Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

  1. #1

    Default Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    How embarrassing.

    http://www.bonnaroo.com/2007-lineup

    Compare lineups. Tennessee gets better music than LA WTF is up with that.

    Back in the day it was THE FESTIVAL in the US but that ended after the 3rd one. Sasha and Digweed are spinning in Tennessee and not LA? The Police are playing in Tennessee and not LA? We get fookin Bjork who's last good music she was with the Sugar Cubes (no offense to Bjork because the cubes rocked)? We get a RHCP's who are now a pop music sensation no better than Brittney or Justin? Thats messed up. If anything causes Rage to cancel there will be riots of bored wasted youths.

    Why no Police?

    I can only figure the Police want to rape us for money when they come play an arena or stadium figuring unlike a band like Black Sabbath or the Dead if they played here once most folks who saw them would stay home. But that is WRONG. I might stay home but the majority of people going to the stadium concert wouldn't be found at Coachella. People who love Bruce Springsteen, The Cars, the Who, Dave Matthews aren't quite the people who wil be at Indio. The Police had 3 great albums then they went pop. So anyone who thinks Synchronicity is the shit is really a wimpy music wuss. Let me state the WORST Police Song EVER!.....Every Breath You Take! Yep. FACTOID!!!!!

    BTW Coachella could improve the lineup if they weren't cheap asses and actually ponied up for a Space Island Stage now that would be the shit all the West Coast Breaks DJ's getting off.

    I miss the good old days when they talent was off the boards vs looking like they were desperate to fill slots. I have to think it's a management issue vs acts not wanting to play here.

  2. #2
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Could I have some of your drugs please?

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,668

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Yeah, it's way better to book a bunch of bands that just played Coachella, and lots of shit jam bands instead of rare and/or interesting artists that make a festival actually worth attending like Jarvis Cocker, Arcade Fire, Bjork, Air, Blonde Redhead, Jesus and Mary Chain, etc.

  4. #4
    Member kimery08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    word.

  5. #5
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,263

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    I just think if you think one festival is better than the next, quit your bitchin and go to the one you like better. I like 'em all so I go to all.

  6. #6
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,987

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Some potential subtitles for this thread:

    "Why Coachella Music Festival Lineup Sucks: The Deranged Rantings of a Madman"

    "Why Coachella Music Festival Lineup Sucks: Transmissions from the Loony Bin"

    "Why Coachella Music Festival Lineup Sucks: Making Sense Is for Suckers"

    "Why Coachella Music Festival Lineup Sucks: Psychosis Isn't Fun"

    "Why Coachella Music Festival Lineup Sucks: What Happens When a 3rd Grader Gets His Hands on Mom's Computer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  7. #7
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,785

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    mmmhhhhmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  8. #8
    Member dalethethug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    i guess i better sell my ticket
    you sure showed all of us
    Jebus loves me

  9. #9
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    We suck. thanks for the info.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  10. #10
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,683

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Even if the premise of your argument was correct -- that the Bonnarroooo lineup is better than Coachella -- your logic is that of a third grader. What you basically said is -- "Why having $1,000,000 sucks: The possibility having $1,000,001" Even if BBoonnantroo was better, that wouldn't be the reason Coachella's lineup sucks. Which it doesn't.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  11. #11
    Member joppy-slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    smittens
    Posts
    1,348

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    meh..... i don't see Justice, MSTRKRFT, Digitialism, Travis, SoulWax, Air, Explosions in the Sky, Paul Van Dyk, Faithless, Junior Boys, LCD Soundsystem, Richie Hawtin, Evil 9, The Rapture on that poster..
    Bonaroo is more like a jam band / hippy festival, with a couple eclectic artists thrown in.... and while the Police would be fun to see, i'm much more excited to see Rage Against the Machine bust out 'Bombtrack' then I would be fore the Police hashing out 'Every Little Thing She does is Magic'.....
    Coachella wins hands down this year, especially with the female talent that is representin this year.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

    2013 EDM wishlish (please):

    classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,668

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    I'd hate to be a festival without Arcade Fire this year. How shameful.

  13. #13
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Lets move this argument to the Line Up forum. Dani a little help?



    GV doesnt want to spend money on talent? So 5 million to try and reunite the Smiths isnt trying hard enough? A million paid to have Radiohead isnt enough? Give me a break..... They have the money but Bonarroo is still cheaper cause the talent they get isnt as expensive in the end.
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-03-2007 at 01:49 PM.

  14. #14
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Lets move this argument to the Line Up forum. Dani a little help?
    Really. I thought I was in the lineup forum when I saw this title because this is just the sort of post that is in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  15. #15
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Maybe the Coachella lineup thinks you suck, huh? How bout that? Ever been owned by a noncorporeal entity before? Enjoy your stay in Sparta, please come again.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  16. #16
    old school breakjaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,684

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by loki1967 View Post
    People who love Bruce Springsteen, The Cars, the Who, Dave Matthews aren't quite the people who wil be at Indio. The Police had 3 great albums then they went pop. So anyone who thinks Synchronicity is the shit is really a wimpy music wuss. Let me state the WORST Police Song EVER!.....Every Breath You Take! Yep. FACTOID!!!!!
    I like 2 of the bands you mentioned(Springsteen and The Who) and I even like The Police,and furthermore think "Every Breath You Take" is a well-written pop ballad,albeit overplayed.Why am I not the kind of person "who wil(sic) be at Indio"?

    Oh,and thanks for the new sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Download is the only festival that rivals Coachella.....
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

  18. #18
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,764

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    I'm trying to follow this guy's thinking. If I got it right, it goes like this.

    1. Bonnaroo 07 > Coachella 07.

    2. In part, this is because Bonnaroo 07 has the Police.

    3. By the way, the Police suck.

    4. Also, DJs are good, which Coachella has and Bonnaroo doesn't.

    5. Therefore, Coachella sucks.



    I mean. really. isn't that what he said?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,668

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    loki1967 probably goes to the Juggalo Gathering

  20. #20

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    loki1967 probably goes to the Juggalo Gathering
    MuHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa. He is the King of the Juggalos. Fuck this guy.
    Ive got the demons in me, Ive got to brush them all away.......

  21. #21

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    that lineup sucks

  22. #22

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I'm trying to follow this guy's thinking. If I got it right, it goes like this.

    1. Bonnaroo 07 > Coachella 07.

    2. In part, this is because Bonnaroo 07 has the Police.

    3. By the way, the Police suck.

    4. Also, DJs are good, which Coachella has and Bonnaroo doesn't.

    5. Therefore, Coachella sucks.



    I mean. really. isn't that what he said?
    it made WAAAY more sense when he said it though
    All the punks think that you're dumb.

  23. #23
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Really. I thought I was in the lineup forum when I saw this title because this is just the sort of post that is in there.
    I didnt see that, oops. I guess it got moved here because this has negative connotations.


    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rosetta Stoned View Post
    Download is the only festival that rivals Coachella.....
    This is only opinion because all the bands playing Download are ones you really really like and would never really be at Coachella. You should try and comepare with festivals that bring the same kinds of artists together. So Glastonbury is pretty much the comparison in this case.

  24. #24
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,577

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'd hate to be a festival without Arcade Fire this year. How shameful.
    That is pretty damn shameful, especially since their participating in just about every festival known to man kind this year. Bonnaroo licks ass

  25. #25
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I didnt see that, oops. I guess it got moved here because this has negative connotations.
    No, no. I'm AGREEING with you. This is in the Lounge and it should be in the Lineup. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I was in the Lineup section because of the title alone. I switch around to both forums a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  26. #26
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    i moved it because i thought it was yet another bonnaroo thread. it seems they like to come here and start threads about bonnaroo. so I though it better discussed here in the lounge.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  27. #27
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Ok, I was in the Lineup section then. PF is makin some wacky changes today.

    edit: GOOD, wacky changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  28. #28
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,764

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i moved it because i thought it was yet another bonnaroo thread. it seems they like to come here and start threads about bonnaroo. so I though it better discussed here in the lounge.
    in other words feed them to the sharks.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    you know how i know you're gay?

  30. #30
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,296

    Default Re: Why Coachella Music Festival Line Up Sucks

    Its funny how every move I make is under a microscope. My first and only thought was "oh, another bonnaroo thread, this should go in the lounge"

    I didnt think, oh this is negative so i have to move it (ala suprefans ASSumption)
    I didnt think, oh, feed them to the sharks (ala toms assumption).

    you guys crack me up sometimes.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Similar Threads

  1. 29 Palms Music and Arts Festival. 2008.
    By JOE X in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 03:44 PM
  2. Music Festival Cuts off Tickets Sales
    By nahuatldream in forum Passes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
  3. Coachella Line up Poster?
    By suprefan in forum Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
  4. Reading/Leeds Festival line up Announced
    By suprefan in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
  5. Replies: 100
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •