Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

Default Re: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    I was...expected to see something really cool and instead it was just a silly, nerdy Dungeons and Dragons Costume Party with lots of ambient smoke, repetitive tunes, and little crowd interaction.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of Fever Ray's stuff and it wasn't a bad show, but it kills me every time I recall that I skipped all but the last 15 minutes of PILs 10x better show on the outdoor to see that Fever Ray set.

Probably the biggest wrong call I've ever made in all my years of dealing with Coachella Conflicts, other than going with Black Keys over M83 last year.
    sounds like you're were grossly misinformed about what to expect from their stage show.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Thanks for validating my statement.

Having McCartney and Bjork certainly would help in some eyes, but Bjork, like RHCP, would be a three-time headliner and McCartney headlined four years ago and would be back to play what? The same set? There would still be plenty of people bitching about the headliners.

I am not going to argue the legitimacy of three questionable headliners and one lazy choice, because I agree with the general consensus. But I don't go for the sole purpose of seeing the headliners. I agree that some bigger and / or better headliners would put this lineup over the top, but I am making the choice to observe what I DO like about the lineup and there is plenty for me to be happy about.
    How many people saw Paul in 09 and are going to be there in 2013? Same with Bjork. The only people bitching would be a few people on this board about Bjork, cause I'm pretty sure everyone would be down for Paul again. But then again who knows with these people...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Theez Psole?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    GV will be rolling in cash with all the savings on budgetchella headliners this year. Unless they have something of a David Bowie nature planned.
    I spoke to David Bowies guitar player earl slick at namm yesterday. He said coachella probably isn't going to happen and that I'd "probably have to fly to England for that."

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    How many people saw Paul in 09 and are going to be there in 2013? Same with Bjork. The only people bitching would be a few people on this board about Bjork, cause I'm pretty sure everyone would be down for Paul again. But then again who knows with these people...
    The history of this board will indicate that there is a massive amount of bitching about the lineup every single year after it is released. No exceptions.

2004 on the board was pure excitement.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    The worst part about 2004 was after I left the festival that year. I knew it could never be topped...

Until 2008 of course and we all know how the reaction was to the line up that year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

2004, 2006, 2012, 2010 > 2008, 2013
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

2008 is still my favorite year.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Radiohead was disappointing? People who think this probably just had a problem with the setlist. Not gonna lie though it was pretty average compared to the shows I saw at camden, and 'roo

Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Thrilled that there is not a lot of crappy Djs (David Guetta anyone?), tired old hip hop, or shitty pop pretenders (thank god Timberlake wasn't invited). This lineup actually feels to me like GV takes its mission seriously: good music, for all times...

**applaud**
    2010 / 2011 / 2012 (Wkd 1) / 2013*

http://www.last.fm/user/bea_afraid

Sorry... I know that is late, but I felt it was worth acknowledging.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Undercard is great every year. Headliners fluctuate. The quality of the headliners can make the difference between a good festival and a fucking fantastic one. People that pay a couple grand to attend and commit to a ticket a year in advance want to be blown away and want fucking fantastic, and GV has delivered that enough times to reasonably expect it.

Bitching and moaning about shit headliners doesn't equate to saying Coachella is going to be awful. It just means the ceiling on the festival potential has been lowered, and that's a legitimate gripe.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Thee Oh Sees - 11/11 - Hotel Vegas
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    No nobody went for Roger Waters, Prince, or Macca. It was all about the undercard. Thats like the new hipster catch phrase "The undercard is stacked and thats what really matters. The lineup is o.k this year but its definitely lacking some kind of wow factor.
    People certainly did go for Waters, Prince, and McCartney, shore. But ... hell, i'm out on the polo fields at 1pm on Friday, because a huge part of the joy of the festival is seeing the really good small bands that don't draw a large crowd; a big part of the reason i'll pay the price to go is because i get to see 8-10 bands a day and enjoy each of them. So, yeah, the 'undercard' matters a lot more to me than the headliners do, because i'm going to spend more of my time watching, listening, and dancing to the undercard.

Is that a hipster thing? Maybe, particularly if I were snooty about it; but i'm too much of a hippie for that. some people want the big headliners. That's their thing. maybe this year is a reason to be unhappy. *shrug* but if that's not your thing, then this is a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    they forced everyone to buy a ticket last year
    *forced*?

If you buy a ticket on speculation, then you're saying that you value the benefit of having a ticket in hand more than you value the risk that you won't like the lineup. Where's the force here?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Given the line up, wouldn't you think that it will draw a completely different crowd then previous years?
    Only to the extent that the problematic crowd waited until after the lineup announcement to buy, decided to resell the tickets they bought on presale, or just bailed on it entirely.

Hope.

Headliners are turds..... GV dropped the fucking ball. Fuck Coachella. Later fuck wits and hipster ass-cunts. Coachella, Hahahahaa!! Popfest/Wannabe Indie artists crying for attention like a crack starved whore screams for cock. Joke. Feel horrible for talking my friends into this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Bonnaroo is getting Bjork and Macca. Expect people here to bitch about Coachella not getting them this year when the lineup comes out.
    Come on! We get James

Quote Originally Posted by theStank View Post
    Headliners are turds..... GV dropped the fucking ball. Fuck Coachella. Later fuck wits and hipster ass-cunts. Coachella, Hahahahaa!! Popfest/Wannabe Indie artists crying for attention like a crack starved whore screams for cock. Joke. Feel horrible for talking my friends into this shit.
    Which bands wouldn't be especially ass-cunty?
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

No, you made the right choice with Black Keys over M83.
    As an avid M83 fan and new album hater I'd say that the set was actually pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Pretty much.
    You guys can read the thread title right? This one is called, "This Lineup Sucks Coachella Can Suck It," not, "These Headliners Suck But That Doesn't Mean I Dislike The Rest Of The Lineup."

I mean, derp. de derpity derpity derp.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella should just have booked some of the bands playing at the Canyon Club in Agoura:

With Blur headlining, I don't see why Toad the Wet Sprocket, Berlin, or even the Fantastic Diamond couldn't headline.

http://www.canyonclub.net/html/schedule.html

Last edited by still_lurking; 01-26-2013 at 08:53 PM.

The lineup should be re-shuffled:

Divine Fits/Modest Mouse/Band of Horses should be playing on Sunday...that would fix everything for me.

The lineup is great, but the days and font sizes are all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    Coachella should just have booked some of the bands playing at the Canyon Club in Agoura:

With Blur headlining, I don't see why Toad the Wet Sprocket, Berlin, or even the Fantastic Diamond couldn't headline.

http://www.canyonclub.net/html/schedule.html

$100 for the Aaron Carter VIP Meet & Greet Experience? Fucking bargain.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    People certainly did go for Waters, Prince, and McCartney, shore. But ... hell, i'm out on the polo fields at 1pm on Friday, because a huge part of the joy of the festival is seeing the really good small bands that don't draw a large crowd; a big part of the reason i'll pay the price to go is because i get to see 8-10 bands a day and enjoy each of them. So, yeah, the 'undercard' matters a lot more to me than the headliners do, because i'm going to spend more of my time watching, listening, and dancing to the undercard.

Is that a hipster thing? Maybe, particularly if I were snooty about it; but i'm too much of a hippie for that. some people want the big headliners. That's their thing. maybe this year is a reason to be unhappy. *shrug* but if that's not your thing, then this is a good year.
    Well said. I'm buying you a beer my friend.

If you think the lineup sucks, don't go.

Fly wherever in the world that the band(s) and/or DJ(s) you dream of seeing are playing.

Wanna show Coachella your dissatisfaction? Don't spend a single dollar on this event.

Pull out those credit cards and book Glastonbury, Ultra, Redding, or whatever suits you’re fancy. There have been plenty of people on this board who have done just that and without making a big issue about it.

Move on, let go, and take a step past Monday morning.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

No, you made the right choice with Black Keys over M83.
    You can read the thread title right? This one is called, "This Lineup Sucks Coachella Can Suck It," not, "Was The Black Keys Better Than M83 Last Year?"

You can read the thread title right? This one is called, "This Lineup Sucks Coachella Can Suck It," not, "Hey, I Wonder What The Board Was Like in 2004?"

Quote Originally Posted by theStank View Post
    I feel horrible for your friends too.