Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Disclosure!!!

Default Re: Disclosure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I'm glad Aluna came out and chased that hag off stage.
    LOL. I felt the same way watching this video. It was terrible up until about the second Lorde stopped moaning and carrying on.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Disclosure are fucking Gods. Nobody has a sound like they're, no wonder they're the biggest band in the world right now.
    LOL. A reach indeed. and a sound they have borrowed from countless other. A sound I love, nonetheless
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

this is for a club not coachella PASS it will get boring quick

You suck at trolling worse than I do .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

I know I'm really late, but I finally listened to Settle. Are these bros just popular because of the current 90s fetishization going on? All of these songs sound like shit that was popular from 93-98.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

No they are awesome live, don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I know I'm really late, but I finally listened to Settle. Are these bros just popular because of the current 90s fetishization going on? All of these songs sound like shit that was popular from 93-98.
    Depends on if you like that type of 90s music or not...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Those aren't answers to the question I am asking. I didn't say it was bad. Second Chance sounds like the underwater level music from Donkey Kong Country with some mopey soul singer crooning over the beat.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

These guy's sound is better than most of the stuff that was coming out in the 90s. The production is so much better.

That's the whole point, it's supposed to sound dated because that's the sound they were aiming for.

Oh ok so it is supposed to be a novelty. Thanks

Oh ok so it is supposed to be a novelty. Thanks
    I don't think there's anything wrong with them giving their respect to the pioneers and innovators of the past. What 18-19 year old kid knows about Chicago house or Detroit techno?

More like Disglowsure, amirite??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

I think I'll refer to them as Disco-slur all weeekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with them giving their respect to the pioneers and innovators of the past. What 18-19 year old kid knows about Chicago house or Detroit techno?
    Any kid with internet access and an interest in the subjects

Be honest, how much of the usual EDM demographic is remotely interested in these subjects?

Those aren't answers to the question I am asking. I didn't say it was bad. Second Chance sounds like the underwater level music from Donkey Kong Country with some mopey soul singer crooning over the beat.
    I hope this isn't a dig at the underwater level music from Donkey Kong Country because that shit is dope. And don't get me started on Bramble Scramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Be honest, how much of the usual EDM demographic is remotely interested in these subjects?
    This.
    9/6 Salva @ TBA
    9/17 DJ Earl @ Low End Theory
    9/18 Gaslamp Killer @ Mayan
    9/22 Interpol @ Fox Pomona
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey

the nostalgia factor is certainly there... but the fact is that the end result is incredibly well produced and while owing a debt to older styles does not feel dated.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think you all are too young, and don't remember that sound and how this sounds REALLY similar. This shit just sounds like an entire album dedicated to remixing "Show Me Love" by Robin S.

You are bashing them . Watch some videos of them and they seem very intelligent and self aware of what they are making . They have influences and succeeded in reviving a sound they are great at producing . If you can get over it not being original ( what could be original anymore) and enjoy it for its quality and catchiness ( like daft punk ) you will have an awesome time . NOTHING is original anymore . How many sounds do you think exist , it's not infinite .
    Last edited by roboto; 03-07-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    the nostalgia factor is certainly there... but the fact is that the end result is incredibly well produced and while owing a debt to older styles does not feel dated.
    well put

Let it be known I love the song, "Show Me Love" * waits for Randy's gay comment*

So, if these dudes are as intelligent as you say they must understand they only have a quick 15 minutes? My commentary isn't meant to be bashing. I am more so wondering what they are gonna do once the novelty fades. This is just like when Interpol/Editors/She Wants Revenge were all popular and trying to sound like Joy D. This is just a decade later with the 90s rather than 80s worship. It is a novelty, and these bros will be gone just like the other bands I listed.

Most bands only seem to remain relevant for ten years . For a pop friendly duo like disclosure I don't see then having a problem selling out shows for years . They have more appeal to the masses than a band like cut copy . Interpol still has plenty of fans . All you need is a few good albums and you can tour for a long time .Go watch the live show they put on, it's an A grade concert.

Editors & Interpol are constantly touring and playing festivals. Don't know if I'd say they're "gone" just yet. She Wants Revenge on the other hand...
    9/6 Salva @ TBA

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think you all are too young, and don't remember that sound and how this sounds REALLY similar. This shit just sounds like an entire album dedicated to remixing "Show Me Love" by Robin S.
    Pushing 40... Been DJing since 94... Not that this means much in the grand scheme of things... But.. no.. I was "there".

As were many of the friends of mine who've also dug them... so... you know...

you may not appreciate it... and that's fine... but it's not cause you're "older and wiser" or some such shit...

Let it be known I love the song, "Show Me Love" * waits for Randy's gay comment*

So, if these dudes are as intelligent as you say they must understand they only have a quick 15 minutes? My commentary isn't meant to be bashing. I am more so wondering what they are gonna do once the novelty fades. This is just like when Interpol/Editors/She Wants Revenge were all popular and trying to sound like Joy D. This is just a decade later with the 90s rather than 80s worship. It is a novelty, and these bros will be gone just like the other bands I listed.
    It may be a novelty to some, but it is a sound I adore and hope they stick with it, rather than moving onto hip hop house or some weird bullshit

Just the fact that one half of Disclosure wasn't even born when Show Me Love came out should count for something.

Temples re-creates the 60s Liverpool sound pretty flawlessly, but does that mean they're nothing special? I don't think so, it just means they re-create that sound perfectly.

Girl Talk is also a pretty cool nostalgia act!!!

Girl Talk is utter shit and doesn't even make music...
    9/6 Salva @ TBA