Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LA TIMES..Released Headers..

Default Re: LA TIMES..Released Headers..

Minus Daft Punk, Blur and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, that mock lineup would be a great disappointment.
    My Arcade Fire Brooklyn review
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13
    Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

the only way it could be true is if the Rolling Stones really were headlining but canceled and they needed a last minute replacement. seems like the only logical reason, other wise its fake.

old school

Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

As a journalist close with the Times, this isn't written well. At all. I can't see this even passing the Copy Editor desk. Usually the music blogs are written in a traditional news feature format, with paragraphs not exceeding more than just a couple sentences. In this story, the first paragraph is too long, and it doesn't even mention the other headliners until the third graf.

My guess is this might be a mock page in preparation for the announcement. That, or a bad photoshop. Also, this photo wouldn't run with the story in my opinion. If the story was about Daft Punk headlining, I guarantee the Times would run a photo of the electronic duo.

Finally, the photo ran with a Coachella story last year. Typing on phone so I can't link or look for it, but check the archives. And the link wouldn't link to latimesblog.latimes...because latimes blog is not its own URL, it's a section of the LA Times website.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    As a journalist close with the Times, this isn't written well. At all. I can't see this even passing the Copy Editor desk. Usually the music blogs are written in a traditional news feature format, with paragraphs not exceeding more than just a couple sentences. In this story, the first paragraph is too long, and it doesn't even mention the other headliners until the third graf.

My guess is this might be a mock page in preparation for the announcement. That, or a bad photoshop. Also, this photo wouldn't run with the story in my opinion. If the story was about Daft Punk headlining, I guarantee the Times would run a photo of the electronic duo.

Finally, the photo ran with a Coachella story last year. Typing on phone so I can't link or look for it, but check the archives. And the link wouldn't link to latimesblog.latimes...because latimes blog is not its own URL, it's a section of the LA Times website.
    The LA Times is one of the worst major newspapers in existence. That article was as good or bad as anything I've ever read in the Times.

old school

my guess is that GV planted this story so that when they do in fact release the lineup with the broken creepy version of the rolling stones on it people will be ok with it since its not justin timberlake
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

The article is garbage, some fool out there is having fun seeing us run to a pile of sugar like ants as he/she laughs.

Come on man....wake up
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

The supposed writer just responded to a tweet confirming...that its FAKE https://twitter.com/mikaelwood carry on w/ ur lives people...
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Justin Timberlake > Sahara tent
    oh fuck...if I had to choose between either....fuck it..i'm leaving early
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    The supposed writer just responded to a tweet confirming...that its FAKE https://twitter.com/mikaelwood carry on w/ ur lives people...
    Truth. Screen shot 2013-01-22 at 6.15.01 PM.jpg

You actually think that guy would admit its real? It'd be just as bad as not taking the article down in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger19 View Post
    Minus Daft Punk, Blur and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, that mock lineup would be a great disappointment.
    says you.

huh. and i thought it was written decently. i've been schooled.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

This is likely fake but at the same time if your proof is that he comes out and says IT'S FAKE. I wouldn't really put a grain of salt because if it is real he'd be in hot shit for releasing that early. People lose their jobs over that sort of thing.

The LA times archive is latimesblog... but most of their current articles are not in the latimesblog.latimes format.

But also if Mikael Wood writes for Rolling Stone, Spin, etc. etc. why would he do this, that could be a reputation killer

Also if this Mikael Wood really did write this, his writing style is very similar to his other articles.

But I didn't see it on any LA times site and i'm going off of some random image on the internet, derp derp
    Last edited by Dustin da DnB Soulja; 01-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by weekendCrush View Post
    You actually think that guy would admit its real? It'd be just as bad as not taking the article down in the first place.
    Man, you must really have a dull life to keep trying this hard.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Man, you must really have a dull life to keep trying this hard.
    Are you telling me that you are a professional Coachella Forum user getting paid to surf here? Or are you just like me and browsing on your own free time? I was just posting what I saw somewhere else on my free time, yes. Must be as dull as your life since we are both on here at the same time.

It's fake, just look at the black letters with off grey tint around them instead of just plain white of the background. It's what happens when you copy/paste from another source.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

TOTAL FAKE, Don't you guys remember ROB DA BANK said in an interview that DAFT PUNK IS NOT TOURING in 2013. As soon as I find the article I will link to it. I'm not very good at google so if someone else finds the article before me, feel free to link to it.

northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

who ever created this troll did it right. this so called article is being talked about everywhere. haha

"This is what Pop & Hiss knows about the 2013 lineup for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival: We are told it is not being announced today, and it was not leaked this morning by this newspaper. "

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6670651.story

Yeah, this is the best "trolling" I've yet to see. Kudos

4/17 Pixies @ Pappy & Harriets
    4/26 Desert Daze @ Sunset Ranch Oasis
    5/26 Panda Bear @ Pappy & Harriets
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    King Carlos Cuellar. Ex Rangers centre half.
    2046mf.jpg
    Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type on this forum
    Last edited by Dede' Arneaux; 01-22-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

old school

Ah shit!!!.... I just relaized that menik lol'd at Postal Service & Vampire Weekend headlining but not JT.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

I TOLD YOU ALL IT WAS FAKE, ROB DA BANK SPITS TRUTH SON

Lurker

this lineup better be STACKED. because justin timberlake headlining is some fruity ass shit.

Quote Originally Posted by donuteater View Post
    this lineup better be STACKED. because justin timberlake headlining is some fruity ass shit.

Seriously. He should be Wango Tango or something

Quote Originally Posted by donuteater View Post

Seriously. He should be Wango Tango or something