Thread: Savages

Default Savages

Read about this band on NME a while back & started obsessing over them & their singer Jehn. So pumped to see this live!
    Husbands

Shut Up

Default Re: Savages

Intriguing. Worth a spot in the playlist, for sure. The lead singer looks like she'd kick my ass if I didn't like the show.

Did someone say Sausages? Oh, Savages...Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Really excited about this. They don't really mesh with the 1pm fuck-my-life-it's-hot set, but it's no coincidence they're blowing up back in the UK. Flying to Berlin is basically just Colony by Joy Division, but they do it really, really well. Better than White Lies or any of the other early afternoon post-punk shit Coachella's slotted in the last 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy restaurant View Post
    Although, I did attend more Slipknot concerts than any person ever really should. I remember once I told their lead singer "This is my 12th Slipknot show!" and he was just like, "Dude. Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by cperkins9027 View Post
    Bring Aoki back next year and let him bring his friends. Open your minds and appreciate what he can do.

They are definitely getting that 1pm 'Fuck, I'm getting to the festival late hopefully I don't have to park too far away' slot. It seems that's reserved for up and coming British pop artists. I think Plan B, Vaccines, Hurts, and Eliza Doolittle have all played at that time in the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Unfortunately I'm familiar with this 1pm 'it's so fucking hot etc...' set & there is no doubt in my mind that Savages has that spot reserved for them, but I'm still pumped for it. They don't even have a proper release & have already garnered a buzz!

Their music is definitely Joy Division worship, but that's exactly the slice of pie I'm after.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by 24hours View Post
    Unfortunately I'm familiar with this 1pm 'it's so fucking hot etc...' set & there is no doubt in my mind that Savages has that spot reserved for them, but I'm still pumped for it. They don't even have a proper release & have already garnered a buzz!

Their music is definitely Joy Division worship, but that's exactly the slice of pie I'm after.
    She's like an Ian Curtis and Patti Smith slaughterhouse laying down slabs of raw emotion like a butcher prepares freshly killed lean baby lamb -- just like all my ex-girlfriends took advantage and layed my perseived sexual inadequacy and dependency.

I really badly hope this closes down the Gobi after Sigur Ros closes the outdoor. Please make this happen O mighty Gods of Coachella.
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 02-02-2013 at 02:46 AM.

I wish the schedule would come out. I want to see this band .....
    Last edited by canexplain; 04-08-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

fuck.
    yes!

They are almost certainly going to play in the first or second slot in the Mojave on their day Friday - the Hurts/Vaccines/Joy Formidable/Plan B/Eliza Doolittle slot
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Fuck I need to get there earlier this year, I missed The Vaccines last year due to unexpected parking shenanigans and I don't want that to happen with this band.

FUCKING SHITTTTTT I'M SO STOKED FOR THIS!
    Gonna try catching their set at The Echo this Thursday!
    Anyone going?

This was one of the best sets I saw all weekend, and I'm fairly confident these ladies will be a Big Deal by this time next year. I also briefly met Jehnny Beth after The Make-Up and she was super friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

i enjoyed their set. ladies are fierce!

Their set was pretty spectacular. They had tons of energy and played great. I also appreciated the later time slot because there was no way I was going to get there by 1pm. If you are a fan of JD/Siouxie I would definitely check them out.

Your guys' reviews are getting me really excited for this live & that full length they'll be releasing soon!

Their bassist is what makes this band so great. Can't wait to see them again this weekend

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

PUMPED
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Their bassist is what makes this band so great. Can't wait to see them again this weekend
    Their drummer & singer ain't too shabby, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No way. Fay Milton

This set was absolutely incredible. I was both floored and emotionally drained after the set. i cannot wait for the album.

I saw the drummer and bassist walking around during The Make-Up's set and I stopped them and told them how much I enjoyed their set. They were both very sweet and very grateful.

Anyways, weekend 2r's, do not miss this set.

Agreed. All members brought it. Lead guitarist was one of the best of the weekend. They will play a bigger stage some day soon.