Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

Rumble in the Dumble
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Rumble in the Dumble

Why are you doing this to us? Why?!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

A Jonas Brothers video will play upon someone voluntarily clicking on the play button.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I like how he had to clarify that he's never listened to Jonas Brothers before.

Bruce Springsteen
    Arcade Fire
    D*** P***

Flame me now

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I like how he had to clarify that he's never listened to Jonas Brothers before.
    He? I'm sure I've encountered the Jonas Brothers on some tv show somewhere, unknowingly, but I don't listen to Radio Disney, so this is a true first for me. I like how you like how.

Maybe we should stop calling the retards out on their idiocy. It seems to just make them say more inane shit constantly. I may just have to write an extension for chrome that filters out these two retards so I can stop losing IQ points reading their stupidity.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Bruce Springsteen
    Arcade Fire
    D*** P***

Flame me now
    That's my dream headliner set (flame me now), so I'd be more than happy with that.

Bruce Springsteen
    Arcade Fire
    D*** P***

Flame me now
    switch david bowie and bruce springsteen and you're on to something. bowie would sell more tickets.

I know it's probably a complete and utter long shot but what are the chances that Rage Against the Machine would play again? Apparently LA Rising is happening again next year and I have a feeling Rage will be there like they were a few years ago. If they reunite for that, maybe they'll do it for Coachella, which is a few months earlier? Idk just spitballin'

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Maybe we should stop calling the retards out on their idiocy. It seems to just make them say more inane shit constantly. I may just have to write an extension for chrome that filters out these two retards so I can stop losing IQ points reading their stupidity.
    Yes, please do us this favor before you spend any more time bitching on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by jbergeron View Post
    switch david bowie and bruce springsteen and you're on to something. bowie would sell more tickets.
    Are you saying that Coachella is going to have trouble selling out this year, or that you think they should sell more tickets?

Wrong. Wrong.

Bruce Springsteen
    Arcade Fire
    D*** P***

Flame me now
    I think so too...with Pearl Jam instead of Bruce Springsteen

whiney pain in butt

KoRn
    Dr Dog
    Elf Power

whiney pain in butt

Paul Tollett "Fuck it. Fuck the fans!! I hate everything. Lets make them watch ELF POWER on sunday... for no reason at all. Their heads will explode!" -- then he takes a bunch of kittens and rips their heads off to drink the blood.

In Alphabetical Order -

Arcade Fire 250:1
    They gots the new album in October and their 2011 Saturday headlining set is not only one of the best Coachella sets, but live sets I've ever seen, so even though I hate headliners so close to each other this is one I wouldn't mind. This is a tough call and can go either way, so I can't really predict if they will or won't be there.

Beyoncé 200:1
    She just finished up a well-received studio tour and it's about time that Coachella had another female headliner - though Lady Gaga (discussed below) could take that title. Album #4 should be on the way for her and with a spring release, a Polo Fields performance could be in the books for Queen B.

David Bowie 1000:1
    This could be the year that Ziggy finally lands in the Valley with The Next Day's release this last March. But don't get your hopes up on this one anybody. Another year waiting.

Daft Punk 150:1
    A rumored appearance on the VMAs could signal a live return for the EDM luminaries. With "Get Lucky" playing as the song of the summer and Random Access Memories racking it up on Billboard, this year could be the year the robots take back the Grounds.

Depeche Mode 80:1
    Delta Machine sucked, but Dave Gahan and crew can still work the old hits like no other. They have been headlining other festival this summer and would be a excellent and liekly choice to repeat this year at the festival. Boring choice? Possibly. But very likely.

Eminem 450:1
    Slim doesn't have a new album announced, but neither did Dre when Coachella pulled him and Snoop out of their asses. This would be a great headlineg set and the only likely hip hop headliner this year, but something just doesn't ring right about Eminem in the big fonts.

Kings of Leon 700:1
    They won't headline again, so wipe that sweat from your brow. 'Supersoaker' and 'Wait For Me' are underperforming and nobody cares about them anymore. I feel bad for the guys though. They aren't that bad, they are just trying way to hard to stay relevant. Go back to the garage and just rock, brahs!

Lady Gaga 150:1
    Coachella needs a pop act and Gaga - though she is losing popularity and relevance - will bring the theatrics. Her new album ARTPOP will be intriguing and could have some experimental sensibility, which will impress the hipper Coachella goers. A headliner to watch for.

Mumford & Sons 450:1
    Paul Tollett was a genius to have them sub-headline in 2011. But he won't bring them back this year. They have headlined to many other festivals so far and will be exhausted of their underwhelming yet Grammy-winning Babel.

Nine Inch Nails 5:2
    This year's lock. Their new show is getting rave reviews and the new album will be great judging on the singles. The welcome return back to the Polo Grounds is inevitable for Trent Reznor and crew.

Pearl Jam 250:1
    I hope they show up. Eddie Vedder hates Goldenvoice apparently? Wouldn't be surprised, but I think its their time. One of the last bog alt-god headliners left that hasn't closed the mainstage in Indio.

The Rolling Stones 450:1
    If it happens, its because everybody was pissed it didn't happen last year. It will be a great show. The biggest headliner since Sir Paul and the boggest headliner they will likely ever get.And that is something Coachella need right now after last years headlining debacle.

Justin Timberlake 600:1
    Was made even more likely after he announced a second part to The 20/20 Experience. It would be his first major festival appearance and that would be a huge get for the Coachella team. No telling the odds on him showing up, but it seems less likely.

U2 800:1
    With a Danger Mouse-produced album on the way, this could be a really interesting time for U2. Especially after the lackluster No Line on the Horion, they need something to prove once again that they are the biggest band in the world and a headlining spot would be just that.
    Last edited by thefivefool; 08-13-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Arcade Fire will not be headlining. Not happening. Adjust the odds.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Christ on a crutch, it's a Bumblebee clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

whiney pain in butt

they gots?

and what random ratios you've come up with.. i'm almost giving a fuck to read past the first line.. eeh, nevermind.

All the odds are way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by thefivefool View Post
    In Alphabetical Order -

They gots the new album in October and their 2011 Saturday headlining set is not only one of the best Coachella sets, but live sets I've ever seen, so even though I hate headliners so close to each other this is one I wouldn't mind. This is a tough call and can go either way, so I can't really predict if they will or won't be there.

She just finished up a well-received studio tour and it's about time that Coachella had another female headliner - though Lady Gaga (discussed below) could take that title. Album #4 should be on the way for her and with a spring release, a Polo Fields performance could be in the books for Queen B.

This could be the year that Ziggy finally lands in the Valley with The Next Day's release this last March. But don't get your hopes up on this one anybody. Another year waiting.

A rumored appearance on the VMAs could signal a live return for the EDM luminaries. With "Get Lucky" playing as the song of the summer and Random Access Memories racking it up on Billboard, this year could be the year the robots take back the Grounds.

Delta Machine sucked, but Dave Gahan and crew can still work the old hits like no other. They have been headlining other festival this summer and would be a excellent and liekly choice to repeat this year at the festival. Boring choice? Possibly. But very likely.

Slim doesn't have a new album announced, but neither did Dre when Coachella pulled him and Snoop out of their asses. This would be a great headlineg set and the only likely hip hop headliner this year, but something just doesn't ring right about Eminem in the big fonts.

They won't headline again, so wipe that sweat from your brow. 'Supersoaker' and 'Wait For Me' are underperforming and nobody cares about them anymore. I feel bad for the guys though. They aren't that bad, they are just trying way to hard to stay relevant. Go back to the garage and just rock, brahs!

Coachella needs a pop act and Gaga - though she is losing popularity and relevance - will bring the theatrics. Her new album ARTPOP will be intriguing and could have some experimental sensibility, which will impress the hipper Coachella goers. A headliner to watch for.

Paul Tollett was a genius to have them sub-headline in 2011. But he won't bring them back this year. They have headlined to many other festivals so far and will be exhausted of their underwhelming yet Grammy-winning Babel.

This year's lock. Their new show is getting rave reviews and the new album will be great judging on the singles. The welcome return back to the Polo Grounds is inevitable for Trent Reznor and crew.

I hope they show up. Eddie Vedder hates Goldenvoice apparently? Wouldn't be surprised, but I think its their time. One of the last bog alt-god headliners left that hasn't closed the mainstage in Indio.

If it happens, its because everybody was pissed it didn't happen last year. It will be a great show. The biggest headliner since Sir Paul and the boggest headliner they will likely ever get.And that is something Coachella need right now after last years headlining debacle.

Was made even more likely after he announced a second part to The 20/20 Experience. It would be his first major festival appearance and that would be a huge get for the Coachella team. No telling the odds on him showing up, but it seems less likely.

With a Danger Mouse-produced album on the way, this could be a really interesting time for U2. Especially after the lackluster No Line on the Horion, they need something to prove once again that they are the biggest band in the world and a headlining spot would be just that.
    Is this from CoS? It certainly reads like it...
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

In Alphabetical Order -

There's only going to be one headliner this year, based on those odds. I guess that makes sense when you add Lil Wayne and Pearl Jam to the list, though I'm still not sure why anyone would want NIN when they're so available everywhere else this season.

Also, no invitation or negotiations will be made with most of those bands, eliminating their "odds," and forcing the likelihood of most others to be much greater.

Why are there no numbers on the Smiths? A band that odds say could play any year, as they're ALWAYS INVITED.

Coachella needs a "pop act"? Justin Timberlake would be a "huge get"? Are you out of your fucking mind? Those two pieces of shit will never, and should never, step foot on the polo fields to perform live. Fuck that and fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Coachella needs a "pop act"? Justin Timberlake would be a "huge get"? Are you out of your fucking mind? Those two pieces of shit will never, and should never, step foot on the polo fields to perform live. Fuck that and fuck you.
    Justin Timberlake constitutes two pieces of shit? Guess I can see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

old school

Beyonce is close with Live nation, meaning GV would have to overpay to get someone that is only a partial fit with Coachella's demographic. She was well received at Glastonbury and her 1 song with Jay-z at Coachella 2010.

Gaga is about to begin her single/album promo cycle after 6 months of near silence. Haven't seen any tangible signs regarding slagging interest in her live show.

Pearl Jam have 2 arena show in LA roughly 6 weeks before the festival lineup is announced.

I think the Rolling Stones are in viable option, especially with South America rumblings for March 2014. Plus AEG/GV did the recent US tour.

Timberlake headlined the wireless festival a month ago.

April 2014 isn't fitting with the timeline known by U2 fans since the band usually have extremely long pre-production periods and tours books YEARS in advance. Plus Live Nation won't give up an early tour show to a rival promoter - maybe late tour appearance 2015 or 2016 in markets LN has already exploited. U2 haven't done a "for profit" festival appearance since 1985.

Bruce Springsteen
    Rio next month is offically the "last" show of the wrecking ball tour. There's been whispers of a possible 2014 tour/album but April will be too early and their crew are free to do other things those months.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 08-13-2013 at 06:41 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope11 View Post
    I know it's probably a complete and utter long shot but what are the chances that Rage Against the Machine would play again? Apparently LA Rising is happening again next year and I have a feeling Rage will be there like they were a few years ago. If they reunite for that, maybe they'll do it for Coachella, which is a few months earlier? Idk just spitballin'
    So RATM will have played 4 major shows since 2010 and ALL of them would have been in the LA area, and 3 happening more or less in the same summer?

I would hate to see Timberlake and Beyonce on the line up. Isn't that what "I Radio" is for!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope11 View Post
    They will not play Coachella the same year as LA Rising because that would lessen the demand for tickets by a ton.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    They will not play Coachella the same year as LA Rising because that would lessen the demand for tickets by a ton.
    Yep. And if they do any festivals, I think it will be one(s) they haven't played already, like Bonnaroo and Outside Lands.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

NIN-Portsishead
    Depeche Mode
    Arcade Fire

Mumford & Sons (followed by deadmau5)
    Depeche Mode
    Daft Punk