Thread: question about car camping. coachella neewbie

Lurker

Default question about car camping. coachella neewbie

I have a car camping pass that went along with my purchase and i was wondering if i could leave every night and just reenter and park my car again in the morning. So question is, can i leave and come back daily or do i have to stay parked there for the 3 days?

Default Re: question about car camping. coachella neewbie

Quote Originally Posted by stephany View Post
    I have a car camping pass that went along with my purchase and i was wondering if i could leave every night and just reenter and park my car again in the morning. So question is, can i leave and come back daily or do i have to stay parked there for the 3 days?
    No. Once your car is parked, you are discouraged from leaving with it, and if you do drive out, you won't be allowed back in.

This is predominantly a safety concern; having people drive around the campground at will would be *really dangerous*.

You, personally can leave - there are all sorts of ways out that don't involve driving - but your car needs to stay.

My sister is interested in camping, but would fly out to LA and wouldn't have a car of her own. If I dropped her off at the campgrounds on Thursday and then left immediately, would she run into any trouble for only having a car in her spot for, like, twenty minutes?

With you leaving that quickly she just might.

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    My sister is interested in camping, but would fly out to LA and wouldn't have a car of her own. If I dropped her off at the campgrounds on Thursday and then left immediately, would she run into any trouble for only having a car in her spot for, like, twenty minutes?
    You need to have a "Car Camping" sticker to be allowed anywhere near the Car camping area. You won't even be allowed past the Car Inspection area. Are you saying you have a "Car Camping" sticker to burn? I imagine there will be a bunch of these on Tuesday with the bundled ticket sales. I'd just sell the sticker & drop off your sister at the designated "Drop Off" location instead. You will make some would be car camping neighbors really happy if you did leave your spot after 20 min tho. I guess your sister can fend for herself until Monday...Technically, once you are in the Car Camping Area, your sister can setup her tent in the 30x10 spot and you can drive off and not allowed re-entry back to the same spot (until Monday).
    Last edited by billtino; 01-26-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    You need to have a "Car Camping" sticker to be allowed anywhere near the Car camping area. You won't even be allowed past the Car Inspection area. Are you saying you have a "Car Camping" sticker to burn? I imagine there will be a bunch of these on Tuesday with the bundled ticket sales. I'd just sell the sticker & drop off your sister at the designated "Drop Off" location instead. You will make some would be car camping neighbors really happy if you did leave your spot after 20 min tho. I guess your sister can fend for herself until Monday...Technically, once you are in the Car Camping Area, your sister can setup her tent in the 30x10 spot and you can drive off and not allowed re-entry back to the same spot (until Monday).
    there's also a tent camping option; you could drop her off at the dropoff and she could go tent camp.

although, honestly, usually the tent campers get segregated in their own lonely little ghetto.

Tent camping is sold out. Car camping passes are non-transferable.

Each car camping spot is required to have a car on the spot. When the car leaves, they can technically put someone else in that spot. It's a risk. I know some people have made it work though.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    there's honestly no such thing as non-transferable. they need to stay attached to a wristband from the original order, but that's easily done in a transfer if you swap wristbands.

Just saying, there's a risk if it is from an order that had mulitple wristbands, better be sure to be the first one there. From the site:

Please note:*Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally.* If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the first* one from your group that arrives.* This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Tent camping is sold for the regular sale? Is this also true for VIP passes?

You can leave with your car anytime before curfew. They lock down the camp grounds at about 10pm and don't allow cars back in. So you can leave and re-enter before then only. At least those were the rules last year.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

no, you can't drive out and drive back in, and no, you can't leave your sister on an empty spot. just read the fucking rules and don't try to intentionally misinterpret them to benefit your own retarded plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    You can leave with your car anytime before curfew. They lock down the camp grounds at about 10pm and don't allow cars back in. So you can leave and re-enter before then only. At least those were the rules last year.
    Those were *not* the rules last year.

They do not allow cars to leave and then come back in, full stop. You can leave early, but then you're done.

What the exit lockdown was about was this: you can't leave between like 10pm and sometime around 2am. This is particularly an issue on Sunday night when a lot of people want to leave, and it's done for traffic flow reasons: the non-campers are all trying to leave, and the roads are a clusterfuck, so keeping some added traffic off of the roads is a benefit. Last year there was this huge ass line winding through the area near the exits from the campground for hours after the end of the show on Sunday, as people waited,and waited, and waited.

You're far better off just letting yourself go to sleep and waking up @6.