Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1326

Thread: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Those rarer songs only show up on the European tours though.
    Yep. American scum don't deserve the good stuff, apparently.

At least I got to see them do "Citizen Erased" at Glasto, which will be my last time watching them.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Got to see them do Citizen Erased in san francisco. Outside Lands 2011

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

But instead of Muse, it was No Doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtnandez89 View Post
    ^Still one of the best festival performances I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Give me some examples of artists who have "pull" who haven't played or aren't scheduled to play a show in LA this year. And don't you fucking dare say daft punk
    Paul McCartney, The Cure, Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eminem

I get what you're saying, everyone's going to play LA and do nationwide tours. Muse / Depeche Mode have played plenty of shows lately to satisfy their fan base, though, including playing a two weekend festival as headliners this fall.

So if those are two of the three names on the top of the poster, I'm just saying I would hope the third headliner would feel more exclusive/rare. That's all.

Let's just get McCartney again.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

McCartney in the Yuma

BAZINGA.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Paul McCartney, The Cure, Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eminem

I get what you're saying, everyone's going to play LA and do nationwide tours. Muse / Depeche Mode have played plenty of shows lately to satisfy their fan base, though, including playing a two weekend festival as headliners this fall.

So if those are two of the three names on the top of the poster, I'm just saying I would hope the third headliner would feel more exclusive/rare. That's all.
    Everyone expects coachella to spontaneously generate headlining acts out of their ass. Everyone wants to feel special by being treated to something thats "exclusive" and "rare." I get you don't want headlining acts that have already over saturated themselves, however, all the acts you've named have headlined major music festivals in the US. None of them would be exclusively branded by coachella. Macca WAS exclusive to coachella in 09, but now he's played OSL and Bonarroo just this year. I don't see anything exclusive about billing him (note I have no problem with Macca headlining again, I'm just saying he's not a rare get).

That said, Bruce Springsteen, Arcade Fire, and Muse/Depeche Mode would kick major ass.

oh, fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

only have seen muse four times, but anyone who was at LA Rising can attest to their legendary live show status - and they didn't even headline. still pissed I missed OSL that year.
    Last edited by kvnty; 09-27-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I thought they were spectacular at Coachella '10.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

If we are going to have a repeat headliner, why not go big and dream of Prince again? Just a thought.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

The 2nd Law is an improvement from The Resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Everyone expects coachella to spontaneously generate headlining acts out of their ass. Everyone wants to feel special by being treated to something thats "exclusive" and "rare." I get you don't want headlining acts that have already over saturated themselves, however, all the acts you've named have headlined major music festivals in the US. None of them would be exclusively branded by coachella. Macca WAS exclusive to coachella in 09, but now he's played OSL and Bonarroo just this year. I don't see anything exclusive about billing him (note I have no problem with Macca headlining again, I'm just saying he's not a rare get).

That said, Bruce Springsteen, Arcade Fire, and Muse/Depeche Mode would kick major ass.
    How many times do I have to say this? NO BRUCE. Maybe if Coachella were out of Detroit. How many native Californians give half a fuck about anything he's ever released? Now, what's the annual average percentage of attendees who come from Southern California alone? Let Bruce have Lolla, or somewhere that will show him a little more appreciation.

Arcade Fire? Really? Out of all the possible gets of varying rarities, you choose these dooks? I wouldn't mind seeing Muse on the bill again, since I missed them in 2010 (it was worth strolling over to the empty but open showers for an evening feelgood sesh. Oh, really? Feelgood is considered a word, but not sesh? I'm like so sure.)

think they also played Citizen Erased at Lollapalooza'11, which was almost as phenomenal as the LA Rising set. felt sorry for anyone who chose coldplay over muse that night.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    How many times do I have to say this? NO BRUCE. Maybe if Coachella were out of Detroit. How many native Californians give half a fuck about anything he's ever released? Now, what's the annual average percentage of attendees who come from Southern California alone? Let Bruce have Lolla, or somewhere that will show him a little more appreciation.

Arcade Fire? Really? Out of all the possible gets of varying rarities, you choose these dooks? I wouldn't mind seeing Muse on the bill again, since I missed them in 2010 (it was worth strolling over to the empty but open showers for an evening feelgood sesh. Oh, really? Feelgood is considered a word, but not sesh? I'm like so sure.)
    what the fuck are you babbling about?

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    despite their last two lackluster albums, muse still puts on a helluva live show. their set lists are chock full of older songs (black holes and prior). mr. bee, feel free to chime in with stats regarding old material vs. new during their recent tour.

... and nin has a great new album and a great new tour - would so welcome the opportunity to see them/him live on the polo grounds come 2014.
    Actually most of the Muse setlist from their show here consisted of the last two albums
    Granted those songs sound much better live, but still.

Give me some examples of artists who have "pull" who haven't played or aren't scheduled to play a show in LA this year. And don't you fucking dare say daft punk
    The band that is playing SNL tomorrow

I can't see Muse coming back to the Polo Fields unless they put out a really good and different album in the future. As far as I'm concerned, the Blur / Stone Roses / Phoenix picks this year is a sign that Goldenvoice has decided they can get away with making anyone a headliner (which they can,) and aren't going to make boring picks again. Admittedly, RHCP is an exception, but with all of the buzz that they were a last minute replacement, and there may be more last minute situations in the future. But I don't expect to see too many KROQ acts anymore.

old school

Ok I phrased that wrong - what I meant is exactly that, Southern California has had 6 opportunities combined to see Muse and Depeche Mode (plus DM played Santa Barbara) in the last twelve months, as had most of the country (or just book a flight to Austin).
    Depeche did 5 CA shows in late 2005 before the 2006 Coachella appearance. Plus gigs in Vegas/Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    ... and nin has a great new album and a great new tour - would so welcome the opportunity to see them/him live on the polo grounds come 2014.
    NIN are headliners but they really need some production/setlist/guest twist to make a Coachella set something to remember. Looking at the "fake 2014 posters" I was wondering if Atoms For Peace could draw a bigger crowd than NIN.

First Foo Fighters show of the new album. Novoselic would be a icing on the cake.

A full CSNY show or Lady Gag's first proper show in over a year doing Art Pop stuff(if it's interesting) could hold some appeal even if both are stretching the Coachella demographic.

The Stones(AEG) might have some March 2014 dates in the Southern hemisphere, so maybe tack on exclusive stateside.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Wait 24 hours, after we hear more from the album.

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    I can't see Muse coming back to the Polo Fields unless they put out a really good and different album in the future. As far as I'm concerned, the Blur / Stone Roses / Phoenix picks this year is a sign that Goldenvoice has decided they can get away with making anyone a headliner (which they can,) and aren't going to make boring picks again. Admittedly, RHCP is an exception, but with all of the buzz that they were a last minute replacement, and there may be more last minute situations in the future. But I don't expect to see too many KROQ acts anymore.
    Their opinions on headliners may depends on the ticket pre-sale figures.

what the fuck are you babbling about?
    Feelgood doesn't get a red wavy line under it when typed, unlike "sesh," and "WhatLies." Why? Feelgood isn't a word. Feelgood the campus grilled cheese act, maybe? Feel-good movie of the year, perhaps? Feel Good (Blurred Lines)? Feel Good Inc?

Gorillaz and Robin Thicke confirmed.

At least there would be dancing...

When is Timberlake going to get rid of this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Actually most of the Muse setlist from their show here consisted of the last two albums
    Granted those songs sound much better live, but still.
    Here is the setlist from the show I saw earlier this year at Staples Center:

1. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
    2. Supremacy
    3. Map of the Problematique
    4. Panic Station
    5. Resistance
    6. Supermassive Black Hole
    7. Sign “☮” the Times (Prince cover)
    8. Knights of Cydonia
    9. Monty Jam
    10. Sunburn (first time played in the US since 2007)
    11. Time Is Running Out
    12. Save Me
    13. Madness
    14. Follow Me
    15. Undisclosed Desires
    16. Plug In Baby
    17. New Born
    18. The 2nd Law: Isolated System
    19. Uprising
    20. Starlight
    21. Survival

11 out of 21 songs were from the last two albums (what is that, bee, 55%?). but you're right, the newer songs do sound so much better live. and their stage production was ridiculous.

Here's a phone photo:

Last edited by kvnty; 09-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.

arctic monkeys will always be a possibility and we all know they are capable of headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    arctic monkeys will always be a possibility and we all know they are capable of headlining.
    Capable? Yes. Still think they're a sub or third name in the states though

AM's Coachella billing hasn't changed since 2007. They haven't gotten any bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

It would still be a lot more entertaining than Arcade Fire headlining.

Capable? Yes. Still think they're a sub or third name in the states though
    yeah i think they are underrated in the states too but i think that goldenvoice could make them headline to make them more popular like it happend with phoenix and black keys

when does monkish or whatever start updating her blog?

When we have a few more names "confirmed"

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    yeah i think they are underrated in the states too but i think that goldenvoice could make them headline to make them more popular like it happend with phoenix and black keys
    Phoenix and the Black Keys didn't need Coachella to get big, though I will say that the Black Keys overplayed Coachella, and it couldn't have hurt their reputation with people who are open to shitty new music (Brothers and beyond bored me). I want to talk shit about Phoenix, but they always surprise me, so I give them a little credit. They'd have been just as big without ever having played Coachella. I can't deny their popularity.