Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Clan

Default Wu Tang Clan

Aint Nothing to fuck with!

Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

Agreed!

Any word on wether they got every member on board for the tour?
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

I can't wait for the Hologram Ol' Dirty Bastard. But for real I can't wait for this set. Saw them last year at Paid Dues and it was great. Hopefully this year it's better.

fuckin California squadron comin through
    4/17/11-T/R/L/P

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

dolla dolla bill yaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

there is a 100% chance they will be late to their set time...GV will schedule accordingly

PERFORM WITH A LIVE BAND OR GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by GilwackSLO View Post
    there is a 100% chance they will be late to their set time...GV will schedule accordingly
    This is the festival that somehow got Lauryn Hill to start on time, they can pull a miracle here as well. Sly Stone I guess being the glaring exception.

One of the top acts of the weekend. They are going to destroy it.

I hear these guys have a yearly doctor's check-up to confirm whether or not they still ain't nothin' to fuck with.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

They have enough problems on stage with just 8 of them, you really think adding 5 plus people is going to help that?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I need help here. I saw them at RTB Frisco in 07. Its the only time Ive seen them. They were pretty bad. I was bummed cuz I really wanted to see them. Was it just an off night? Are they worth giving a second glance?
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This and ONLY them. Not their homies and their homie's homie's sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I didn't enjoy them at RTB either. It was moreso just dope to see the crew but nothing amazing. And they will have a band. Some guitarist tweeted he will be playing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twattycakes View Post
    Doesn't matter.

All Wu Tang shows have RZA standing in front acting like he is the reason everyone came, while Ghostface stands behind everybody until he has to spit a verse. Then, he comes to the front and says what he says and goes back to standing behind everyone looking like he wants to kill them.
    Method man runs around, since he is the only person that understands stage presence. Spitting the occasional verse. Raekwon walks back and forth, side to side, the entire show.
    They're not the best live act but it will be fun.

^ all of this along with Method Man standing on some kids heads, GZA complaining about his mic, but U God, Masta Killa, and Inspektah Deck will just be happy people are paying to see them
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

honestly i just want to hear triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    honestly i just want to hear triumph.
    i ain't mad at ya

Quote Originally Posted by Twattycakes View Post
    http://www.spin.com/articles/wu-tang...-reunion-album

This article seems to make it seem like they are making new material and that he expects them all to tour together.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

I've seen them live but it was a long time ago and they were good then. Method Man is of course the best performer but if they play the old hits it will be sick.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Ive seen them 4 times. It all depends on the sound system. If they are in open air it wont be as good as in a closed environment. I dont really care what or what they dont do on stage. RZA and Method Man grt the crowd going though in ways that other artists cannot because they are so authentic. If they play all the classics it should make a statement. I will be looking forward to it. Its their 20 year anniversary of 36 Chambers so they better be on point.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    ^ all of this along with Method Man standing on some kids heads, GZA complaining about his mic, but U God, Masta Killa, and Inspektah Deck will just be happy people are paying to see them
    I think we need to pick one of them and become some sort of unofficial fan club with signs and chanting. Let's make U-God's day. Maybe we all wear golden armbands or something?

But yeah, Wu-Tang shows are hilariously hit or miss. ESPECIALLY when 20 random hanger-ons are up there too. "Oh hey, it's that one random guy from that Sunz of Man side project! Cool!" said no-one in the history of ever. Hell, i'd even keep Cappadonna off the damn stage, and he might as well be a real member. I've also seen RZA descend into "lecturer" mode at festival shows. "Okay, all you white kids don't know your Five Percenter lingo, so now I'm gonna explain what I mean when I say things like 'Positive energy activates constant elevation' and 'Arm to the leg leg arm to the head' " WE GOT IT, RZA, WE GOT IT.

and @#^ hologram ODB, I want a hologram Too Poetic for a Grazediggaz reuinion and whole-album run-through of Six Feet Deep.

this better not effect their performance

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...st/#more-55955

Wu Tang is for the children.

How late will they come on stage?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

I've only seen them once, when they opened for RATM back in the day in Chicago. It was a shitshow. GZA didn't show (which sucked). I think ODB missed it too. No live band, terrible sound. Lots of shouting over a too loud backing track. I love Wu-Tang and put Liquid Swords up there as my favorite rap album and in my top 5 albums of all time, but man, that set was a disappointing fucking disaster. I can't wait to see their set at Coachella, but I am fully prepared for it to be a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong. Shit, who am I kidding. As long as GZA shows this time, I'll probably be happy.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)