Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Record Store Day 2013

Default Re: Record Store Day 2013

Yes, those three are available both weekends:
    Zia and the Coachella Boutique will have 3 special Record Store Day exclusives to sell both weekends.
    It seems just 5 out of my list of 12 are actually getting released in America:
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Animal X 7”
    Pulp - After You 12”
    Rodriguez - Cold Fact clear vinyl (Coachella exclusive)
    Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
    South Park - San Diego b/w Gay Fish 7"
    Bat for Lashes – ‘Laura/Marilyn’ Vogue sessions 7" (UK exclusive)
    Bored Spies - Summer 720/Gerbils E 7" (UK exclusive)
    Chvrches - Recover (UK exclusive)
    The History of Apple Pie/Younghusband 7" (UK exclusive)
    The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy (UK exclusive)
    Low & Dirty Three - In the Fishtank (UK exclusive)
    Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim (UK exclusive)
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Woh. This is a Coachella exclusive? Please don't tell me they are only selling the Coachella exclusives weekend 2. I need this as well.
    There should be 250 copies per weekend. Last year for weekend 1 they had the At The Drive-In Coachella exclusive vinyl weekend 1 (which wasn't record store day either). Should be the same this year. If they fuck it up this year I'll be pissed. I'm super excited for that Rodriguez album. My advice is run straight to the Zia tent Friday when the festival gates open up. Good luck.

ARTIST SIGNINGS - Subject to Change - Check back often:

FRIDAY

Passion Pit
    Tegan & Sara (2nd weekend only)
    Band of Horses
    Local Natives
    Japandroids
    Divine Fits
    Stars
    Aesop Rock
    Alt-J
    Jake Bugg
    Youth Lagoon
    Dam-Funk
    C2C
    Lord Huron
    Skinny Lister
    The Neighbourhood
    Foals
    Purity Ring
    Modestep

SATURDAY

Phoenix (2nd weekend only)
    Benny Benassi
    Moby
    Spiritualized
    Portugal. the Man
    Bat for Lashes
    Ben Howard
    Wild Nothing
    Allen Stone
    Biffy Clyro (2nd weekend only)
    Theophilus London
    The Wombats
    Shovel & Rope
    Vintage Trouble
    Two Door Cinema Club

SUNDAY

Eric Prydz
    Tame Impala
    OMD
    Kurt Vile & the Violators
    Jesse Ware
    Jeff the Brotherhood
    Hanni El Khatib
    Ghost B.C.
    Little Green Cars
    Robert DeLong
    White Arrows
    Deap Vally
    Wild Belle
    Father John Misty
    DIIV

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

That's nice, but not exactly record store day info.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Den View Post
    There should be 250 copies per weekend. Last year for weekend 1 they had the At The Drive-In Coachella exclusive vinyl weekend 1 (which wasn't record store day either). Should be the same this year. If they fuck it up this year I'll be pissed. I'm super excited for that Rodriguez album. My advice is run straight to the Zia tent Friday when the festival gates open up. Good luck.
    See you all early Friday in the Zia tent. It wa also mentioned that they might have old Coachella Exculsives/Record Store Day releases.

Having to send a friend to try for my UK haul. Will definitely hope to get the JAMC LP.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

A shop down here just announced some RSD items for sale already, including Orange Juice and Zaireeka. Shame, I just paid bills with this paycheck.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

The full list has expanded my list a bit as well. Definitely want ATDI, the Animals, Sir Douglas Quintet, Justin Townes Earle, Titus Andronicus, the Newport Folk Festival sets, and all the Rough Trade guides to obscure, awesome music.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

i wonder what my chances actually are of gettin ahold of the ATDI RoC rerelease vinyl.

Show up to Zia right as you enter the festival. The Vaya reissue sold out on the first day, but if you were in early there was no problem snagging a copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

^Pretty much. I didn't get to Zia until after 2:00 last year and they were already sold out of Vaya, but was still able to snag one elsewhere in the festival after one of the Zia employees tipped me off about a secret stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Everyone seen some of the stuff the Coachella boutique will have? Lomography posted a coachella themed camera they will be selling that looks rad. Think more of my money will be spent there this year than on anything else.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I will be in santa barbara for record store day. does anyone have an idea which of the two listed places will be a better place to go?
    Just Play Music
    Warbler Records & Goods

according to the site Warbler has signed the RSD pledge and the other has not. I wonder if that is meaningful.

Aren't the Warblers on GLEE?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I liked Just Play the one time I went there, but I'd call to make sure they're going to be receiving RSD stuff, an maybe to even find out what stock they'll be getting in.

Guys, I'm vinyl-stupid...is it really a bad idea to put vinyl in the locker? In case I pick up some Tame Impala or Stone Roses LPs from Zia and would prefer not to walk back to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Guys, I'm vinyl-stupid...is it really a bad idea to put vinyl in the locker? In case I pick up some Tame Impala or Stone Roses LPs from Zia and would prefer not to walk back to the car.
    Yes. It will melt/get super warped.. You can just have them hold it, it's free for the day.

Even if you buy on the first day, it doesnt' cost much to have them hold it for the next two days. DO THAT. I bought a few RSD things a few years ago and tossed them in my trunk, convinced that since the sun wasn't hitting them, they wouldn't warp. That was an expensive mistake. Also remember: you have to pick them up before 10pm on the last day. Since it's RHCP, you shouldn't have a big issue there.

Also, can I expect prices to be marked up compared to normal record stores? I'm probably not looking for exclusives, just the standard LPs.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I will be in santa barbara for record store day. does anyone have an idea which of the two listed places will be a better place to go?
    Just Play Music
    Warbler Records & Goods

according to the site Warbler has signed the RSD pledge and the other has not. I wonder if that is meaningful.
    I liked Just Play the one time I went there, but I'd call to make sure they're going to be receiving RSD stuff, an maybe to even find out what stock they'll be getting in.
    I haven't lived in Santa Barbara since '09, but Just Play Music's new vinyl inventory was always limited at best. If, however, you wanted a used Paul Anka LP for $.99, they could definitely hook you up. Like bmack says, give 'em both a call.

Man... I didn't even think about Zia having vinyl for bands on the lineup. I want the Stone Roses first release so badly. I wouldn't think they'd have it though? It hasn't been reissued in the US, so it would be a UK import most likely...

Even if you buy on the first day, it doesnt' cost much to have them hold it for the next two days. DO THAT. I bought a few RSD things a few years ago and tossed them in my trunk, convinced that since the sun wasn't hitting them, they wouldn't warp. That was an expensive mistake. Also remember: you have to pick them up before 10pm on the last day. Since it's RHCP, you shouldn't have a big issue there.
    haha so true!

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Also, can I expect prices to be marked up compared to normal record stores? I'm probably not looking for exclusives, just the standard LPs.
    It's marked up little bit than usual but at least you don't have to wait in line at your record store You'll probably find what you want as long as you go there on Friday.

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

They don't sell RSD stuff on Friday do they? I thought they only put that stuff out on the 20th.

Show up to Zia right as you enter the festival. The Vaya reissue sold out on the first day, but if you were in early there was no problem snagging a copy.
    they did vaya? what was that, last year? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU i would hope that was somehow in part due to the reunion and that maybe a RoC ri wont be in quite as high of demand this year.
    if this happens, this will be my first record ever purchased. and then i will have to buy a record player. little late to the game. but my band and another are releasing a split 7", so i figured i'd better get with it! haha

Really stoked to find out yesterday that Foals are playing here in Sac at Dimple on RSD as they have a show later that night in downtown Sac. 4/20 is going to be fucking amazing!
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I wonder if ZIA will carry this release...

The wait is over - the 12" commercial version of The Replacements' Songs For Slim EP is in available in stores everywhere today - on red vinyl to boot!

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

This is my first year doing RSD at coachella, how early should I wait in front of the gates before it opens on saturday?, how fast do the releases sell out?

a friend visited lous records today to see the third man records mobile - will they be hitting cchella for the day? here's to hopin' jack white is true to living out his role as ambassador... (:

I hope that I can score a copy of the The Last Waltz RSD exclusive!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattgw123 View Post
    This is my first year doing RSD at coachella, how early should I wait in front of the gates before it opens on saturday?, how fast do the releases sell out?
    In years past I just went in once gates opened and headed right to RSD and got everything I wanted. If you get in once gates open Friday you should be fine.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!