Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

old school

Default Re: This Lineup Sucks. Coachella Can Suck It!

Quote Originally Posted by loomer View Post
    This lineup is god awful. The Knife? Fiona Apple? Atoms for Peace? Swans? MBV? GV really couldn't get any of them?
    Yup my sentiments exactly.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by chaz86 View Post
    But how is it something to complain about if it keeps many many people away from someone else you want to see?
    How is having shitty headliners going to keep people away from other stages?

I wish Jack Johnson or The Killers would headline instead of Red Hot Chili Peppers....GOD!
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Aside from the fairly low-key headliners (and I agree with the criticism of RHCP, I'm guessing someone big dropped out and they had to fill that spot at the last minute), this is a pretty good lineup. While Blur/Stone Roses and Phoenix are not exactly a big deal, they're all solid acts. And the undercard is really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    How is having shitty headliners going to keep people away from other stages?
    There are going to be more people in the tents at night than ever before.
    My Arcade Fire Brooklyn review
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13
    Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

atoms for peace would have been the perfect sunday headliner. and they already got flea there.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

I looooooove seeing this lineup hate. Aside from no D'angelo and no Fiona I can't get mad at this lineup. Yes the headliners are whatever but who fucking goes for the headliners.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyPrecedent View Post
    I wish Jack Johnson or The Killers would headline instead of Red Hot Chili Peppers....GOD!
    all the same level of blah

Stone Roses/Blur- I love that headline on Friday. Sigur Ros is playing Saturday. I never got the RHCP but don't have a problem with them. I got Nick Cave that night anyway. Great overall line up. Early plans before conflicts crush

Stone Roses
    Blur
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Lou Reed
    Grinderman
    How To Destroy Angels
    Passion Pit
    Metric
    Japandroids
    Jello Biafra
    Purity Ring
    Phoenix
    The xx
    Postal Service
    Sigur Ros
    New Order
    Grizzly Bear
    Descendants
    Franz Ferdinand
    Violent Femmes
    Spiritualized
    Puscifer
    Bat For Lashes
    FOALS
    Dropkick Murphys
    Wild Nothing
    Kurt Vile
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Social D
    Tame Impala
    The Lumineers
    Dead Can Dance
    James Blake
    Grimes
    The Faint
    Dinosaur Jr
    The Three O'Clock
    Cloud Nothings
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 01-24-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by loomer View Post
    This lineup is god awful. The Knife? Fiona Apple? Atoms for Peace? Swans? MBV? GV really couldn't get any of them?
    MBV played a few years back. Sorry if you missed it. We have a ton of other good shit to see.... same for AFP...plus we had radiohead last year.

The Knife? They don't start their tour till after coach. If you didn't see this comming then I don't know what to tell you....

The line up is rock solid. Sorry if those 5 acts aren't on it. You basically just picked 5 acts that aren't on the bill and said the lineup is shitty for it. Oh fuck how come the stones aren't playing! Oh fuck how come Titus isn't on it. Let's start listing all the good music that isn't on the lineup. Idiot
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 01-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.

old school

No nobody went for Roger Waters, Prince, or Macca. It was all about the undercard. Thats like the new hipster catch phrase "The undercard is stacked and thats what really matters. The lineup is o.k this year but its definitely lacking some kind of wow factor.

want to know who goes for the headliners? Check out the meltdown at facebook.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

I was super sad that Daft Punk isn't going. But then again, I don't even think they are close to finishing their new album soon anyway (or if they are even making an album at all).

But I'm happy RHCP is going. Day 2 also looks amazing! I think Coachella is cutting back on electronica this year, as opposed to 2012. A bit bummed about that ;(

P.S. I'm still crying over Daft Punk on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    MBV played a few years back. Sorry if you missed it. We have a ton of other good shit to see.... same for AFP...plus we had radiohead last year.

The Knife? They don't start their tour till after coach. If you didn't see this comming then I don't know what to tell you....

The line up is rock solid. Sorry if those 5 acts aren't on it. You basically just picked 5 acts that aren't on the bill and said the lineup is shitty for it. Oh fuck how come the stones aren't playing! Oh fuck how come Titus isn't on it. Let's start listing all the good music that isn't on the lineup. Idiot
    What are you even trying to say here? Have fun.

old school

Its gonna be a buyers market this year for tickets I bet.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    want to know who goes for the headliners?
    People who say 'Macca.'

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    I looooooove seeing this lineup hate. Aside from no D'angelo and no Fiona I can't get mad at this lineup. Yes the headliners are whatever but who fucking goes for the headliners.
    apparently everyone on their facebook page does lol
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Its gonna be a buyers market this year for tickets I bet.
    Yes! And a better crowed of people in years.

So wait. NO repeats from last year?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Stone Roses/Blur- I love that headline on Friday. Sigur Ros is playing Saturday. I never got the RHCP but don't have a problem with them. I got Nick Cave that night anyway. Great overall line up. Early plans before conflicts crush

Stone Roses
    Blur
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Lou Reed
    Grinderman
    How To Destroy Angels
    Passion Pit
    Metric
    Japandroids
    Jello Biafra
    Purity Ring
    Phoenix
    The xx
    Postal Service
    Sigur Ros
    New Order
    Grizzly Bear
    Descendants
    Franz Ferdinand
    Violent Femmes
    Spiritualized
    Puscifer
    Bat For Lashes
    FOALS
    Dropkick Murphys
    Wild Nothing
    Kurt Vile
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Social D
    Tame Impala
    The Lumineers
    Dead Can Dance
    James Blake
    Grimes
    The Faint
    Dinosaur Jr
    The Three O'Clock
    Cloud Nothings
    Ya...you and me should be friends
    @cloneradio

Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

Um didn't RHCP headline Bonnaroo last year? Since when does Coachella stand for sloppy seconds? And they're finishing off a world tour... Coachella is getting the crusty leftovers of what RHCP used to be. From everything I've heard about their show, they're tired and just going through the motions... Would be a really shitty note to end Coachella on.

The undercard is amazing - so many great acts across many genres. A few too many 'has beens' for my taste, music should be still relevant. My initial reaction was to sell my tickets. But upon further inspection, I have come to appreciate the line-up. And given just how shitty all the headliners are, I have to think that there might be some adds. What better then to originally disappoint even when essentially sold out and then really build the hype by adding to the line-up or inviting some surprise guests. The value of the Coachella brand would soar. Hell, even with the crappy headliners, look at the popularity. I have faith that Goldenvoice will live up to the standard they have set; perhaps this year it will come in the form of all the other acts at Coachella - not the headlining shows? Can't wait for April!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    Um didn't RHCP headline Bonnaroo last year? Since when does Coachella stand for sloppy seconds? And they're finishing off a world tour... Coachella is getting the crusty leftovers of what RHCP used to be. From everything I've heard about their show, they're tired and just going through the motions... Would be a really shitty note to end Coachella on.
    From the rumors that have been going around, it's probable that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were a last minute headilner addition. They're from LA, radio friendly, popular. They would make sense as an easy replacement for someone else that dropped out.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    From the rumors that have been going around, it's probable that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were a last minute headilner addition. They're from LA, radio friendly, popular. They would make sense as an easy replacement for someone else that dropped out.
    Ah, fair enough. Could also explain delay in release of the line-up. But still - they couldn't find anyone better than RHCP? Geesh!
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

scalpers are crying bad after seeing the line up. gonna be hard to sell them tickets for double the price this year

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    there is no way i am buying that bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by alternapop View Post
    The only thing i don't really understand is New Order not headlining. If RHCP played across the street then I'd close the curtains but I expect to not care for at least one headliner. That's the way it goes.
    Agreed. New Order should have closed the fest on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

VigoTheCarpathian

New Order should play the Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    there is no way i am buying that bullshit
    I buy it. They played up and down throughout North America and all over the world last year including Coachella's prime competitor, Lollapalooza.

Since I started hitting Coachella in 2010, the Sunday night headliners have always been the major draw of the festival as well rare occasions. The first Gorillaz show with the full band, Kanye West unveiling of the 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' show to the world, and then Dr. Dre's return to the stage...to be followed by the same RHCP show everyone in the Western world has had the opportunity to see already in 2012? Seems uncharacteristic of the bookers to me. Maybe it really was meant to be the Rolling Stones. Who knows?
    @cloneradio

Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger19 View Post
    I buy it. They played up and down throughout North America and all over the world last year including Coachella's prime competitor, Lollapalooza.

Since I started hitting Coachella in 2010, the Sunday night headliners have always been the major draw of the festival as well rare occasions. The first Gorillaz show with the full band, Kanye West unveiling of the 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' show to the world, and then Dr. Dre's return to the stage...to be followed by the same RHCP show everyone in the Western world has had the opportunity to see already in 2012? Seems uncharacteristic of the bookers to me. Maybe it really was meant to be the Rolling Stones. Who knows?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post

The undercard is amazing - so many great acts across many genres. A few too many 'has beens' for my taste, music should be still relevant. My initial reaction was to sell my tickets. But upon further inspection, I have come to appreciate the line-up. And given just how shitty all the headliners are, I have to think that there might be some adds. What better then to originally disappoint even when essentially sold out and then really build the hype by adding to the line-up or inviting some surprise guests. The value of the Coachella brand would soar. Hell, even with the crappy headliners, look at the popularity. I have faith that Goldenvoice will live up to the standard they have set; perhaps this year it will come in the form of all the other acts at Coachella - not the headlining shows? Can't wait for April!
    Last Year Coachella took every festivals subheadliner (The Black Keys) and turned them into a headliner. I would say that is slightly worse than sloppy seconds.