Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1326

Thread: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

  1. #301

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I know right....





    But Sigur Ros have a new album in June so it's plausible they could be back next year.
    Well if we're doing this. Kanye is possible as well since he will most likely be releasing his album in the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

  2. #302
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    FRI: Beyoncé
    SAT: Daft Punk
    SUN: Arctic Monkeys / The National
    anything could happen

  3. #303

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Beck/ The Flaming Lips or Mumford & Sons
    The National MGMT

    Daft Punk or Depeche Mode
    Deadmau5 The Knife


    Nine Inch Nails
    Neutral Milk Hotel Queens of the Stone Age

  4. #304
    Member VOLVOX17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Les Robots/Mumterd and Sons
    Depeche Mode
    Watch The Throne

  5. #305

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    don't know why people are talking about Sigur Ros coming back, but NIN -> Sigur Ros on the main would be unfuckingbelievable.
    to augment this preposterous yet effulgent thought

    Empire of the Sun -> Atoms for Peace -> NIN -> Sigur Ros

  6. #306

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOX17 View Post
    Les Robots
    Depeche Mode
    Watch The Throne
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

  7. #307

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    if only Kanye could play during the whole festival, that would be the best

    whats also cool is Daft Punk / NIN / Kanye

  8. #308
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,312

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Well if we're doing this. Kanye is possible as well since he will most likely be releasing his album in the next few months.
    the difference though is Sigur Ros would be a "new" headliner versus Kanye being a repeat one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  9. #309
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    If we're going to keep talking about Sigur Ros for whatever reason, can someone at least do me the courtesy of explaining how the next album/six months of their career will advance them to some level of headlining popularity that they haven't achieved yet? Is there a demographic for complex, moody Icelandic post rock that hasn't been tapped since 2000/01?

    I mean, the popular ceiling for this band has pretty much been set where it is for a good six to eight years at this point, right? The Black Keys had a whole bunch of late 2011 hits and started playing arenas and stuff when they came back to headline a year later after subbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  10. #310
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    And yeah, the Stone Roses. I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  11. #311

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    If we're going to keep talking about Sigur Ros for whatever reason, can someone at least do me the courtesy of explaining how the next album/six months of their career will advance them to some level of headlining popularity that they haven't achieved yet? Is there a demographic for complex, moody Icelandic post rock that hasn't been tapped since 2000/01?

    I mean, the popular ceiling for this band has pretty much been set where it is for a good six to eight years at this point, right? The Black Keys had a whole bunch of late 2011 hits and started playing arenas and stuff when they came back to headline a year later after subbing.
    Yes. Their set on the outdoor this year was pretty sparsely populated, so can't imagine them headlining.

    My GF and I left Phoenix about mid-way through (they were amazing but we needed to catch some sigur ros) and had a really easy time getting pretty close up, there weren't too many people there.

  12. #312
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,245

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Yes. Their set on the outdoor this year was pretty sparsely populated, so can't imagine them headlining.

    My GF and I left Phoenix about mid-way through (they were amazing but we needed to catch some sigur ros) and had a really easy time getting pretty close up, there weren't too many people there.
    This was the worst conflict set of the weekend - Sigur Ros vs. New Order vs. Phoenix etc. That's the only reason I didn't hit this set. I suspect this was the same for several others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    So a couple pages back I said they could more because I would love it, but I didn't think people would actually run with it and think of sigur ros as a legit headliner
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  14. #314
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,312

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    And yeah, the Stone Roses. I know.
    I really dont care whether they come back as a headliner, I just want them to close down the main stage for the evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  15. #315
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,312

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    So a couple pages back I said they could more because I would love it, but I didn't think people would actually run with it and think of sigur ros as a legit headliner
    Stone Roses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  16. #316

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    anyone who really knew the stone roses knew that they wouldn't play if they were not healining. at least ian brown wouldnt

  17. #317
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,543

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Justin Timberlake just announced solo arena dates into 2014 without adding more CA dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  18. #318
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    10,094

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    This was the worst conflict set of the weekend - Sigur Ros vs. New Order vs. Phoenix etc. That's the only reason I didn't hit this set. I suspect this was the same for several others as well.
    ya if sigur ros had played sunday i definitely would have seen them. saturday was too packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  19. #319
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,613

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Justin Timberlake just announced solo arena dates into 2014 without adding more CA dates.
    Someone said more dates are still going to be announced. Right now he is just playing markets that were skipped on The Legends Of Summer Tour with Jay-Z.

  20. #320

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Mumford & Sons
    Depeche Mode
    NIN

  21. #321

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by alec111 View Post
    The 2013 lineup dropped mere hours ago. I'd like to (hopefully) be the first to start the 2014 guessing game.

    Let me start with...

    Nine Inch Nails
    Depeche Mode
    Daft Punk
    I could definitely get into that lineup above for headliners!! Some other bands whom i would love to see along them next year are: Clutch, Minus The Bear, MGMT, Bullet For My Valentine, TV On The Radio, Chromeo, Kisses, and Future Islands

    "You don't get these or these by bagging groceries at your local IGA." Wooo

  22. #322

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    GV will repent and make up for last years trash

    Timberlake
    NIN -> Iron Maiden
    Depeche Mode
    Last edited by WhatLies; 05-12-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  23. #323
    Member IlliniQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Early word has The National's latest release as every bit as good as Boxer/Alligator/High Violet.

    They're a lock along with NINs, and fully worthy of the honor.

    48 weeks out, but only one spot is up for grabs for 2014 as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'm hoping for veteran act nobody's talking about...Wilco.

    If National does go...predicting buddies Sharon Van Etten & Sufjan Stevens on bill as well.
    Last edited by IlliniQ; 05-13-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

    Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

    Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

  24. #324

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Depeche Mode
    The National
    Daft Punk

  25. #325

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Early word has The National's latest release as every bit as good as Boxer/Alligator/High Violet.

    They're a lock along with NINs, and fully worthy of the honor.

    48 weeks out, but only one spot is up for grabs for 2014 as far as I'm concerned. Personally I'm hoping for veteran act nobody's talking about...Wilco.

    If National does go...predicting buddies Sharon Van Etten & Sufjan Stevens on bill as well.
    Wilco isn't big enough to headline. Don't get me wrong, they're one of my favorite bands, but they are a 2nd line act for eternity.

    Sufjan would be amazing, but he doesn't like playing festivals so it's unlikely.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  26. #326
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,589

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    The National isn't headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  27. #327
    Member Mr. Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA & Mililani
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    The National into Depeche Mode sounds perfect
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

  28. #328
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,816

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Wilco would/should headline before The National.

    Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  29. #329
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,537

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Wilco would/should headline before The National.

    Discuss.
    Neither are going to be headlining so nothing to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  30. #330

    Default Re: Predict The 2014 Headliners A Year In Advance

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    This was the worst conflict set of the weekend - Sigur Ros vs. New Order vs. Phoenix etc. That's the only reason I didn't hit this set. I suspect this was the same for several others as well.
    Several
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Similar Threads

  1. Predict the 2012 lineup a year in advance
    By Neutral Milk Hotel in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 532
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM
  2. Amount of advance sale tickets for this year?
    By concertgoer in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 05:01 PM
  3. Coachella 2012, 2013, and 2014 headliners
    By TomAz in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM
  5. 3rd year going- must say best headliners yet
    By zenidogx in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •