. Isaac is a modern live musical force to always be reckoned with.
    I do agree with all of this to varying degrees. I worry more about over-production than i do songwriting. I really enjoyed we were dead. Actually, the copy i downloaded back in '07 had the tracklist reversed. I liked that version better than the way it was tracked by the band.

Can we change this to "Petition for Modest Mouse to Close the Outdoor Theatre with entire discography pre-2004?"

Quote Originally Posted by hello_friend View Post
    Can we change this to "Petition for Modest Mouse to Close the Outdoor Theatre with entire discography pre-2004?"
    No. I wanna hear Bukowksi and Spitting Venom. Maybe Black Cadillacs.
    The match of the century: absence versus thin air.