Thread: Buying tickets on Stubhub or encore tickets??? good idea or bad idea??

Lurker

Default Buying tickets on Stubhub or encore tickets??? good idea or bad idea??

Hi there, This is my first time ever going to coachella, I am so confused with the whole ticket purchasing! I have read many of these posts and from what I understand it is extremely difficult to get tickets? It doesnt even say exact date when the regular tickets go on sale. my heart is set on going and just wandering are these sites like stub hub legit? how does that work, how are they selling tickets when the coachella site is not. If someone wouldnt mind giving me some info it would be much appreciated! Also is there a major difference between weekend 1 and 2. Is there anything I should know in deciding which weekend to attend?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default Re: Buying tickets on Stubhub or encore tickets??? good idea or bad idea??

I'm embarrassed that you're from toronto. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you went to northern and live in or near leaside.

Lurker

Default Re: Buying tickets on Stubhub or encore tickets??? good idea or bad idea??

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I'm embarrassed that you're from toronto. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you went to northern and live in or near leaside.
    lol why is being from toronto embarrassing? or is it that I am clueless about coachella that is the embarrassing part? and no I am actually from a small town holland landing, near newmarket and did not go to northern.

StubHub is very safe, your purchase is protected in case of fake passes being sent, so you will get your money back if they turn out to be so. Downside is you may not find out until you try to scan them at the front entrance. Though there really is no upside to someone trying to sell fakes through that site. Tickets are already for sale there because there was a presale last May. Not one person selling on the site actually has the passes in hand, though, since they are not sent out until March. The sale date for the remaining lot of tickets will occur a few days after the lineup announcement. Your best bet would be to try for weekend 2 as weekend 1 is so close to selling out based on the presale numbers. If you fail during the regualr on sale do not panic, keep an eye on stubhub, and wait a couple months until prices start to drop. Many got passes close to face value last year that way, there are always people who find out they can't go closer to the fest who have to unload them and just want to recoup their investment at that point.

Useful.

Lurker

Thank you very much!

@megatron8: Please check your inbox. I sent you a private message.