Thread: Jake Bugg

Arrow Jake Bugg

Everyones a Photographer.

Default Re: Jake Bugg

Really excited for this! Do we know if he will playing with a full band? I saw him opening for Noel Gallagher, and he was fantastic, but it was just him and a guitar. I think it would be a heck of a lot better with a full band.

Jake will probably be the first one I see Fri. Album out today in the U.S FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! GATORADE APPROVED!

Only saw about 5 songs but I thought he was pretty good though. My only question was...Why so serious Jake?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    Only saw about 5 songs but I thought he was pretty good though. My only question was...Why so serious Jake?

kid's only 19...was one of the best early sets..its a shame not many people here are talking about him
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    His set was pretty good, but we were thinking the same thing. He just looks like he hates life and hates playing music and hates me and hates Coachella. My wife says she saw him smile or smirk at his guitarist, but I think she imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    He just looks like he hates life and hates playing music and hates me and hates Coachella.
    I didnt get that impression at all. To me it was more like he just has ice in his veins, totally poised and unphased by the coachella stage. The kids a phenom, music is easy for him.

I thought he just seemed stoned. Pretty decent set though.

I watched an interview done with him before his set and he very plainly stated "I hate festivals. I can't stand them." He rarely smiles though. I think it's just his style. He is someone Roo and Sasquatch don't have too.

His full set is up on YT

Jake was good...just solid in what he does. I don't like all his songs, but live they sound just like on record. He has just inherited the persona of a multitude of great British frontmen. Outspoken, effortlessly cool, charismatic.

"Mumford and Sons just look like posh farmers with banjos to me" - Jake Bugg

I thought he was very good and has a lot of potential as he matures and feels more comfortable. I thought he looked a little overwhelmed, especially with the crowds reaction of excitement during Lightening Bolt at the end.

definitely want to catch lightning bolt. love that damn song.

only caught the last few seconds of him at noel gallegher/snow patrol.

He seemed lethargic but played a good set.

I thought he was just ok. I mean, he sounded great and pretty identical to the record....but yeah, no stage presence or emotion from the kid.

Age 12 - watches episode of Simpsons with Don McLean music and is intrigued. Gets guitar.
    Age14 - decides he likes singing and songwriting, performs at school concert successfully.
    Age 16 - drops out of school, starts performing around town
    Age 17 - plays Glastonbury intro stage, gets signed
    Age 18/9 - debut album #1 in the UK, dating a supermodel, and playing with the Stones in Hyde Park.

This was my friend's (newcomer) favorite set on Friday. I enjoyed it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I enjoyed his set, but lighten up kid. Take it all in, kid seems super miserable and out out to be there (weekend 1).

I've read his ego is massive from Noel being in his ear too much.