Eminem
    JT
    NIN

Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Alright here goes

Justin Timberlake
    NIN
    Depeche Mode
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by jbergeron View Post
    i never thought dj shadow would play the gobi, but he did...to a half empty crowd. times have changed. underworld has been around since the 1980's. half the kids in the sahara weren't even born yet. it doesn't help their cause that they have been releasing everything through their website for the last 10 years either. i saw underworld play the sahara in 2003 and it was my favorite coachella set ever. i am not saying underworld won't play the sahara again, but they for sure will never close the sahara. before you start calling people morons, read the original question and response moron.
    And, if you recall, the Sahara was probably filled to 50% capacity for underworld. Old Sahara = size of new Mojave, and given they aren't exactly gaining in popularity these days, and since kiddies hardly know them (and frankly even if they do, they just don't care), I say if they play Mojave is a lock. I'd say Gobi if it didn't have such shit sound.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Alright here goes

Justin Timberlake
    NIN
    Depeche Mode
    This is what I'm leaning toward.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    my bad. im the opposite i've been living in the us for 3 years now haha. you'll be going to some awesome shows in this next few months
    Stoked on life!!!
    No worries! Bravo on those 3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by iam8bits View Post
    Foo Fighters would be boring as fuck and aren't a special get.
    Not disagreeing with you, I just think this is the most likely KROQ artist that has a new album coming out. They subbed back in 2002, and I think they might be due for a return.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

I'm still hoping for a Daft Punk - NIN nails pairing with National getting the unexpected Kings Of Leon/Black Keys/Killers indie little guy slot. No interest in AF headlining again, ditto Depeche Mode, and Justin Timberlake would just be sad, would be tremendously well attended and then the floodgates will open on a parade of Lady Gage, Robin Thicke, Rhianna, Beyonce, Brittany Spears, Alicia Keys AM-radio-cheese-styled headliners until 5 years from now we'll be looking at an all-Disney Miley Cyrus/Selena Gomez/Bridget Mendler Lip-Synced Triple Bill to close Sunday Night.

There are some lines that should just not be crossed, and it starts by saying no to JT. Love him on SNL, not the Coachella Mainstage!
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Hint: Not NIN, or JT. Not Eminem.

Cat<--------->Bag

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    I'm still hoping for a Daft Punk - NIN nails pairing with National getting the unexpected Kings Of Leon/Black Keys/Killers indie little guy slot. No interest in AF headlining again, ditto Depeche Mode, and Justin Timberlake would just be sad, would be tremendously well attended and then the floodgates will open on a parade of Lady Gage, Robin Thicke, Rhianna, Beyonce, Brittany Spears, Alicia Keys AM-radio-cheese-styled headliners until 5 years from now we'll be looking at an all-Disney Miley Cyrus/Selena Gomez/Bridget Mendler Lip-Synced Triple Bill to close Sunday Night.

There are some lines that should just not be crossed, and it starts by saying no to JT. Love him on SNL, not the Coachella Mainstage!
    Honestly, I agreed with your JT opinion until pretty recently. He's got some talent though and would put on a pretty great performance. And I don't think him headlining would open the floodgates for Gaga or Rihana or any poop like that.

There are plenty of other people I'd rather see headline, but I think JT this year could happen
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

lol at "indie little guy slot". both Kings of Leon & i believe the Killers had been touring Arenas before they headlined, and Black Keys followed Coachella with an arena tour of their own. The National is not there yet.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, I just think this is the most likely KROQ artist that has a new album coming out. They subbed back in 2002, and I think they might be due for a return.
    I hope they at least leave them as a backup, like they did with RHCP. And I hope the actual planned headliners don't fall through this time.

For like, the millionth time, RHCP wasn't a back up.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

RHCP were the strongest headliner. If anyone was a backup, it would be Stone Roses/ Blur as subs being bumped up to accommodate Rolling Stones not giving a fuck about Coachella. Phoenix was actually a pretty hip choice for headlining, while Stone Roses/ Blur seemed like the opposite. Blur put on a really good show, but it still felt like they should have subbed the main stage to Rolling Stones. Phoenix and RHCP ended their nights properly, respectively.

We know that GV threw the kitchen sink at the Smiths, however, it wasn't enough to book them. I'm thinking that Blur and the Stone Roses were bumped up from sub headliners to Co-Headliners when the Smiths wouldn't bite.

YYY's ->Blur -> SR -> the Smiths

with the Smiths out, GV added Modest Mouse last minute to fill the gap

blur/stone roses the same day has been one of the best days of my life. if the stones would have played after any of them it would have been the best lineup ever.

Yeah, I think anything as big as the Stones or The Smiths after Blur/Stone Roses would've been overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    We know that GV threw the kitchen sink at the Smiths, however, it wasn't enough to book them. I'm thinking that Blur and the Stone Roses were bumped up from sub headliners to Co-Headliners when the Smiths wouldn't bite.

YYY's ->Blur -> SR -> the Smiths

with the Smiths out, GV added Modest Mouse last minute to fill the gap
    I don't think The Smiths were supposed to headline over them, pretty sure Paul was happy having Blur and The Stone Roses headline. Also, Modest Mouse wasn't added last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by iam8bits View Post
    Yeah, I think anything as big as the Stones or The Smiths after Blur/Stone Roses would've been overkill.
    It would have been tough to follow Blur without being The Rolling Stones. The Stone Roses weren't much of a headliner. Blur should have taken the stage last both days, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I don't think The Smiths were supposed to headline over them, pretty sure Paul was happy having Blur and The Stone Roses headline. Also, Modest Mouse wasn't added last minute.
    I recall there was, as every year, rumors about the Smiths for this past year and, as always, it will never EVER happen.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I think The Smiths will happen, though I wouldn't watch them if they did. That Morrissey says, "IF this, THEN we will play," should be proof enough that The Smiths have a future playing Coachella. I don't think Coachella will do away with meat products for a whole weekend for Morrissey, but I could see them doing a meat alternative day during the weekend, or making some kind of compromise to net the group.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    I think The Smiths will happen, though I wouldn't watch them if they did. That Morrissey says, "IF this, THEN we will play," should be proof enough that The Smiths have a future playing Coachella. I don't think Coachella will do away with meat products for a whole weekend for Morrissey, but I could see them doing a meat alternative day during the weekend, or making some kind of compromise to net the group.
    Last I recall, Morrissey has never said "If" and "Then." Most famously, he said "rather eat his own testicles, and that's coming from a vegetarian." Johnny Marr has most recently told fans "to get another hobby" when it concerns to Smiths reunion rumors. If it was about money, I'm sure it would have happened by now, but clearly, it is not. It is just not going to happen. Life goes on...
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I'd really like to see YYYs at coachella again. She puts on an amazing show; tons of energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Last I recall, Morrissey has never said "If" and "Then." Most famously, he said "rather eat his own testicles, and that's coming from a vegetarian." Johnny Marr has most recently told fans "to get another hobby" when it concerns to Smiths reunion rumors. If it was about money, I'm sure it would have happened by now, but clearly, it is not. It is just not going to happen. Life goes on...
    I'll get back to you with an official updated response from Morrissey soon. Marr will do literally anything Morrissey asks /demands of him. It doesn't have much to do with money, though it really does. That the Moz is still touring, that Marr is still dwelling on that period of his career... I think there's a lot of promise. Granted: Morrissey will bitch about playing Coachella, as usual. Is he doing well, financially? Are people still buying his bullcrap with an attitude cherry on top? Coachella may be the last place that will pay big bucks for such an old, sour act. It'd be like banging Julia Roberts in 2013. Cool story bro. It would have been a way cooler story 20 years ago. Every festival would take The Smiths, but that doesn't mean it'd be worth it in any way.

Thank God Mick Jagger never did exceptionally well with his solo career. Everyone wants to be a Lennon/ McCartney.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    I'd really like to see YYYs at coachella again. She puts on an amazing show; tons of energy.
    Are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs Coachella's house band now? Let's give it three or four years, and a couple good albums, or maybe Karen O wants to bring her solo proj to the fields. The Strokes have to come back to Coachella at least once before YYYs can return. We have rules around here.

Last edited by TheVelvetSmudge; 08-30-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I swear to Christ, if The Smiths were to ever reform for a Coachella performance, and that prompted even a day without meat options, I'd be cursing Morrisey's name all weekend.

Fortunately, I don't see it ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I swear to Christ, if The Smiths were to ever reform for a Coachella performance, and that prompted even a day without meat options, I'd be cursing Morrisey's name all weekend.

Fortunately, I don't see it ever happening.
    fucktard
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport

Justin Timberlake would just be sad, would be tremendously well attended and then the floodgates will open on a parade of Lady Gage, Robin Thicke, Rhianna, Beyonce, Brittany Spears, Alicia Keys AM-radio-cheese-styled headliners until 5 years from now we'll be looking at an all-Disney Miley Cyrus/Selena Gomez/Bridget Mendler Lip-Synced Triple Bill to close Sunday Night.

Amen, brothers and sisters.

The NSync Radio Disney flashbacks would be too overwhelming for those who lived through it.

Keep today's schlock-pop off the Main Stage.
    Last edited by santasutt; 08-30-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    fucktard
    Yes... I'm an asshole cause I can't stand people who try to force their beliefs on people.

Bottom line: I love a lot of Smiths songs... Could give a shit about Morrissey's solo material, but neither makes me feel like I should have to deal with vegan militism to enjoy a set from a band that I may have enjoyed in my youth.

And if you think that it's OK for someone to force their beliefs down your throat, then I really could care less about you as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Yes... I'm an asshole cause I can't stand people who try to force their beliefs on people.

Bottom line: I love a lot of Smiths songs... Could give a shit about Morrissey's solo material, but neither makes me feel like I should have to deal with vegan militism to enjoy a set from a band that I may have enjoyed in my youth.

And if you think that it's OK for someone to force their beliefs down your throat, then I really could care less about you as a human being.
    I got something to shove down your throat. And it's pretty fucking meaty.
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    "I'm a thief and a shitkicker, and I wanna be famous."
    - D. Davenport

you probably dont know him, or maybe you do but tensnake in the yuma would be awesome. is there and age requirement in the yuma???(im not very old) didnt get the chance to get in the yuma becuse of the lines

There's a joke in there somewhere about you not being very old and the kids in the Something About You video... but my head is too cloudy today to find it.