Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: BLUR!!!!!

Default Re: BLUR!!!!!

I was underwhelmed. I am mad at myself for leaving one of the best Band of Horses sets I have seen in recent memory to go see Blur and got no Country House. I just wanted them to be better- I don't know what I expected. I suppose it is my own fault *sigh*

There is no sighing in punk rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

How big was the crowd for Blur? I really couldn't get a sense of it from the stream.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Tiny. I mean Grinderman ended early and I walked over to see the last of their set. Sounded great but you could've walked straight up to the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by punkgirl View Post
    I was underwhelmed. I am mad at myself for leaving one of the best Band of Horses sets I have seen in recent memory to go see Blur and got no Country House. I just wanted them to be better- I don't know what I expected. I suppose it is my own fault *sigh*
    Sounds like a proper Blur set.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

"They didn't play the song I wanted. So it sucked. Whaaaa."
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

In truth, and wanting a certain song aside, I felt the same when I saw them in 03. Underwhelmed. But this sounded much better.

They played tender and song number 4, what more could anyone want?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

I loved their set. They sounded clear and sharp. My only regrets were their song selection (3 from Leisure, only The Universal from Great Escape? (Stereotypes, Country House, He Thought of Cars, Charmless Man would have been great). Also, I had no idea the crowd would be so small. I could have seen most of Band of Horses and probably gotten the same spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

I don't understand why people are hating on Blur when all they saw was the web cast. They were incredible live. one of the best sets I've seen at Coachella. yeah, Damon looked a bit strung out at the beginning, but he stepped it up and had some fun after a few songs. they fucking rocked.

Definitely disappointed from their set. They sounded GREAT!. But the setlist could have been so much
    better.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    Definitely disappointed from their set. They sounded GREAT!. But the setlist could have been so much better.
    If they didn't have to share their headlining spot it would've been.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    If they didn't have to share their headlining spot it would've been.
    OR if they would have let me pick their setlist it would have the been best Blur show in the history of the world.

i am not a fan and didnt have any preferences regarding the set list, but this was really a good show, the band sounds great, strong songs, far more suitable for that stage than the stone roses

Missing out this year because Blur and New Order are the only acts I'd want to see that I haven't seen before (and may never get the chance to). Watching the live feed, it didn't seem that awesome. I'm mostly just telling myself that so I don't get too angry about missing it. But hearing all the positive feedback is making me super, super, super jealous. I want to see them in a venue in the US but chances are that will never happen. They're an arena band everywhere in the world that isn't America.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bowie View Post
    Missing out this year because Blur and New Order are the only acts I'd want to see that I haven't seen before (and may never get the chance to). Watching the live feed, it didn't seem that awesome. I'm mostly just telling myself that so I don't get too angry about missing it. But hearing all the positive feedback is making me super, super, super jealous. I want to see them in a venue in the US but chances are that will never happen. They're an arena band everywhere in the world that isn't America.
    yeah, don't judge them by the feed. you'll be doing yourself a disservice by doing so.

old school

far exceeded my expectations

I just want to know what he was thinking ... was he nervous? Was he drunk? Angry? He looked ... sad. That said, I thought the sound was excellent and while the setlist was not my favorite, I think it must be confusing to try to figure out what "we" want over here. They played great, I just wish they'd smile more.

I'll be there next weekend and I got super drunk to watch the live feed, haha! So emotional. I love my boys. I can't wait. I'll be the one in front screaming all the words and crying.

Blur was a ton of fun! I can only say that their performance was lost in translation for everyone who saw it on the feed rather than in person. Second-best set behind HTDA on Friday for me.

Yeah, the "Tender" singalong was definitely a moment.

Highlights for me were sing and universal. So utterly divine. Cheers to all the ones down front belting it out. Trimm Trabb like a flashboy’s hand was so good too.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

i thought blur was amazing. even more so in comparison to gorillaz back in 2010. gorillaz really bummed me out that year and had no energy, but i thought blur really brought it this year. damon looked as if he had a stroke on stage sometimes, but it just made the performance even more zany. loved it.
    2005-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Tiny. I mean Grinderman ended early and I walked over to see the last of their set. Sounded great but you could've walked straight up to the front.
    this what people mean by wtf headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    yeah, don't judge them by the feed. you'll be doing yourself a disservice by doing so.
    Dont judge them by the high def video of their performance, take the word of the die hard fan who was on drugs.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."