Thread: New Order

Default Re: New Order

Ugh fuck.
    anything could happen

Uncrowded mojave dance party? I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    Can i just say, i kinda hate Blue Monday.

Other than that, set looks awesomeee.
    Ha. I've always felt that way. I don't understand that song. I've tried and tried.

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    Seriously, Sumner's voice doesn't do the JD songs much service. I suppose it's his way of doing a big fuck you to Hooky for doing those JD tours these last couple of years.
    Somehow I did not feel like the band was thinking about Mr Hook when I saw them in the fall. I didn't miss him. Maybe that is why they were in such better moods on stage than they used to be?

So, judging by the start time would it be safe to assume were are going to get an 85 min set? Really hoping we do.

Saw New Order last night in Las Vegas. There were some sound issues at first and it started off kind of dry but overall it was an absolutely amazing show. At the end before the encore they played Bizarre Love Triangle, 5 8 6, True Faith ,The Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday and Temptation all in a damn row. I can honestly say during those 5 songs it was the most fun and the most happiness i've felt at any concert in my life. I've never been moved to dance like that. Then they came back and played 3 very loud JD songs. IT was incredible. When they play their dance tracks and it is a just a massive party.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Saw New Order last night in Las Vegas. There were some sound issues at first and it started off kind of dry but overall it was an absolutely amazing show. At the end before the encore they played Bizarre Love Triangle, 5 8 6, True Faith ,The Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday and Temptation all in a damn row. I can honestly say during those 5 songs it was the most fun and the most happiness i've felt at any concert in my life. I've never been moved to dance like that. Then they came back and played 3 very loud JD songs. IT was incredible. When they play their dance tracks and it is a just a massive party.
    They need to loose Elegia as there opener throw something else in there. Surprised to see World on the set list?

The burning question I have is did Bernard come out and do getting away with it with Johnny Marr????
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Roland303 View Post
    They need to loose Elegia as there opener throw something else in there. Surprised to see World on the set list?

The burning question I have is did Bernard come out and do getting away with it with Johnny Marr????
    Nope. I was hoping for a sumner / marr colab but it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Really? I've never really had that problem. The Pixies sounded fantastic when I saw them there I think in 2010. What Bay Area venues do you think have good sound?
    i like the mezzanine in sf!

the greek could be nice...

i also like the independent when the crowd has good energy

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-or...-7bd8d618.html

So here's the weekend 1 setlist. Looks great but no Age of Consent.... Really hoping we get that one next weekend.

So folks who saw New Order, how packed was the Mojave?

That is a pretty perfect set list, I'll give them that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

It was glorious.

I was sure Blur/Stone Roses would remain my top acts of the weekend with only Nick Cave left to trump em. But New Order proved me wrong. The crusty Brits showed up and killed it. And the song selection was a crazy mix of great NO songs and amazing versions of Joy Division songs. Unreal.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    So folks who saw New Order, how packed was the Mojave?
    I was up close at front and it was packed. I was to the right of the new "guest area" rail in the center about 6-7 people back. After Phoenix/SR started the crowd thinned out. I went to the back center (maybe 2/3 back) after dancing for pretty much 30 straight minutes and there was enough space to dance, sit down, whatever.

Also, I take back everything I said about them playing the Mojave. Their set was probably my second favorite of the weekend and they played at least 80 minutes with a two song encore (atmosphere and love will tear us apart). By the time I was walking to the exit, Phoenix was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

5 8 6 instead of, say, Age of Consent or Sub-Culture just seems bizarre but w/e. Great setlist nonetheless. Makes it even more heartbreaking that I'll probably never see them live at this point.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Anyone else catch the dick move by Bernard (Singer) near the end of Blue Monday? He overtook the keyboards pushing Gillian (keyboardist) aside.
    Such an awkward interaction between Gillian and Bernard.
    Go back to singing and doing your white mans dance Bernard! and leave the keyboards to the keyboardist.

What? He always does that. I think he was just being cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    I was up close at front and it was packed. I was to the right of the new "guest area" rail in the center about 6-7 people back. After Phoenix/SR started the crowd thinned out. I went to the back center (maybe 2/3 back) after dancing for pretty much 30 straight minutes and there was enough space to dance, sit down, whatever.

Also, I take back everything I said about them playing the Mojave. Their set was probably my second favorite of the weekend and they played at least 80 minutes with a two song encore (atmosphere and love will tear us apart). By the time I was walking to the exit, Phoenix was over.
    Thanks man. For us W2'ers, if you want to get close do you pretty much have to be there for FF and move up? Or would you have time to check out another set like Janelle Monae?

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Thanks man. For us W2'ers, if you want to get close do you pretty much have to be there for FF and move up? Or would you have time to check out another set like Janelle Monae?
    Give yourself a decent 15-20 mins if you want to be center close. Good news is they brought plenty of awesome visuals and both the Gobi and Mojave sound better a little bit further back. You need room to dance anyway. Don't show up on top of show time though. It did get fairly crowded.

Best set of weekend 1, and it won't be different weekend 2 because... well because it's New Order. They do what they do better than anyone.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I love New Order but I got bored during this set and left during Blue Monday for Booka Shade. It was just the same old songs I've heard a million times. Maybe if I had never seen them before it would have been more impressive. If I was doing W2 I'd do Sigur Ros instead.

My favorite of the weekend. I completely lost it during Temptation. I haven't lost my shit at a show in years.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    That is a pretty perfect set list, I'll give them that.
    Nearly.

I would gladly trade one or two of the JD songs for Love Vigilantes or Age of Consent.

Get there early because it was packed. I don't recall much of an exodus after Franz.

i just got mothafuckin chills reading that setlist, so stoked for this weekend! that encore will be so awesome.

I've wanted to see New Order since the 70s. My dream has come true. They were my #1 for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I've wanted to see New Order since the 70s. My dream has come true. They were my #1 for the weekend.
    uhhh didn't new order come together in like 1980? (i think.. . ?)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I love New Order but I got bored during this set and left during Blue Monday for Booka Shade. It was just the same old songs I've heard a million times. Maybe if I had never seen them before it would have been more impressive. If I was doing W2 I'd do Sigur Ros instead.
    Not questioning the suggestion to see Sigur Ros. Bad conflict and I am sorry I missed them. But I have also seen New Order before. If you were bored during this set, it was your own fault, nothing to do with New Order. They were outstanding in their slot and the set list was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin100 View Post
    Anyone else catch the dick move by Bernard (Singer) near the end of Blue Monday? He overtook the keyboards pushing Gillian (keyboardist) aside.
    Such an awkward interaction between Gillian and Bernard.
    Go back to singing and doing your white mans dance Bernard! and leave the keyboards to the keyboardist.
    He played keyboard in Joy Division.

I happened to hear Bernard say something about falling on his ass? Sand on the stage? I didn't see anything on the feed, can anyone confirm what happened?
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

These guys have contributed to the soundtrack of my life. You couldn't have ask for anything better from a older band. I've seen plenty of bands that have not been able to stay in the same shape.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.