Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1326

Thread: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    No cheesy EDM producer / DJ closed out the main stage this year. I hope that trend continues.
    With no EDM main stage act and an expanded Sahara, I think GV made a very definitive statement last year about where EDM will be in the future.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    We know that GV threw the kitchen sink at the Smiths, however, it wasn't enough to book them. I'm thinking that Blur and the Stone Roses were bumped up from sub headliners to Co-Headliners when the Smiths wouldn't bite.

YYY's ->Blur -> SR -> the Smiths

with the Smiths out, GV added Modest Mouse last minute to fill the gap
    While I think The Smiths have seriously entertained offers, they've never been close to accepting.

IMO, Joyce will never be in the same room as Marr/Moz again after some very hostile legal battles. I can't seem to figure out if the other 3 can even use the name without Joyce.

GV got approval for fireworks that were never used which seems to indicate the Stones were anticipated, The Stones used set closing fireworks at Glastonbury and both Hyde Park shows.

No way would the management of SR or Blur ever accept 3rd billing on a given night.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    RHCP were the strongest headliner. If anyone was a backup, it would be Stone Roses/ Blur as subs being bumped up to accommodate Rolling Stones not giving a fuck about Coachella. Phoenix was actually a pretty hip choice for headlining, while Stone Roses/ Blur seemed like the opposite. Blur put on a really good show, but it still felt like they should have subbed the main stage to Rolling Stones. Phoenix and RHCP ended their nights properly, respectively.
    Phoenix didn't keep their momentum with the new album. Outside France it's mid sized venues and sub billing from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    Yup, the decision was very late but the talking about it wasn't. They were wanted from the start, they only agreed to do it at the last minute.
    The promoters for Glastonbury have said they have "verbal agreements" for the trio of 2014 headliners already in place. Nothing in writing yet. Promoters also have to keep "optional" headliners if they are chasing a pipe dream, someone needs a round of chemo or an album gets delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Dammit, officially getting my hopes up for a Bruce set at Coachella after the tour extension announcement to February/March today.

For the sake of dreaming, hopefully they'd give him 10:30 PM - 1:00 AM and he plays a bit past curfew. He had a 3 hour 30 minute set at Bonnaroo in 2009 but that isn't really possible.
    Bruce has behaved himself with curfews at festivals in 2012/2013. Some slots were even 2:15-2:30. IMO, Bruce is an odd genre fit for Coachella. I hate to say it but JT fits better for the current demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    I'd imagine the plan was to have The Rolling Stones headline saturday with Pheonix as a sub. I've no doubt that the fest knows putting Blur and The Roses on different days wouldn't be a good move, at least the same day, it's gone and over with and you don't have to make the choice again
    Phoenix said in an interview they were offered a headline spot and that was the motivation to complete their album on a set date.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    You asshole, how dare you go out on a limb and guess optimal headliner candidates without listiing Tool, asscheek.
    If MJK is only starting to work on lyrics it's virtually certain they won't be ready to confirm a major festival appearance(that hinges on new material) in 12-14 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    With no EDM main stage act and an expanded Sahara, I think GV made a very definitive statement last year about where EDM will be in the future.
    ♫♪...TROLLOLOLOLOL...♪♫

Promoters for Glastonbury:

YaddaYaddaYadda -- SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ACT NATURAL

R. Kelly with 2 hours and a blank check.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Another child star success story brought to you by Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigger View Post
    R. Kelly with 2 hours and a blank check.

Based on recent speculation

Robin Thicke with Miley Cyrus
    Aviici
    Foster the People
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

I don't have stats or anything conclusive - but I think we can all agree that the presale this June was not the frenzy of 2012 (after Tupuc hologram, Radiohead, and those DJs). They will need one big headliner (or two) to sell out both weekends. My friend got a Weekend One GA ticket an hour before presale ended. In 2012, I had to wait an hour in that purgatory "waiting room" site to get my ticker RIGHT when the Presale started.

I think Depeche Mode's three dates in LA at the Staples Center makes it unlikely they will headline Coachella. The point of a Depeche Mode / Cure etc. is that you haven't seen them play in _________ amount of years (or at all).
    Arcade Fire won't come back until their next album - too soon.
    NIN - seems likely but it's possible GV will aim higher because they played everywhere else
    I still have hope for Daft - although if they get them expect the other two headliners to be lighter.

I think we will see one of these three on the poster: Drake / Eminem / JT

They expanded the server capacity, which is why it wasn't a frenzy, right? Coachella will still sell out when general tickets go on sale, before the line up announcement.
    Last edited by guedita; 09-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

i think drake is likely - his new album will defenetly appeal to the people who don't listen to the radio (and the people who do). He's entering a new era of mass appeal

The Rolling Stones
    Drake
    Daft Punk

(would be cool)

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

Aviici
    Foster the People
    o gawd. The memories of the Foster the People and fun. rumors last year.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeontop View Post
    I don't have stats or anything conclusive - but I think we can all agree that the presale this June was not the frenzy of 2012 (after Tupuc hologram, Radiohead, and those DJs). They will need one big headliner (or two) to sell out both weekends. My friend got a Weekend One GA ticket an hour before presale ended. In 2012, I had to wait an hour in that purgatory "waiting room" site to get my ticker RIGHT when the Presale started.

I think Depeche Mode's three dates in LA at the Staples Center makes it unlikely they will headline Coachella. The point of a Depeche Mode / Cure etc. is that you haven't seen them play in _________ amount of years (or at all).
    Arcade Fire won't come back until their next album - too soon.
    NIN - seems likely but it's possible GV will aim higher because they played everywhere else
    I still have hope for Daft - although if they get them expect the other two headliners to be lighter.

I think we will see one of these three on the poster: Drake / Eminem / JT
    Just like RHCP, LA is Depeche Mode's biggest market in the US. RHCP saturated both the LA scene and the festival circuit, yet to no surprise, they had one of the largest crowds of the weekend. That said, RHCP has more mainstream appeal than DM however DM hasn't really hit the US festival circuit hard like RHCP. One big tip that they're likely is when Martin Gahan said that the group plans to do a couple special big shows in the US for 2014.

Miley Cyrus as Hannah Fontana headlining on Saturday. LOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Just like RHCP, LA is Depeche Mode's biggest market in the US. RHCP saturated both the LA scene and the festival circuit, yet to no surprise, they had one of the largest crowds of the weekend. That said, RHCP has more mainstream appeal than DM however DM hasn't really hit the US festival circuit hard like RHCP. One big tip that they're likely is when Martin Gahan said that the group plans to do a couple special big shows in the US for 2014.
    A) Who the fuck is Martin Gahan?
    B) The band has not said they are doing special shows. They have said they are coming to the US in the spring for another tour

The only real point of this thread is to prove to the scientific community that most of the people on this board have no idea how use logic to come to any type of reasonable conclusion. All of you stop making the attempt to think.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 09-15-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    B) The band has not said they are doing special shows. They have said they are coming to the US in the spring for another tour leg.

Don't know how legit this is but Oasis reunion? I know it says it wouldn't be till next August but I dont know what parts of this article or right and wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ing-Oasis.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Noel said no fucking way in some other article i am now too lazy to look for or post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Noel said no fucking way in some other article i am now too lazy to look for or post.

Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Don't know how legit this is but Oasis reunion?
    Are you envisioning some kind of competition to see which other Britpop shitpile can drive secondary ticket markets lower than the 60% discount that the Stone Roses/Blur abortus managed to accomplish? Or perhaps suggesting a candidate that will manage to underdraw SR in a battle of main stage ghost towns?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    They expanded the server capacity, which is why it wasn't a frenzy, right? Coachella will still sell out when general tickets go on sale, before the line up announcement.
    But even so, in 2012 you couldn't get a W1 GA ticket during the presale after the first day. It was sold out (in pre-sale terms). This year you could get up to the end. Regardless of server, doesn't that mean they sold less tickets?

Whatever, who cares. I loved last year's no headliner thing but I could stand for a Daft Punk or whoa moment this year.
    Last edited by wannabeontop; 09-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post

Aviici
    Foster the People
    Who's speculation?

Your ten year old sister's?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    B) The band has not said they are doing special shows. They have said they are coming to the US in the spring for another tour
    The only real point of this thread is to prove to the scientific community that most of the people on this board have no idea how use logic to come to any type of reasonable conclusion. All of you stop making the attempt to think.
    A) ahh I couldn't remember if it was martin or david who said that they plan on returning in 2014 to the US for a select number of shows. David/Martin said that these shows in 2014 would be "special" or something of equal degree.

B) Everyone put your pencils down! The test is over and you've all failed miserably. Except for maybe Guedita and TomAZ; you two can go fuck yourselves.

High-five, bro. Hilarious.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    Who's speculation?

Your ten year old sister's?

These are my sources:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...s-Whatever-Etc

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...er-Cheat-Sheet
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Oasis had their chance at being relevant...
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Don't know how legit this is but Oasis reunion? I know it says it wouldn't be till next August but I dont know what parts of this article or right and wrong.
    Andy Bell might end up playing with Oasis, Ride and Beady Eye next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Are you envisioning some kind of competition to see which other Britpop shitpile can drive secondary ticket markets lower than the 60% discount that the Stone Roses/Blur abortus managed to accomplish? Or perhaps suggesting a candidate that will manage to underdraw SR in a battle of main stage ghost towns?
    Phoenix is quite the power hitter headliner. This was the only 2013 box score I could find.

Phoenix, Mac Demarco
    Freeborn Hall Davis, Calif.
    April 2, 2013
    $68,256
    1,728 / 1,728
    1 / 1
    $39.50 Another Planet Entertainment

The Stone Roses
    Pepsi Center WTC Mexico City, Mexico
    April 9, 2013
    $256,820
    5.805 / 6.376
    1 / 0
    $44.24 OCESA-CIE

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    A bunch of the camping and hotel packages sales were FAR below their early bird sales last year. In fact I think ALL of them were available by the time the sale ended. This included tent camping which is only 7,000 passes and has sold out near instantly the last couple years. GV have also been weirdly quiet on the interview/press release front since the 2013 lineup announcement and the Cruise 9-10 months ago.

Are there any other angles we could discuss the Stone Roses from? I'm not sure we've bled that one dry yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Are there any other angles we could discuss the Stone Roses from? I'm not sure we've bled that one dry yet.
    I'm just surprised nobody points their finger at Phoenix. Billing wise, the only big festival they will ever headliner is Coachella and the they played this year in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'm just surprised nobody points their finger at Phoenix. Billing wise, the only big festival they will ever headliner is Coachella and the they played this year in France.
    The problem, Bumblebee, and the reason why nobody is pointing their finger at Phoenix as being the weak headliner, is that people showed up to their set. A LOT of people. The crowd was practically back to that mansion thing. And we all know how Stone Roses' crowd turned out.

And for the love of all that is holy, using stats from a Mexican show for an American audience is the silliest thing I've ever seen.