Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 56 of 56

Thread: Wu Tang Clan

  1. #31

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffwilson View Post
    this better not effect their performance

    http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...st/#more-55955
    WTF!!!!

  2. #32
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    I love 36 Chambers but I'm not sure if I'm excited for this.

  3. #33
    Member anonimouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    wow that site looks real reputable. anyway while im glad to see them on the lineup i doubt i'll give their set more than a walk-by. i saw them around six years ago and while it was cool and all it just wasnt that special. maybe this time will be different but i'd rather take a chance on an act i've never seen
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

  4. #34
    Member xxxxxxxxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    I've heard that members including RZA and Ghostface have been no shows at Wu gigs/tours in recent years, let's hope they all show this time.

  5. #35
    Member thom cobain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Downey
    Posts
    805

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    I think they will all be there. RZA, GZA, Meth, Masta, Chef, Deck, Ghost, U-God, plus Cappadonna. Maybe even Streetlife.

    I've seen them several times. Usually a fun show, should be dope.

    I want this one.

    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

  6. #36

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by mclovin_it View Post
    I can't wait for the Hologram Ol' Dirty Bastard. But for real I can't wait for this set. Saw them last year at Paid Dues and it was great. Hopefully this year it's better.
    I just mentioned to someone this weekend that I bet Wu Tang clan brings the hologram this year.

  7. #37
    Member themule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, San Francisco
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Really want to be excited for this, but every time I've seen them, either as a whole or individal shows, they have been a letdown. I think chambers and liquid swords are incredible, but they just seem to translate terribly live. I hope they have something special planned and not just them rapping over their beats. My guess is the show will be packed for the first 15 minutes and then people will migrate...J5 will shred though.

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,916

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by carriecornish View Post
    I just mentioned to someone this weekend that I bet Wu Tang clan brings the hologram this year.
    I don't think Wu Tang wants to spend the money it would cost to develop an ODB hologram.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    They just played a local theater here, and they could sell that out...not even close. I live two minutes away and just laughed as I walked by the theater. Why are they even on the poster? Joke music. Oh, they are so dangerous.

  10. #40
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    I think people are getting some shit confused. Yeah, "Wu-Tang Clan" has been billed at smaller theaters and clubs and shit in recent years, but usually its Inspectah Deck and U-God and Cappadonna and Masta Killa, maybe with a Rae or Ghost or someone thrown in. This year, for the 20th anniversary of Enter the 36 Chambers, RZA had a lot of talk about getting the whole clan back together, playing shows, recording a new album (which he will actually produce), etc. That's the difference - he also stated in several places that it wouldn't happen if everyone wasn't on board, so speculation is that it's not going to be some clusterfuck amalgamation of random Wu members shouting out verses.

    I've seen solo shows from Method Man, GZA, Ghostface and Raekwon that were excellent. All the Wu-related shows at Rock the Bells in 2011 were stellar. Enter the 36 is a classic, Wu-Tang Forever and the W are both really good, Iron Flag and 8 Diagrams have their moments. Nearly each individual member has at least one near-classic to their name.

    The whole thing turns on RZA. If he lays the law down and makes sure that everyone is there (well, the principals - I don't really think U-God's absence would bother anyone) and scripts a good show, I think it'll be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  11. #41

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by AbundantChoice View Post
    ...and @#^ hologram ODB, I want a hologram Too Poetic for a Grazediggaz reuinion and whole-album run-through of Six Feet Deep.
    Six Feet Deep, what a classic album. Diary of a Madman, one of the greatest tracks produced by RZA.

  12. #42
    Member Fig Neutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    493

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I don't think Wu Tang wants to spend the money it would cost to develop an ODB hologram.
    Maybe a cardboard cut out instead?

  13. #43

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by nine00 View Post
    Six Feet Deep, what a classic album. Diary of a Madman, one of the greatest tracks produced by RZA.
    Anyone know if The Gravediggaz have toured without Too Poetic? I would love to see a reunion.

  14. #44
    Member anonimouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    ...so speculation is that it's not going to be some clusterfuck amalgamation of random Wu members shouting out verses
    except that's what wu do
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

  15. #45
    old school Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc metro area
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesc2929 View Post
    They just played a local theater here, and they could sell that out...not even close. I live two minutes away and just laughed as I walked by the theater. Why are they even on the poster? Joke music. Oh, they are so dangerous.
    you're not talking the chameleon club are ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

  16. #46
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,916

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fig Neutron View Post
    Maybe a cardboard cut out instead?

    That would be appropriate for ODB.

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    The FBI's file for ODB was an incredible read.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    I think people are getting some shit confused. Yeah, "Wu-Tang Clan" has been billed at smaller theaters and clubs and shit in recent years, but usually its Inspectah Deck and U-God and Cappadonna and Masta Killa, maybe with a Rae or Ghost or someone thrown in. This year, for the 20th anniversary of Enter the 36 Chambers, RZA had a lot of talk about getting the whole clan back together, playing shows, recording a new album (which he will actually produce), etc. That's the difference - he also stated in several places that it wouldn't happen if everyone wasn't on board, so speculation is that it's not going to be some clusterfuck amalgamation of random Wu members shouting out verses.

    I've seen solo shows from Method Man, GZA, Ghostface and Raekwon that were excellent. All the Wu-related shows at Rock the Bells in 2011 were stellar. Enter the 36 is a classic, Wu-Tang Forever and the W are both really good, Iron Flag and 8 Diagrams have their moments. Nearly each individual member has at least one near-classic to their name.

    The whole thing turns on RZA. If he lays the law down and makes sure that everyone is there (well, the principals - I don't really think U-God's absence would bother anyone) and scripts a good show, I think it'll be excellent.
    I'd kind of miss U-God's verse in Da Mystery of Chessboxing. Also, it's one thing to get all remaining members on board, it's another thing all together to get them to actually show up for the gig. I continue to believe this could go either way. Everyone could show up, they could have a live band, they could turn the backing track down to some reasonable level, and the whole crew could be in rare form, in which case, it'll be one of the highlights of the festival. Or it could turn out like most of their shows . . . or worse.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)

  19. #49

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #50
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffwilson View Post
    this better not effect their performance

    http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...st/#more-55955
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

  21. #51

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fig Neutron View Post
    Maybe a cardboard cut out instead?
    Great call. This would be a super funny moment. I bet they will have ODB's son, like they often do.

    Bumping for Wu Tang. I wonder if RZA will play any of the man with the iron fists soundtrack

    DRUGS ON KIDS

  22. #52
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,114

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    All the Wu-related shows at Rock the Bells in 2011 were stellar.
    This really can't be said enough. I had an awesome time at their Rock the Bells set in NYC.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    This really can't be said enough. I had an awesome time at their Rock the Bells set in NYC.
    That's great to hear! All the nay saying in this thread had me worried.

    Although, I feel like Wu Tang can come as correct as they want to. You probably saw them at their best. A festival in NYC that attracts a crowd of real hip hop heads vs a west coast fest mostly attended by a white suburban crowd who just know that Wu Tang are those guys with the yellow W that are and want to see them so they can tweet/facebook/instagram WU TANG and get a good spot for the chilli peppers. If I were them I'd play a shitty set.

    Ill be there to see it either way though, just in case.



    (this is coming from a white suburban guy)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRUGS ON KIDS

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,916

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    This really can't be said enough. I had an awesome time at their Rock the Bells set in NYC.

    This is good to hear. Did they perform with a live band or just a DJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  25. #55
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,114

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Well I lied. I went to RtB 2010. lol. Even better though, full clan with Young Dirty Bastard.



    No live band it looks like

  26. #56
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,114

    Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    That's great to hear! All the nay saying in this thread had me worried.

    Although, I feel like Wu Tang can come as correct as they want to. You probably saw them at their best. A festival in NYC that attracts a crowd of real hip hop heads vs a west coast fest mostly attended by a white suburban crowd
    Yes. The crowd was definitely a factor in NY. So fucking fun

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  2. Wu-Tang Clan to Reunite for Anniversary in 2013
    By themonstermash in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:02 AM
  3. The Clan for 2012...
    By BeeII in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
  4. Clan Of Xymox
    By RODGERRAMJET in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •