Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BLUR!!!!!

Default Re: BLUR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    27 days and still no other dates announced... god damn it.
    pretty sure there won't be any
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Damn cheese-eater.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Probably cheese related.
    guess they don't have to look far for their post-gig catering.

Recommend the 3862 Days book for blur early history. Actually, anyone in the states want my copy? Seriously, I'll ship it to you for free. Read it ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Probably cheese related.

Anybody else here read 'Different for Girls'? It's the Louise Wener (Sleeper) biography.

There is a whole bit about how when they were first coming up, right after Inbetweener, they got booked on a tour opening for Blur, who were mostly dicks to them, especially Damon. In one bit, she talks about how the food that Blur got catered during the tour was over the top, and one time she and her band mates at some of it and tried to rearrange the rest to make it look like they hadn't taken anything. Blur noticed and almost had them thrown off the tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Nobody touches Damon's food.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I wonder if they will have the whole crew of backup singers and horns. I am watching the parklive dvd and can't help but wonder how the setlist might be different without them.

There will be horns. Or, at least I hope there will for songs like Badhead. But come to think of it the three times I saw them (Great Escape at Wiltern, Blur at Palace, and wherever that gig was with Verve guitarist standin) they didn't have horns. So we gonna have a horn or what? Full orchestra for 'To the End' and 'The Universal'.

A recent setlist? Just curious. Anyone up for 'Country House'? Heard it for the first time in a while and it's a bit bouncy and fun.

I think their most recent set was at hyde park last summer, and coachella is not getting anything that extravagent.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Full orchestra for 'To the End' and 'The Universal'.
    do you have any idea what a full orchestra consists of?

a shitload of penquins

I think their most recent set was at hyde park last summer, and coachella is not getting anything that extravagent.
    Right. Their triumphant, co-headlining return to the US at the biggest American festival isn't going to include the extra horns, singers, etc. that will take their show to the next level.

do you have any idea what a full orchestra consists of?
    Thanks for echoing my sentiments whenever I hear people calling for a full orchestra at a rock concert.
    -Zach

oh, it's been done before, but I was just playing shites

Quote Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    Thanks for echoing my sentiments whenever I hear people calling for a full orchestra at a rock concert.
    I get the complaint but what should people say? Every band is a partial orchestra... I guess you could say "I hope they get a string and brass section" but that's just inefficient.

Let's not derail this thread though. The only thing I want them to play from think tank (which I don't think I'll get) is Jets

DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    I get the complaint but what should people say? Every band is a partial orchestra... I guess you could say "I hope they get a string and brass section" but that's just inefficient.

Let's not derail this thread though. The only thing I want them to play from think tank (which I don't think I'll get) is Jets

There are many songs from Think Tank I'd love to hear, Jets among them. Shame they don't play much off that album, it's really underrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

old school

Mexico festival on Friday.

For those wanting a hint regarding the likley exact content of their US festival setlist.

Hopefully that festival does a webcast again this year.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Can we assume Blur are playing after the Roses?
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Quote Originally Posted by Dede' Arneaux View Post
    Can we assume Blur are playing after the Roses?
    if poster placement is any indication, then no. the only other time there were co-healiners, kanye was listed first, and he played last. the stone roses are listed first. not sure if this is concrete, but it is what they did last time.

Hoping Blur plays before the Roses so I can follow their set by Modest Mouse on the Outdoor and How to Destroy Angels in the Mojave to close out my night.
    -Zach

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    if poster placement is any indication, then no. the only other time there were co-healiners, kanye was listed first, and he played last. the stone roses are listed first. not sure if this is concrete, but it is what they did last time.
    Do you read from right to left?

...who is the bigger band in the U.S.?
    Cue responses...neither
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

old school

Quote Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    Hoping Blur plays before the Roses so I can follow their set by Modest Mouse on the Outdoor and How to Destroy Angels in the Mojave to close out my night.
    Anyone with even a passing interest in Stone Roses skipping such a rare show is insane. Catch the Wednesday Pamona show that still has tickets.

Pretty sure Roses will close. Like 95%. It would just be too weird if it were opposite.

Pretty sure The roses will close, eventhough I want blur to go last. It's going to be a long night..but legendary
    Pretty sure Roses will close. Like 95%. It would just be too weird if it were opposite.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

old school

I'm certain Roses will close W1, but I actually think Blur might close W2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'm certain Roses will close W1, but I actually think Blur might close W2.
    This times a million. The lineup changes thread keeps saying that the poster keeps "switching them", but for some reason they don't notice they're clicking between Weekend 1 and 2.

Having your two big British "gets" co-headline isn't an easy situation, so it's not far off to imagine they would switch the duty of closing out the main. And presumably the cooler heads of Blur prevailed to giving Roses the first weekend.

I'm in the middle of listening to Blur's discography (finishing up The Great Escape) because I'm only familiar with the "whoo hoo" song and "Girls & Boys".

I really enjoyed Leisure which is kind of ironic because apparently that's considered one of their worst? After the style change the rest of the albums have sort of blended together for me. They're enjoyable and very "British" (I can see why they didn't have more hits in the US) but Leisure was the most fun to listen to. That album is also pretty similar to the Stone Roses, whose albums I listened to yesterday for the first time as well.

yeah, American's prefer Kid Rock singing about 9/11 or ass sunburns from too high jean shorts. I don't.

Glad you are giving them a whirl, but Leisure doesn't sound anything like the Roses. More like the Charlatans. Roses were incopyable.

In a similar vein, my initial familiarity with Blur's work comes from Blur: The Best Of, which, oddly enough, is the comp they disown (in favor of Midlife: A Beginner's Guide to Blur.)

Quote Originally Posted by askiba View Post
    Blur: The Best Of, which, oddly enough, is the comp they disown (in favor of Midlife: A Beginner's Guide to Blur.)
    MADNESS!

After finishing the self-titled I must say I probably enjoyed that the most along with Leisure. I'll finish up the last two tomorrow.