Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

Default Re: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I know for a fact a headliner negotiation didn't work out. I'm assuming the RHCP were always the backup plan.
    Any idea who the headliner was?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Any idea who the headliner was?
    sir, clearly you haven't paid attention to the current news stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    Um didn't RHCP headline Bonnaroo last year? Since when does Coachella stand for sloppy seconds? And they're finishing off a world tour... Coachella is getting the crusty leftovers of what RHCP used to be. From everything I've heard about their show, they're tired and just going through the motions... Would be a really shitty note to end Coachella on.

The undercard is amazing - so many great acts across many genres. A few too many 'has beens' for my taste, music should be still relevant. My initial reaction was to sell my tickets. But upon further inspection, I have come to appreciate the line-up. And given just how shitty all the headliners are, I have to think that there might be some adds. What better then to originally disappoint even when essentially sold out and then really build the hype by adding to the line-up or inviting some surprise guests. The value of the Coachella brand would soar. Hell, even with the crappy headliners, look at the popularity. I have faith that Goldenvoice will live up to the standard they have set; perhaps this year it will come in the form of all the other acts at Coachella - not the headlining shows? Can't wait for April!
    arcade fire and the strokes headlined coachella the year after headlining lollapalooza.

kings of leon headlined bonnaroo in 2010, the black keys played everything before headlining last year.

it's not the first time and it won't be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You dont see my point. I think the lineup is great for indie rock lovers. If coachella is going back to a more indie rock theme, that is fine.

The presale this year was massive in the wake of swedish house mafia, radiohead, and a tupac hologram. Now you have ticket holders that dont even know who blur is.... Kinda fucked up imo. If they were going to change themes, why did they force a presale? You are telling me the presale wasnt a cash grab trying to score on the hype from last year?

My other point is that i would not pay 380$ for these undercards. Sigor ros is costing me 15$ and i wont be dealing with do-lab sound bleed. If you think this ticket an the experience is worth it, good for you.
    Last edited by grannock; 01-25-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

in what venue does Sigur Ros cost you $15? Especially in NYC?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

it really sucks too, because now you have a product absolutely no one would buy off you because it's just that shitty. i'm going to start an indiegogo campaign and walkathon in your poor, devasted honour.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    You dont see my point. I think the lineup is great for indie rock lovers. If coachella is going back to a more indie rock theme, that is fine.

The presale this year was massive in the wake of swedish house mafia, radiohead, and a tupac hologram. Now you have ticket holders that dont even know who blur is.... Kinda fucked up imo. If they were going to change themes, why did they force a presale? You are telling me the presale wasnt a cash grab trying to score on the hype from last year?

My other point is that i would not pay 380$ for these undercards. Sigor ros is costing me 15$ and i wont be dealing with do-lab sound bleed. If you think this ticket an the experience is worth it, good for you.
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever read. Was last year your first year going? They don't HAVE to book the same types of artists each year nor did they "force" a presale. The demand for tickets has been so great the past few years that they do a presale, but that is by no means FORCING you to buy a ticket then. Simple fact is that 2012's presale was more "massive" than this years ... if you remember they didn't limit the # of tickets that went on sale in Summer '11 and W1 was basically already sold out. They specifically limited this years presale tickets so that there would be more available during the regular sale.

So yea, I'm specifically calling you out and saying that no, the presale was NOT a grab for money after last year's mainstream EDM heavy line up. They have been doing a presale for years (just not always in the summer before) and this past years was nothing more than them continuing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    in what venue does Sigur Ros cost you $15? Especially in NYC?
    Floor tickets in boston might have been 20$ a peice, pretty sure it was 8 for 120$. This show womt even sell out, you could easily score 15-25$ tickets from a broker a few days before the show.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.
    Clearly you have not read grannock's other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

VigoTheCarpathian

Holy Shit is Granock giving a lecture! Grannock hahahahaha you're too much dude. give up

To be clear RHCP headlined bonnaroo, lolla AND ACL last year

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    So yea, I'm specifically calling you out and saying that no, the presale was NOT a grab for money after last year's mainstream EDM heavy line up. They have been doing a presale for years (just not always in the summer before) and this past years was nothing more than them continuing with that.
    Yes, but this year's pre-sale sold out for the first time ever; in 2011 the pre-sale tickets went on for over a week. Sorry but I have to agree with grannock about the shift of headliners. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot; their pre-sales for 2014 will not be as popular. They have built up a brand of being a festival that gets at least one headliner per year that no one else has. They brought Dre out of retirement. Yes, there is lots of crossover between festivals KOL, The Black Keys, etc. But RHCP are finishing a tour where they have literally gone everywhere. There is nothing unique or catching about them closing out the festival. I was hoping for some hype around the Sunday closer; having attended 2010 (Gorillaz) and 2012 (Dre, Snoop & friends). I agree that the entire festival is about more than just the headliners, but I was really hoping that GV would live up the hype that they have created.

I think it's a stacked line-up. Lots of shows to see and almost certainly some that I'll have to miss due to conflicts. Part of what makes Coachella magical for me is it's uniqueness and the line-up this year feels like it's lacking that. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    If any of you are unsatisfied and would like to dish a Weekend 1 ticket at face value, PM me. Cheers.
    love

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    Yes, but this year's pre-sale sold out for the first time ever; in 2011 the pre-sale tickets went on for over a week.
    how many years do you think they've been doing pre-sale like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Why would you want the same festival experience year after year? Why wouldn't you want your musical tastes to be challenged? Music is a growing thing and your tastes should grow along with it. Coachella has always been about bringing a new experience (save for maybe last year). I know I started this thread to get a conversation going, but Grannock you sound like an imbecile.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chaz86 View Post
    Since when was it just about the headliners ass hats? That seems to be the only thing you can complain about.
    The people complaining are probably the ones who get to the Polo Fields at 8pm and just come in to see the last 3-4 bands of the night. Just take a look at the Facebook page and all the hate over there. Especially from those who "expected" Daft Punk because it was on some fake poster somewhere.

This will be my 9th Coachella and it's definitely one of the best lineups I've seen. And no, I don't usually care about the headliners anyway because there are plenty of other acts to see throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    how many years do you think they've been doing pre-sale like this?
    2009 was the first year they did layaway. 2011/2012 were the earliest pre-sales took place. 2011 pre-sales went on for a week, then they closed it. 2012 pre-sales sold out in a couple hours.
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I know I started this thread to get a conversation going, but Grannock you sound like an imbecile.
    That's because he is. He is one of the folks on here who will never be satisfied with anything GV does with Coachella because he had a bad experience in 2010.

Why would you want the same festival experience year after year? Why wouldn't you want your musical tastes to be challenged? Music is a growing thing and your tastes should grow along with it. Coachella has always been about bringing a new experience (save for maybe last year). I know I started this thread to get a conversation going, but Grannock you sound like an imbecile.
    Sure, I don't mind my musical tastes being challenged, and by challenged you mean budget headliners, that's great, but I expect budget ticket prices then in return.

Budgetchella '13 will be a blast, an overpriced blast, but I'll have a good time. Nobody has much issue with Friday/Saturday headlining acts themselves, the issue is they deserve sub-headliner status, not headliner status.

Where's iamamiwhoami ??
    LAME

Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    Sure, I don't mind my musical tastes being challenged, and by challenged you mean budget headliners, that's great, but I expect budget ticket prices then in return.

Budgetchella '13 will be a blast, an overpriced blast, but I'll have a good time. Nobody has much issue with Friday/Saturday headlining acts themselves, the issue is they deserve sub-headliner status, not headliner status.
    This!

No John Talabot or Deerhunter, or MBV, or Liars, or The Knife... thus I just bought a ticket for Primavera.

I was on the fence for trying to do both, but last night I said fuck it a decided to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post

I don't know... I mean you really can't get the Coachella experience at any other fest. I haven't felt it and I have been all over the world for fests. Let's say every band you see is worth about $15 in ticket prices. Add another $$30 bucks or so for venue setting, accommodations, food, etc all weekend long. and I think you are pretty much at your cost for your ticket, right? I know I see about 30+ acts every year give or take.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by beetleguise View Post
    I second this.

worst coachella ever. don't even want to go anymore.
    Fucking seriously.

I don't know... I mean you really can't get the Coachella experience at any other fest. I haven't felt it and I have been all over the world for fests. Let's say every band you see is worth about $15 in ticket prices. Add another $5 bucks or so for venue setting, accommodations, food, etc and I think you are pretty much at your cost for your ticket, right? I know I see about 30+ acts every year give or take.
    What a shitty way to rationalize the shitty lineup and expensive tickets.

See you all at Outside Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleguise View Post
    I second this.

worst coachella ever. don't even want to go anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

Quote Originally Posted by DJroomba View Post
    I like Encinitas but you're tard.

There's so much bullshit rationalization going on in this thread. The headliners suck, plain and simple. The bands themselves don't suck, but they don't deserve headliner status. And the only legitimate headliner, RHCP, are washed up and no one wants to see them. Of course the headliners matter. If they didn't, why are they listed first, on their own line, in the boldest font? Why not just list everyone alphabetical order? Headliners get 2+ hour sets. No one wants to see 2 hours of shit that they don't know or don't care about. Yeah the undercard is pretty great like always, but the headliners are ugly.

Coachella 2013 is officially a Butterface.

The "Coachella experience" isn't what it used to be. I could probably tolerate an average line-up like this one if the crowds weren't so awful.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

not impressed? go to this instead.

734370_4449589078058_729199706_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.