Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Order

Default Re: New Order

Quote Originally Posted by Roland303 View Post
    I happened to hear Bernard say something about falling on his ass? Sand on the stage? I didn't see anything on the feed, can anyone confirm what happened?
    He fell.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I'll take a crack at a quote but it's an approximation, "If I were from America, I'd sue someone. But... I'm from Great Britain". He kvetched about the sand onstage for a bit after his near fall (he didn't go down hard or anything). It seemed like Coachella staff or band crew weren't well prepared for the effects of a wind storm.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I took it as him saying you should expect more out of festival promoters in America.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I've wanted to see New Order since the 70s. My dream has come true. They were my #1 for the weekend.
    Right on! Me too! But ill be watching them this weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Thanks man. For us W2'ers, if you want to get close do you pretty much have to be there for FF and move up? Or would you have time to check out another set like Janelle Monae?
    There was not a ton of overlap between the crowds, surprisingly. I jumped in the middle of the mojave just as FF was closing and walked up to about 10' from the stage with minimal effort. Once there though, it started filling in fast. If you want to get a good spot, you'll probably have to miss Janelle.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

this set was fucking incredible. they sounded a little shaky (not sure if it was bernard or the mic, but his vocals kept cutting/going quiet) during crystal, but once they started into BLT they were fucking fire. also, 586! one of many awesome dance parties in the mojave for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

When did New Order's set end? 1:00 or more like 12:30?
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Not questioning the suggestion to see Sigur Ros. Bad conflict and I am sorry I missed them. But I have also seen New Order before. If you were bored during this set, it was your own fault, nothing to do with New Order. They were outstanding in their slot and the set list was great.
    I'm happy that people liked it, I'm not suggesting that anyone shouldn't have. Everyone around me was all smiles. I enjoyed most of what I saw. Just after awhile it stopped clicking and I was getting preoccupied with the other things I was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    When did New Order's set end? 1:00 or more like 12:30?
    12:55am. It went on for 81 minutes according to my recording. Longer than either Blur or Stone Roses in fact.

New Order should have probably headlined Friday with the Roses in the Mojave. Not sure if they drew more than Suede; seems like you could have easily fit their crowd in the Mojave.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

I only caught the encore because my friend insisted I accompany him to the lockers after a few Sigur Ros songs. I was pretty pissed because I wanted to hear actual New Order over Joy Division sans Ian Curtis. Since I couldn't make the Santa Barbara show even if there's still tickets...I'm contemplating trying to go again, Saturday only. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

they were great. wish i stayed for the joy division songs but I was pretty satisfied. Hoping to see them again sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    12:55am. It went on for 81 minutes according to my recording. Longer than either Blur or Stone Roses in fact.
    And definitely longer than Nick Cave who, I believe, only clocked in a set of 45 minutes. Nick was incredible but failed miserably on that count. Bernard started off New Order's set by announcing they were there to rock. And then they did. And they kept playing till most everyone got it. Terrific times and I'm still buzzing from it.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Lurker

Red face Re: New Order and My Missed Connection...

To the pretty English boy I danced with during the New Order encore: I only got a taste of honey but I wanted the whole bee hive. Hit me up!

Yes, New Order was my favorite of the weekend. I saw lots of great acts, but to hear Joy Division songs live and beautiful at Coachella is other worldly.

They were my #1 forth whole weekend. I was blown away and had quite a few of those magical coachella moments when I looked around. I will most likely see them again weekend 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

They had a great set. It just got better and better as time went on and Bernard loosened up after he fell.

Jesus, how did I not know how awesome they were live? Easily a top-3 set of the weekend. The only thing that sucked was they were on during Phoenix so I had to miss the end to accommodate my girlfriend and friend who wanted to catch their set. At least I got to see that weird R Kelly collab.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    My favorite of the weekend. I completely lost it during Temptation. I haven't lost my shit at a show in years.
    Definitely the stand out track for me as well...I've heard it live in 93, in 2012, but the Coachella 2013 edition was by far the best. They cranked up the guitars and and that pulsating synth sample that the Chemical Bros. use in Star Guitar...could have gone all night. So fuckin good!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland303 View Post
    I happened to hear Bernard say something about falling on his ass? Sand on the stage? I didn't see anything on the feed, can anyone confirm what happened?
    I'm pretty tall and we were really close so i got a good view of the fall. He was back peddling while playing the guitar and slipped on some sand that was on the stage due to the strong winds. It was like in slow motion but im glad to see that he was ok and that they had a replacement guitar ready to go.

There were a ton of things that went wrong during the set including the fall like the guitar players electric drum set falling over mid song and the tech crews misplacing the mic for Blue Monday, forcing Bernard to run back stage to grab it. Glad that they worked through the issues though because that set was awesome.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Guess I'm in the minority when I say New Order was disappointing. The vocals were not good - it seemed like he was out of shape both vocally and physically. It was very distracting and I left 1/2 way through the set. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    Guess I'm in the minority when I say New Order was disappointing. The vocals were not good - it seemed like he was out of shape both vocally and physically. It was very distracting and I left 1/2 way through the set. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend.
    Yes, it was disappointing. I stayed through the whole set because I'm a fan but New Order show at Greek Theater last year was so much better. Perhaps they were getting tired from all the show. Sound mixing was off also.

New Order was my Best of the Fest. I don't care what anyone says. I LOVE THEM!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I seen you on the video monitor and sent my physical therapist over for you when it ended, but you were gone.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

I sang so much my voice was hoarse on Sunday.
    "This is like The Shawshank Redemption, only with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption." - Malcolm Tucker

Someone help me find a reasonable way to see them next Saturday. I can't go to the SB Bowl show. It's really eating at me that I missed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Default Re: New Order and My Missed Connection...

Quote Originally Posted by hotpantsdiva View Post
    To the pretty English boy I danced with during the New Order encore: I only got a taste of honey but I wanted the whole bee hive. Hit me up!
    'Ello dahling. Fancy a shag, do we?

For all going weekend 2.....DO NOT MISS New Order!! I regret leaving 1/2 way through to go see Sigur Ros, even though Sigur Ros were fucking brilliant. BLT into True Faith with videos was one of the best trippy videos + matching performances I've seen since Ratatat 2011.

cOACHELLA 2013 New Order.jpg

I saw them do most of Blue Monday and Temptation. Glorious! I decided to divide up the 4 bands I wanted to see at the same time. I also got to see Phoenix, Sigur Ros, and Booka Shade in bits and pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Lurker

They played right up to 1am. It was a great set, better, I think, then when I saw them in 90. I too was hoarse from singing. And it was easy to get up close as most of the FF fans cleared out.

Was anyone around the dude that had a seizure towards the front side of the stage? He was about 10 feet in front of us and just fell to the floor. People started yelling for medics but they were mistaken for cheers. Dude next to me was messing around with a bullhorn until I told him to use it to call a medic. He didn't believe me at first until he saw the dude convulsing on the ground.