Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 840 of 1326

Thread: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

  1. #811
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    wonderbot is losing this dumb argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  2. #812

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Not really. It's pretty obvious that thevelvetsmudge doesn't know what he's talking about.

  3. #813
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Drake has never played Lolla
    no shit. but there's no questioning that he's more of a Lolla headliner than Coachella.

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  4. #814
    butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    wonderbot is losing this dumb argument.
    Y'z he mad bro? Should I tell him to come at me, or does he even lift?

  5. #815
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,116

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post


    The concept of a "reunion" is clearly lost on you.
    When bands break up and stop making music and then get back together, this is a reunion. LCD broke up. DD did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  6. #816
    butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    When bands break up and stop making music and then get back together, this is a reunion. LCD broke up. DD did not.
    See now, we're debating on what a "band" is, and not what "breaking up" means to a band. You're clearly under the Black Flag school of thought. You think that a band can keep one or no original members, and still be the same band. I'm under the impression that a band is its original lineup. Artistic integrity. Would Outkast still be Outkast if it were Andre 3000 and Fat Joe? Would the Rolling Stones still be the Rolling Stones if they replaced Mick Jagger with Steven Tyler? Fuck no. Those would be cover bands with original elements. Google Duran Duran reunion. Why do thousands of hits pop up? I'm not saying you're stupid, but I am saying you're wrong. You described a reunion, but said it wasn't a reunion. Why are you hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself? Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself.

    (Brian Jones would be pissed to read this paragraph, but who gives a fuck about murdered celebs anyway? Dude got girl-jacked, and the performing section of the band got tired of his lazy bullshit. That's how exceptions are made.)

  7. #817
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,049

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance


    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  8. #818
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,803

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    See now, we're debating on what a "band" is, and not what "breaking up" means to a band. You're clearly under the Black Flag school of thought. You think that a band can keep one or no original members, and still be the same band. I'm under the impression that a band is its original lineup. Artistic integrity. Would Outkast still be Outkast if it were Andre 3000 and Fat Joe? Would the Rolling Stones still be the Rolling Stones if they replaced Mick Jagger with Steven Tyler? Fuck no. Those would be cover bands with original elements. Google Duran Duran reunion. Why do thousands of hits pop up? I'm not saying you're stupid, but I am saying you're wrong. You described a reunion, but said it wasn't a reunion. Why are you hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself? Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself.

    (Brian Jones would be pissed to read this paragraph, but who gives a fuck about murdered celebs anyway? Dude got girl-jacked, and the performing section of the band got tired of his lazy bullshit. That's how exceptions are made.)
    Die in a fire.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  9. #819
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,049

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Duran Duran reunited in 2003, and thus their 2011 billing was a "reunion act."


    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  10. #820
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,116

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    See now, we're debating on what a "band" is, and not what "breaking up" means to a band. You're clearly under the Black Flag school of thought. You think that a band can keep one or no original members, and still be the same band. I'm under the impression that a band is its original lineup. Artistic integrity. Would Outkast still be Outkast if it were Andre 3000 and Fat Joe? Would the Rolling Stones still be the Rolling Stones if they replaced Mick Jagger with Steven Tyler? Fuck no. Those would be cover bands with original elements. Google Duran Duran reunion. Why do thousands of hits pop up? I'm not saying you're stupid, but I am saying you're wrong. You described a reunion, but said it wasn't a reunion. Why are you hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself? Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself.

    (Brian Jones would be pissed to read this paragraph, but who gives a fuck about murdered celebs anyway? Dude got girl-jacked, and the performing section of the band got tired of his lazy bullshit. That's how exceptions are made.)
    We're not debating what a band is. We're debating what a reunion is. A band that hasn't broken up doesn't need to reunite. For the record - Simon LeBon, the original lead singer and face of the band, never left the band. Nor did Nick Rhodes. They continued to record and tour and released some great music during those years. INXS was still INXS without Michael Hutchence. Maybe not the INXS the fans wanted or accepted, but it was still INXS, all those years with all those other singers. Your argument is invalid because are putting your own ideals and idyllic artistic impressions of how these bands should be instead of looking at them for what they are. Is it the Stones without Jones? Yes. Is it AC/DC without Bon Scott? Yes. And finally, just because a phrase renders a shitload of google hits doesn't make it accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  11. #821

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Depeche mode/arcade fire/Kanye west

  12. #822
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    We're not debating what a band is. We're debating what a reunion is. A band that hasn't broken up doesn't need to reunite. For the record - Simon LeBon, the original lead singer and face of the band, never left the band. Nor did Nick Rhodes. They continued to record and tour and released some great music during those years. INXS was still INXS without Michael Hutchence. Maybe not the INXS the fans wanted or accepted, but it was still INXS, all those years with all those other singers. Your argument is invalid because are putting your own ideals and idyllic artistic impressions of how these bands should be instead of looking at them for what they are. Is it the Stones without Jones? Yes. Is it AC/DC without Bon Scott? Yes. And finally, just because a phrase renders a shitload of google hits doesn't make it accurate.
    According to your logic, the Beach Boys 2012 tour was not a "reunion"? The various Fleetwood Mac tours since 1997 were not " reunion?

    The Police tour in 2007-2008 was not a reunion since they never officially broke up. Similar with Strokes and No Doubt touring activity several years ago.

    OutKast wouldn't be a "reunion" by your criteria if the headlined in 2014.

    The other one that throws me is how The Pixies were still a "reunion" act 7-8 years into their annual touring cycle. Same for their upcoming shows.

  13. #823

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    How about iT'S NOT CUT AND DRY THERE ARE SHADES OF GREY
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  14. #824
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,116

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    "SINCE THEY NEVER OFFICIALLY BROKE UP"
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  15. #825
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    "SINCE THEY NEVER OFFICIALLY BROKE UP"
    "extended hiatus"

  16. #826
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,116

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    DD never took a hiatus either.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  17. #827
    butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    According to your logic, the Beach Boys 2012 tour was not a "reunion"? The various Fleetwood Mac tours since 1997 were not " reunion?

    The Police tour in 2007-2008 was not a reunion since they never officially broke up. Similar with Strokes and No Doubt touring activity several years ago.

    OutKast wouldn't be a "reunion" by your criteria if the headlined in 2014.

    The other one that throws me is how The Pixies were still a "reunion" act 7-8 years into their annual touring cycle. Same for their upcoming shows.
    I'm not even going to read her response. It's clear that most people who argue here are just waiting for some one they can say, "Go fuck yourself" to. Well then, I think I'll go fuck myself. When I return, perhaps we can all fuck ourselves, or find others who can get fucked. Logic? Lexicon? Pfft.

  18. #828
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    I'm not even going to read her response. It's clear that most people who argue here are just waiting for some one they can say, "Go fuck yourself" to. Well then, I think I'll go fuck myself. When I return, perhaps we can all fuck ourselves, or find others who can get fucked. Logic? Lexicon? Pfft.
    Citing Bumblebee for support is the surest sign of all that you're really on to something good here.

  19. #829
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Exclamation Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    HARD-Day-of-Dead-Lineup-2013-halloween.jpg

    Giorgio Moroder on the Hard Day of the Dead lineup. I don't know about you, but to me this screams Special Guest appearance during a Daft Punk Live headlining slot next year. Thoughts? I can also see a Giorgio Moroder set in Sahara on a different day. The same applies to Pharrell Williams, Julian Casablancas, Todd Edwards, and Panda Bear on other stages.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  20. #830
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,049

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Kindly explain the logic of how Giorgio Moroder at a HARD event, an event that is in no way affiliated with Golden Voice, "screams Special Guest appearance during a Daft Punk Live headlining slot next year" at Coachella. You cad.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  21. #831
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    A Disco legend coming out of the woodwork. A legend that is the prime inspiration for all of Daft's work. That's pretty big. I can see the magic assimilating as we speak!
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  22. #832
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,049

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Oh, okay. So "pass" on the question of logic.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  23. #833
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    ...

    That is some flawless logic right there.
    For your health

  24. #834
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Bwahaha. I know it's only speculation, but when big names like that appear out of nowhere it should give anyone a reason to hope. The sneak peek ads of RAM this year and photos of the bots (out of suits) at this years fest gives me plenty of reason to expect them to put on a full show next year.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  25. #835
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    I think a more logical argument for his booking is that Hard is hoping that the fantastic crowd they bring in will recognize the dude from Daft Punk's latest album and 1) be impressed and 2) hope Daft Punk will show up.
    For your health

  26. #836
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I think a more logical argument for his booking is that Hard is hoping that the fantastic crowd they bring in will recognize the dude from Daft Punk's latest album and 1) be impressed and 2) hope Daft Punk will show up.
    Truth. It will undoubtedly sell out based on this assertion alone. It won't happen though. Kids need a lesson in musical inspiration before they are rewarded with the real treat.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  27. #837
    Member Wonderbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    So Velveltsmudge, Bumbleebee and newalias are confirmed retards.

    The three of you:
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

  28. #838
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,336

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Giorgio Morder memoir set
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  29. #839
    butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Citing Bumblebee for support is the surest sign of all that you're really on to something good here.
    Surely.

  30. #840
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    Kids need a lesson in musical inspiration before they are rewarded with the real treat.
    Giorgio Morodor IS the real treat.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Similar Threads

  1. Predict the 2012 lineup a year in advance
    By Neutral Milk Hotel in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 532
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 11:47 PM
  2. Amount of advance sale tickets for this year?
    By concertgoer in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
  3. Coachella 2012, 2013, and 2014 headliners
    By TomAz in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 09:50 AM
  5. 3rd year going- must say best headliners yet
    By zenidogx in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •