Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Daft Punk late add / 2014 Headliner Thread

Default Re: Official Daft Punk late add / 2014 Headliner Thread

Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    My guess is daft punk will not show up at coachella. Think about it, they did their huge reunion once, how stupid would they look reuniting at coachella twice in a row? If I were them I'd want to do my own thing. Just a speculation.
    Either you're misinterpreting what the word "reunion" means or you've somehow got it in your head they've broken up twice.

Stop.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

oh shit... well, they're not on EMI anymore. they just signed to Columbia today.

http://ilovefreeconcerts.com/daft-punk-is-back/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Daft Punk has signed with Columbia Records for the release of their upcoming fourth studio album. The legendary electro duo released their previous three albums through Virgin Records.

The album’s exact release date remains unknown, though the French newspaper Le Parisien reports that the as-yet-titled effort is slated for a Spring 2013 release. The album marks the proper followup to 2005′s Human After All.

A number of musicians have reportedly contributed to the album, including Chic frontman Nile Rodgers, songwriter Paul Williams, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, and disco legend Giorgio Moroder.

Stay tuned for additional details.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

has there ever been any lineup modifications in previous years?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Prince in 2008 was the only time there has been a headliner-sized add.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Daft Punk has signed with Columbia Records for the release of their upcoming fourth studio album. The legendary electro duo released their previous three albums through Virgin Records.

The album’s exact release date remains unknown, though the French newspaper Le Parisien reports that the as-yet-titled effort is slated for a Spring 2013 release. The album marks the proper followup to 2005′s Human After All.

A number of musicians have reportedly contributed to the album, including Chic frontman Nile Rodgers, songwriter Paul Williams, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, and disco legend Giorgio Moroder.

Stay tuned for additional details.
    saw this a few moments ago. The guy below says only time a header got added was prince in 08? But madonna was added who is huge before that and daft punk if it happened i reckon would be a co.header Pheonix day but play last both weekends. I think they'll add another name and I'd be surprised if it was bumping blur and the roses down.

They won't be added. They aren't playing. It's my understanding that GV did absolutely everything in their power to get them and DP decided they just weren't going to be ready. source: two personal independent sources.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I think everyone is way more excited about the idea of Daft Punk more than they would be about an actual Daft Punk set.
    Look, they're the best at what they do. Great guys. Inspired a huge wave of awesome shit, Ed Banger and Kitsune and all of that. That was SEVEN YEARS AGO. All sorts of music has come out since then. Maybe you should get into it instead of trying to relive the halcyon days of the French touch.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    I think everyone is way more excited about the idea of Daft Punk more than they would be about an actual Daft Punk set.
    Look, they're the best at what they do. Great guys. Inspired a huge wave of awesome shit, Ed Banger and Kitsune and all of that. That was SEVEN YEARS AGO. All sorts of music has come out since then. Maybe you should get into it instead of trying to relive the halcyon days of the French touch.
    I would wager most of the people obsessively requesting Daft Punk on Facebook have never even listened to Alive and have no idea why exactly they are supposed to be excited about a live show. I'd also wager money most of them would be hard pressed to name more than three songs by them. Which is the silliest thing about it.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I would wager most of the people obsessively requesting Daft Punk on Facebook have never even listened to Alive and have no idea why exactly they are supposed to be excited about a live show. I'd also wager money most of them would be hard pressed to name more than three songs by them. Which is the silliest thing about it.
    I'd say you're wrong. I consider myself to be a fan of DP, but not a major fan. Alive is the only record I own of theirs anymore, and it would be easy to name ten songs. They're no Blur, mine friend.

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    If you're going to instruct people not to live in the past, change your avatar.

I love Daft Punk, but the only reason why the everyday person in America knows who they are is because of their image. It's the same way with deadmau5. Had Daft Punk shown up to Coachella 2006 without that pyramid and no robot costumes then they would have been just another amazing DJ duo. They would have never headlined Lolla or Vegoose.

Once again, I LOVE DAFT PUNK. Vegoose 2007 was one of my all-time favorite shows. Been a fan since I saw Around the World on that old MTV show called 12 Angry Viewers (1st video they voted into rotation), but they are the KISS of electronic music.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...records-415666

Worth noting: although Daft Punk's name was not on the recently revealed Coachella lineup, an insider says the group was offered a "gigantic sum of money" to headline the California festival but ultimately turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    There are only three possibilities here:

(1) Your friend doesn't exist and you're full of shit. 80% probability.
    (2) Your actual friend is feeding you actual shit and you're just too fucking stupid to realize it. 19.99999999999999% probability.
    (3) Your friend exists and he's telling the truth. .00000000000001% probability.

Are you interested on placing a wager on the third option at the current odds?
    So you're sayin there's a chance

God it never ends, haha

Entertaining though, right? A low-stakes parade of delusion and broken dreams. Ahhhh.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...records-415666

Worth noting: although Daft Punk's name was not on the recently revealed Coachella lineup, an insider says the group was offered a "gigantic sum of money" to headline the California festival but ultimately turned it down.
    At least they tried.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Prince in 2008 was the only time there has been a headliner-sized add.
    Madonna is as big of a name as Prince, if not actually bigger. She's just not Coachella's headliner-type name to sit at the top of a poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I heard Paul is thinking about adding Chris Brown v. Frank Ocean as well. Last night's 'studio parking fight' was just to wet our collective appetite. Verified by trusted inside sources.