Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Record Store Day 2013

Default Re: Record Store Day 2013

I'd really like that Country Joe album. I wonder if they'll include the board game insert. I actually have one of those, as it was included it the copy of the White Album that a family friend gave to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I really want both of those Newport discs. Son House? Yessir, I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Fuck record store day, just creates an influx of sorry ass kids who aren't crate diggers any other day out of the year coming in to buy some Jack White Lana Del Rey bullshit.
    You sound like a douchebag

Preceding the The Silver Jubilee, on April 20th (Record Store Day! 4/20: something-something about weed!) we will release Sub Pop 1000, a limited-edition compilation of what we feel are some of today’s most vital artists from around the world. Sub Pop 1000 is comprised entirely of unreleased and exclusive tracks. It will be available digitally and in a vinyl pressing of 5,000 copies, on some dazzling color of vinyl that we have yet to figure out. The vinyl will include an 11″×11″ booklet and an MP3 download coupon. Sub Pop 1000 was inspired by our landmark 1986 compilation, Sub Pop 100, which championed artists such as Sonic Youth, Wipers and the U-Men. Please find a full tracklist for Sub Pop 1000 below.

Sub Pop 1000
    Tracklisting:
    Side A
    01. His Electro Blue Voice “Kidult” (Bologna, IT)
    02. Chancha Via Circuito “Lacandona” (Buenos Aires, AR)
    03. Protomartyr “French Poet” (Detroit, MI)
    04. Lori Goldston “Tangled North” (Seattle, WA)
    05. Iron Lung “A Victory for Polio” (Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA)

Side B
    06. Soldiers of Fortune “Money” (Brooklyn, NY)
    07. Peaking Lights “Subterranean Brainblow” (Los Angeles, CA)
    08. Ed Schrader’s Music Beat “Radio Eyes” (Baltimore, MD)
    09. My Disco “Guided” (Melbourne, AU)
    10. Starred “Doomed” (Los Angeles, CA)

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I think it varies. I mean Amoeba will sell a shit ton more than some tiny indie in, say, Santa Cruz.
    Or Atlanta, where I never was able to find the Unrest Perfect Teeth box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Fuck record store day, just creates an influx of sorry ass kids who aren't crate diggers any other day out of the year coming in to buy some Jack White Lana Del Rey bullshit.
    This is the attitude that makes everybody hate hipsters.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I'm excited for this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

^ Whoa, that is cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Well deserved. Congrats Jack!

Record Store Day honors Third Man head with honorific

Record Store Day 2013 (April 20) revealed its official film selection earlier this month, and now the annual analog holy day has its ambassador: noted vinyl enthusiast and superstar Jack White.

"Jack White is a record store owner, a record label head, a record maker, and a record consumer," Michael Kurtz, the freshly knighted co-founder of Record Store Day, said in a statement released today (February 19). "The passion, pride, creativity and independent spirit he puts into every one of those roles is undisputed. We can think of no better Ambassador for Record Store Day 2013, and are thrilled to have Jack White on board to celebrate the culture of the independent record store."

The Third Man head honcho already sounds fired up. In a "wake up call" paired with the ambassador announcement, White writes, "Getting out of your chair at home to experience something in the real world has started to become a rare occurrence, and to a lot of people, an unnecessary one... There's no romance in a mouse click." The Grammy show-stealer goes on, urging, "Let's wake each other up. The world hasn't stopped moving. Out there, people are still talking to each other face-to-face, exchanging ideas and turning each other on. Art houses are showing films, people are drinking coffee and telling tall tales, women and men are confusing each other and record stores are selling discs full of soul that you haven’t felt yet."

He continues, "The size, shape, smell, texture and sound of a vinyl record; how do you explain to that teenager who doesn't know that it's a more beautiful musical experience than a mouse click? You get up off your ass, you grab them by the arm and you take them there. You put the record in their hands. You make them drop the needle on the platter. Then they'll know."

If you weren't already feeling bad about yourself, hope that helped. But at least the Blunderbuss rocker is taking his ambassador role — a titled previously held by Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, and others — seriously.

"As Record Store Day Ambassador of 2013," White writes, "I’m proud to help in any way I can to invigorate whoever will listen with the idea that there is beauty and romance in the act of visiting a record shop and getting turned on to something new that could change the way they look at the world, other people, art, and ultimately, themselves."

Read White's entire pep-talk below.

Years ago someone told me that 1,200 high school kids were given a survey. A question was posed to them: Have you ever been to a stand-alone record shop? The number of kids that answered "yes" was... zero.

Zero? How could that be possible? Then I got realistic and thought to myself, "Can you blame them?" How can record shops (or any shop for that matter) compete with Netflix, TiVo, video games that take months to complete, cable, texting, the Internet, etc. etc? Getting out of your chair at home to experience something in the real world has started to become a rare occurrence, and to a lot of people, an unnecessary one. Why go to a bookstore and get a real book? You can just download it. Why talk to other human beings, discuss different authors, writing styles and influences? Just click your mouse. Well here's what they'll someday learn if they have a soul; there's no romance in a mouse click. There's no beauty in sitting for hours playing video games (anyone proud of that stop reading now and post your opinion in the nearest forum). The screen of an iPhone is convenient, but it’s no comparison to a 70mm showing of a film in a gorgeous theater. The Internet is two-dimensional…helpful and entertaining, but no replacement for face-to-face interaction with a human being. But we all know all of that, right? Well, do we? Maybe we know all that, but so what?

Let's wake each other up.

The world hasn't stopped moving. Out there, people are still talking to each other face-to-face, exchanging ideas and turning each other on. Art houses are showing films, people are drinking coffee and telling tall tales, women and men are confusing each other and record stores are selling discs full of soul that you haven’t felt yet. So why do we choose to hide in our caves and settle for replication? We know better. We should at least. We need to re-educate ourselves about human interaction and the difference between downloading a track on a computer and talking to other people in person and getting turned onto music that you can hold in your hands and share with others. The size, shape, smell, texture and sound of a vinyl record; how do you explain to that teenager who doesn't know that it's a more beautiful musical experience than a mouse click? You get up off your ass, you grab them by the arm and you take them there. You put the record in their hands. You make them drop the needle on the platter. Then they'll know.

As Record Store Day Ambassador of 2013 I’m proud to help in any way I can to invigorate whoever will listen with the idea that there is beauty and romance in the act of visiting a record shop and getting turned on to something new that could change the way they look at the world, other people, art, and ultimately, themselves.

http://www.spin.com/articles/jack-wh...013-ambassador

8/2 Magda @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Bowie!!

"David Bowie is releasing his first two The Next Day singles on a limited edition 7". According to his Facebook page, "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)", which is being shared for the first time next week, will be backed by "Where Are We Now?". Record Store Day is on April 20.
    That's not the only RSD-exclusive Bowie release on tap-- he's also sharing a Bowie 1965! EP and a "Drive-In Saturday" picture disc."

7/10 Cloud Nothings W/ Metz @ Constellation Room
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium
    7/19 X (Acoustic) @ Pappy & Harriet's
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

Years ago someone told me that 1,200 high school kids were given a survey. A question was posed to them: Have you ever been to a stand-alone record shop? The number of kids that answered "yes" was... zero.

Zero? How could that be possible? Then I got realistic and thought to myself, "Can you blame them?" How can record shops (or any shop for that matter) compete with Netflix, TiVo, video games that take months to complete, cable, texting, the Internet, etc. etc? Getting out of your chair at home to experience something in the real world has started to become a rare occurrence, and to a lot of people, an unnecessary one. Why go to a bookstore and get a real book? You can just download it. Why talk to other human beings, discuss different authors, writing styles and influences? Just click your mouse. Well here's what they'll someday learn if they have a soul; there's no romance in a mouse click. There's no beauty in sitting for hours playing video games (anyone proud of that stop reading now and post your opinion in the nearest forum). The screen of an iPhone is convenient, but it’s no comparison to a 70mm showing of a film in a gorgeous theater. The Internet is two-dimensional…helpful and entertaining, but no replacement for face-to-face interaction with a human being. But we all know all of that, right? Well, do we? Maybe we know all that, but so what?

The world hasn't stopped moving. Out there, people are still talking to each other face-to-face, exchanging ideas and turning each other on. Art houses are showing films, people are drinking coffee and telling tall tales, women and men are confusing each other and record stores are selling discs full of soul that you haven’t felt yet. So why do we choose to hide in our caves and settle for replication? We know better. We should at least. We need to re-educate ourselves about human interaction and the difference between downloading a track on a computer and talking to other people in person and getting turned onto music that you can hold in your hands and share with others. The size, shape, smell, texture and sound of a vinyl record; how do you explain to that teenager who doesn't know that it's a more beautiful musical experience than a mouse click? You get up off your ass, you grab them by the arm and you take them there. You put the record in their hands. You make them drop the needle on the platter. Then they'll know.

As Record Store Day Ambassador of 2013 I’m proud to help in any way I can to invigorate whoever will listen with the idea that there is beauty and romance in the act of visiting a record shop and getting turned on to something new that could change the way they look at the world, other people, art, and ultimately, themselves.

recordstoreday.com

8/2 Magda @ Output

Malkmus recorded the 40th anniversary set of him covering all of Can's Ege Bamyasi and they're doing a limited release. It sounds really good.

No I just have a lot of animosity for the kids who buy bullshit record store day releases and shop the LP wall at Urbanoutfitters but don't give two fucks about supporting the vinyl industry otherwise.
    This is one of most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    Or Atlanta, where I never was able to find the Unrest Perfect Teeth box.
    http://www.teenbeatrecords.com/items/119.html

:-) Also have seen it on the secondary market for retail price or less. If there is anything you have your eye on this year, let me know, I'm going to plan to follow greghead to Amoeba at the crack of dawn...

I really have been having trouble finding Little Dragons first album on Vinyl. I hope she does something for RSD. Also, I heard Moby will be re-releasing 18 and some other albums as well. All of them will be signed by him.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domeki View Post
    I heard Moby will be re-releasing 18 and some other albums as well. All of them will be signed by him.
    I'm pretty sure he already did that for both 18 and Play, not affiliated with RSD.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dura...e-day-offering

Duran Duran announced this week they releasing a Record Store Day 7" vinyl of Is There Something I Should Know? to commemerate its 30th anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

From The Jesus And Mary Chain's Facebook page:

"Exclusive release for Record Store Day 2013 - paint splatter vinyl reissue of Psychocandy with A3 reproduction early gig poster, limited to 1000 numbered copies and only available in independent record shops on 20th April"

I have the original but definitely gotta get this, what a beauty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

yeah, that's going to be impossible to get. any word on whether that is a uk or a us release?

actually, this may answer my question...

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    with A3 reproduction early gig poster

Yep. Once I re-read it and saw only 1,000 copies my face went . What does A3 mean?

8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

Yep. Once I re-read it and saw only 1,000 copies my face went . What does A3 mean?
    The Jesus and Mary Chain's essential 1985 debut, Psychocandy, will be reissued in a "paint splatter" vinyl edition for this year's Record Store Day (April 20), according to the band's Facebook page. Limited to just 1,000 copies, this pressing will come packaged with a reproduction of an early JAMC gig poster. As of now, it's unclear if this new version of the fuzzed out masterpiece will be a U.K.-exclusive.
    http://www.spin.com/articles/jesus-a...cord-store-day

8/2 Magda @ Output

Damn, it prolly is

8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

I will be sending one of my friends to Rough Trade East with a shopping list of UK exclusive stuff, as I'll be in LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

How much $$$ will I spend at Coachella this year

CD RELEASES:

Codeine What About the Lonely CD (1000 copies only—CONFIRMED)
    Scanner Terminal Earth CD (1000 copies only—-remastered with bonus track)
    Scanner Hypertrace (1000 copies only—remastered with bonus track)
    Half Japanese Half Gentlemen/Not Beasts 3xCD box with 32 page booklet and new tracks (2000 copies)
    Grateful Dead are Cuts & Oddities 1966
    Mumford & Sons Live at Bull Moose
    **NEW** Ani DiFranco Buffalo 4/22/12 OFFICIAL BOOTLEG 2CD with 3 new tracks (3000 copies only)
    **NEW** King Crimson Going Schizoid with King Crimson Set (features CD, Graphic Novel, T-Shirt, sticker and poster)

7” RELEASES:

Best Coast Fear of My Identity 7”
    Josh Rouse Julie (Come Out of the Rain) 7” - First 7” of career; B-side is new unreleased song
    The Atlas Moth Black Trees /Wolvhammer Burn split 7” (500 copies only, colored vinyl)
    Husker Du 2x7” (featuring Amusement, Statues, Writer’s Cramp and Let’s Go Die (Blackberry Way Studio tracks) 4000 copies
    FUR, FAWN, The Hounds Below and Lightning Love split single
    David Bowie Drive-In Saturday b/w Drive-In Saturday (Russel Harty Plus Pop Version) Picture Disc 7”
    Boy Sets Fire Bled Dry 7” (1000 copies only, clear/colored vinyl)
    Ides of Gemini Hexagram 7” (450 copies on clear vinyl)
    Ilsa The IVth Crusade/Seven Sisters of Sleep Messiah split 7” (Limited to 666 copies on blood red vinyl with 24x36” “horror movie” style poster)
    Like Rats Like Rats 7” colored vinyl
    Ringworm 1991 Demos 7” (black vinyl and colored vinyl versions)
    Supersuckers 7” on Bloodshot Records—Thanks to Jon Harlson for the tip
    Roky Erickson Mine Mine Mind b/w Bloody Hammer (4000 copies, each hand-numbered on psychedelic swirl colored vinyl)
    Public Image Ltd Public Image b/w The Cowboy Song (4000 copies, each hand-numbered)
    Sir Douglas Quintent Interpreta En Espanol 2x7” (Sundazed)
    The Seeds Bad Part of Town & Wish Me Up b/w Love in a Summer Basket & Did He Die 2x7” (Sundazed)
    Adrian Lloyd Lorna b/w Got a Little Woman Gold Vinyl (Sundazed)
    The Trashmen Mean Woman Blues b/w Big Boss Man Gold Vinyl (Sundazed)
    Chet Atkins Black Jack EP (Midnight, Boo Boo Stick Beat, Blackjack, Blue Moon of Kentucky) Red Vinyl (Sundazed)
    Luther How Can We Rest? b/w Astronomy in Color (Limited edition colored 7”)
    Rifle Diet Abuse Begets Abuse b/w Inebriated 7” (Part 4 of the Profane Existence Single Series on limited colored vinyl (either black, bruise violet, golden brew or opaque yellow))
    Duran Duran Is There Something I Should Know? b/w Faith In this Colour Blue Vinyl 7”
    T.S.O.L. You Don’t Have to Die (1980 Demo—Previously Unreleased) b/w Property is Theft and Dance With Me (both b-sides are Live tracks from the Cuckoo’s Nest from 1981!) 7” 1000 copies only
    Whirr Part Time Punks Sessions 500 copies only on “Black on Electric Blue” coloredl vinyl (originally released digitally to help fix the band’s van, features 4 tracks: Blue, Flashback, Junebouvier and Twist)
    Sean Rowe To Leave Something Behind 7”
    Sonny & The Sunsets Imagine (John Lennon cover) b/w Surfer Girl (Beach Boys cover)
    Jason Isbell Pancho & Lefty b/w Elizabeth Cook Tecumseh Valley split 7”
    David Bowie The Stars Are Out Tonight b/w Where Are We Now? First vinyl single off new album!
    Low & Dirty Three In the Fishtank Volume 7 Gold vinyl 7” limited to 500 copies
    Section 25 My Outrage Limited 7” with exclusive b-side, 500 copies only (may be UK only…but did show up on one US distribution list I was sent)
    Willie Nelson Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die 7” (features Snoop Dogg, Jamey Johnson and Kris Kristofferson) on numbered green vinyl.
    Jimi Hendrix Hey Joe b/w Stone Free numbered 7” with mono mixes
    Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention I’m the Slime b/w Montana remastered from original analog source, Montana is a 2013 single edit with an additional 25 seconds of music)
    Doors / X Soul Kitchen (Side by Side Release) Split color 7”
    Bob Dylan Wigwam b/w Thirsty Boots from the forthcoming Bootleg Series Volume 10, features the demo version of Wigwam and the unreleased track from the Self Portrait sessions)
    Trey Anastasio Blue Ash & Other Suburbs 7” Picture Disc (features 3 unreleased tracks from the Traveler Sessions—-tracklisting: Blue Ash & Other Suburbs and Gone b/w Tree and Can You See It?)
    Brendon Benson Diamond b/w Good to Me (1997 Demo) 7”
    Billy Bragg No One Knows Anything Anymore b/w Song of the Iceburg 7”
    Neal Casal Mountains of the Moon b/w Grimes’ Surf Story 7”
    Earth Crisis Firestorm 7” 900 copies on red vinyl
    Phoenix Bankrupt Grey vinyl 7” with patch
    Pretty & Nice Q _Q b/w On & On
    Say Anything/Eisley Try To Remember, Forget (Acoustic) b/w Lost and Found (acoustic) 7” clear vinyl
    Snapcase Steps 900 copies on white vinyl
    Testament Animal Magnetism (Scorpions cover) b/w Powerslave (Iron Maiden cover) 7” 1000 copies only Picture Disc
    Toadies Down by the Water (PJ Harvey cover featuring Sarah Jaffe) b/w Rattler’s Revivial 7”
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents b/w The Munsters (TV Theme Songs Death Waltz 7”—coming to U.S.)
    Star Trek b/w Lost in Space (TV Theme Songs Death Waltz 7”—coming to U.S.)
    Twilight Zone b/w Outer Limits (TV Theme Songs Death Waltz 7”—coming to U.S.)
    *NEW* Golden Void Rise To The Out of Reach b/w Smiling Raven 7” limited to 500 copies
    *NEW* Cooper I Wanna Love You b/w Baby I Love You
    *NEW* Los Straitjackets and Freddy Cannon The Sox Are Rockin’ b/w Red Sox Nation Limited 7”
    *NEW* Free Energy Girls Want Rock b/w Wild Life 7”
    *NEW* Small Faces Green Circles 7” (Green vinyl 7” with Mono and Stereo versions of title track)
    *NEW* Small Faces Here Comes the Nice b/w Talk to You (7” reissue of 1967 debut US single)
    *NEW* Gil Scott Heron & Brian Jackson The Bottle b/w Your Daddy Loves You Green Vinyl 7”
    *NEW* The Shangri-Las EP features Remember (Walkin’ in the Sand) and Out in the Streets b/w I Can Never Go Home Anymore and Past, Present and Future
    *NEW* Katatonia Buildings Limited Edition transparent colored 7”
    *NEW* Sophia Knapp Times Square b/w Sweet May 7”
    *NEW* Trouble In Mind 4 Way Split featuring Jacco Gardner—(Always on My Mind: Billy Nicholls), The Resonars (It’s Alright Ma, It’s Only Witchcraft: Fairpoint Convention), MMOSS (Cathy’s Clown: Everly Brothers) and Maston (I Go to Sleep: The Kinks)
    *NEW* Rolling Stones 5x5 EP…reissue of the 1964 Decca release.
    *NEW* Pink Floyd See Emily Play (Pink VInyl) 7”
    *NEW* Jethro Tull Living in the Past EP
    *NEW* The Strokes All the Time 7”

10” RELEASES:

Marshall Crenshaw EP2 (1st was released on Black Friday 2012)
    Ghoul Intermediate Level Hard-Core - A Clearview Records Music Primer Featuring Ghoul (Contains covers of GWAR, Dayglo Abortions, N.O.T.A., Willful Neglect, etc) Red Vinyl 10” on 190g vinyl
    Scientist Scientific Dub 3x10” box, limited to 2000 copies on Red, Green and Gold colored vinyl.
    Josephine Foster Little Life (1st time on vinyl, originally released as a CD-R in 2001, comes with CD inside) 500 copies
    Lee Scratch Perry & The Upsetters Chapter 1 (3x10” on Red, Green and Gold colored vinyl)
    Mumford & Sons Live at Bull Moose
    *NEW* Justin Townes Earle Yuma 10” EP (debut EP, previously only available on CD, Opaque Gold vinyl—1000 copies only)
    *NEW* Alejandro Escovedo It’s A Sin (Eddy Arnold Cover) b/w Chris Scruggs Just A Little Lovin’ (Will Go a Long Way) (Eddy Arnold Cover) 78RPM 10”
    *NEW* Little John’s Clark Booty 10” Picture Disc featuring Little John and Scorcher
    *NEW* Face to Face The Other Half 10”
    *NEW* Soundgarden King Animal Demos 10”
    *NEW* Sly & The Family Stone I Want To Take You Higher

12” RELEASES:

Goat Run to Your Mama Remixes Volume 1 12” (Blue Vinyl, limited to 2000 copies)
    Goat Run to Your Mama Remixes Volume 2 12” (Blue Vinyl, limited to 2000 copies)
    R15 Yep Roc Heresy/They Call It Rock 12” and DVD - First 300 include screen printed cover; All hand-numbered; DVD documentary of Yep Roc 15 artist recording session; Digital download of two additional bonus remixes
    Robyn Hitchcock There Goes the Ice 12”— 8 songs from his popular Digital Phantom 45 series, previously only available online; 2 new unreleased songs
    Tift Merritt 12” - Acoustic version of title track from new album Traveling Alone, along with three unreleased songs; Handmade and numbered covers
    OWLSA Various Artists 12” (Skrillex, etc.)
    Smoke Fairies Upstairs At United Volume 6 (recorded at URP on 10/17/11).
    G Love & Special Sauce Bloodshot & Blue Acoustic EP (produced by Jack Johnson)
    Their/They’re/There Debut EP (featuring Evan Weiss, Mike Kinsella and Matthew Frank) 1000 copies on clear seafoam colored vinyl
    Bardo Pond Rise Above It All (features covers of Funkadelic’s “Maggot Brain” and Pharoah Sanders “the Creator has a Master Plan”) 500 copies
    Giant Giant Sand Return to Tucson (revised versions of 2012’s Tucson) 1000 copies, with 100 having a screenprinted sleeve
    Owen Seaside EP 700 copies on Blue vinyl
    Paul McCartney & Wings Maybe I’m Amazed (live 12”)
    Fela & Africa 70 Sorrow, Tears & Blood (original extended version—previously unreleased) b/w Perambulator
    *NEW* Pussy Galore Groovy Hate Fuck EP reissue of the 1986 2nd release by Pussy Galore.
    *NEW* Chica Libre Quatra Tigres EP 4 track 12” featuring the theme the band did for the Simpsons features a jacket designed by a famous South American artist.
    *NEW* Steven Wilson Luminol (Demo Version) b/w The Watchmaker (Demo Version) 12” featuring 2 unreleased demo tracks from the “Raven that Refused to Sing” sessions.
    *NEW* Tour only split EP featuring Kadavar, Blckwvs, The Tidal Sleep and Messer on colored vinyl limited to only 300 copies (previously only available in Europe before shows or through This Charming Man’s webstore afterwards, first time available in US)
    *NEW* Beta Band Champion Versions 12”
    *NEW* Beta Band The Patty Patty Sound 12”
    *NEW* Beta Band Los Amigos Del Beta Bandados 12”
    *NEW* Gary Clark Jr. Presents HWUL Raw Cuts Volume 2 12”

LP RELEASES:

Mad Season Above Deluxe 2LP
    Flaming Lips Zaireeka 4LP
    Codeine 1993 Live LP—What About the Lonely 150g LP (2000 copies)
    Porno for Pyros S/T 20th Anniversary 180g Tie-Dye Colored Vinyl (1000 copies)
    Durutti Column A Paean to Wilson 2LP Deluxe (may be UK/EU only)
    Grizzly Bear Horn of Plenty (vinyl reissue on Kanine Records)
    Von Grey Live & Criminal Records LP
    At the Drive-In Relationship of Command (Limited Colored RSD version)
    Giant Henry Big Baby (Pre-Unwound Members in High School) Limited Edition hand-screened LP with 3 different covers.
    Buddy Guy Hold That Plane
    Big Mamma Thornton Jail
    Velvet Underground & Nico (non-bootleg acetate version on Green Vinyl, plays at 33RPM)
    Corn on Macabre Discographic Violence LP (400 copies)
    Headless Dogs 1-5 (Various Colors, 450 copies only)
    Ilsa The Maggots Are Hungry (remastered) LP (250 copies only)
    Daniel Johnston Fun (2000 copies only—originally supposed to be released for Black Friday RSD and cancelled, it will now officially come out!)
    Akimbo Live to Crush
    Eric Church Caught in the Act: Live (RSD version with 4 extra tracks and bonus 7”)
    Mercury Rev Deserted Songs (White/Clear Colored LP featuring outtakes from the 1998 Deserter’s Song sessions)
    Public Enemy Planet Earth-Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Greatest Rap Hits (Picture Disc LP)
    Arawak Accadde A
    A. Vuolo / E. Grande Desert
    Across Tundras / Lark’s Tongue Split LP
    EmptyMansions (Interpol’s Sam Fogarino’s band) Snakes/Vultures/Sulfate (1st 500 LPs on Gold colored 160g vinyl)
    Ghoul Maniaxe (1st time on vinyl, this Colored LP features a 16 page comic book detailing the story of the album)
    Replikas Biz Burada Yok Iken LP (1st time available in US)
    Rainer Ptackek Barefoot Rock (with Das Combo) (Originally released only in Germany, now remastered with bonus tracks) 1000 copies
    Spacemen 3 Perfect Prescription 180g Baby Blue Vinyl LP (2000 copies)
    Spacemen 3 Sound of Confusion 180g White Vinyl LP (2000 copies)
    Spacemen 3 Performance 180g Orange Vinyl LP (2000 copies)
    Daniel Johnston Space Ducks Soundtrack LP (originally only available digitally)
    Calexico Spirtoso (LP + CD, Live tracks, previously only available on tour on vinyl)
    R. Kelly Trapped in the Closet Gatefold with bonus 7”
    LP Into the Wild—Live at EastWest Studios
    Linkin Park Hybrid Theory Colored Vinyl LP with poster and bonus 10” of the “One Step Closer” single)
    Braid Frame and Canvas Limited, Numbered LP on colored vinyl with poster and download card.
    Sonny & The Sunsets Tomorrow is Alright Colored Vinyl LP with new silk-screened cover.
    Aloha Here Comes Everyone limited Green vinyl LP
    Wake A Light Far Out 500 copies only, New LP. (may be UK only…but did show up on one US distribution list I was sent)
    White Mystery Telepathic Colored vinyl LP.
    Stephen Malkmus & Friends Ege Bamyasi (Covering the classic CAN LP) Limited to 3500 copies, with Green vinyl in the US and Red Vinyl for the UK/EU.
    The Band The Last Waltz 3LP 180g deluxe version with 12 page booklet, individually numbered.
    Country Joe & the Fish I Feel Like I”m Fixin to Die Remastered LP from the original tapes.
    Grateful Dead Rare Cuts & Oddities 1966 180g 2LP, individually numbered.
    Joan Jett & The Blackhearts s/t 180g LP with CD featuring live footage and bonus tracks, individually numbered
    OST—The Girl From UNCLE (Music from the TV Series The Girl From UNCLE) Remastered LP.
    Small Faces There Are But Four Small Faces Remastered LP
    Van Dyke Parks Song Cycle 180g Mono LP
    Willie Nelson Crazy: The Demo Sessions
    All That Remains Fall of Ideals LP (1st time on vinyl)
    Bayside Live at the Bayside Social Club 2LP reissue 900 copies on white vinyl (1st time on vinyl, also includes acoustic tracks recorded at Looney Tunes Record Store)
    Marco Benevento Invisible Baby Blue vinyl LP (1st time on vinyl)
    Between the Buried and Me Anatomy Of 2LP 900 copies on orange vinyl (1st time on vinyl)
    Dio Magika Limited Picture Disc LP 500 copies only (features Japanese Bonus Track “Annica”)
    Grey Area Fanbelt Algebra 900 copies on white vinyl
    Lamb of God New American Gospel (500 copies only)
    Antonio Maiovvi Yellow—Music from the Short Film (Death Waltz LP on Yellow/Blood splatter vinyl)
    Steve Moore Horror Business (Death Waltz LP on colored vinyl)
    Straylight Run Prepare to be Wrong LP reissue 900 copies on red vinyl (1st time on vinyl)
    *NEW* Elvis Costello & The Roots Things Fall Apart LP
    *NEW* Phosphorescent Aw Come Aw Wry LP reissue with tweaked cover and bonus download card that includes never before released live tracks
    *NEW* Black Swans Occasion for Song Deluxe Gatefold 2LP reissue limited to 500 copies
    *NEW* Brendon Benson & Willy Mason Upstairs at United Volume 7 LP
    *NEW* ISAN Beautronics 2LP remastered (1st time on vinyl)
    *NEW* Liquid Tension Experiment 2 180g Colored Vinyl 2LP in Gatefold sleeve (1st time on vinyl)
    *NEW* Barrington Levy’s Reggae Anthology: Sweet Reggae Music (1979-84) LP
    *NEW* Winston Edwards’ Natty Locks Dub Reissue LP
    *NEW* King Tubby Meets the Upsetter at the Grass Roots of Dub (features Lee Scratch Perry) LP
    *NEW* Damon & Naomi The Wonderous World of Damon & Naomi (Bootleg Edition) LP
    *NEW* Nick Drake Nick Drake Limited Edition gatefold LP w/poster.
    *NEW* Neil Young Old Ways
    *NEW* Rufus Wainwright Want One LP
    *NEW* Sting Ten Summoner’s Tales LP
    *NEW* Elliott Smith Figure 8 LP
    *NEW* Mamas & The Papas if You can Believe Your Eyes and Ears LP
    *NEW* Counting Crows August and Everything After LP
    *NEW* Dust S/T remastered LP
    *NEW* Dust Hard Attack remastered LP
    *NEW* Golden Gunn LP (collaboration between Hiss Golden Messenger and Steve Gunn—-140g LP with 900 copies only)
    *NEW* Shuggie Otis Introducing Shuggie Otis LP
    *NEW* Rockabye Baby songs of the White Stripes LP

VARIOUS ARTIST RELEASES:

Newport Folk Festival 1965
    Blues at Newport 1963
    Sub Pop 1000 (V/A LP)
    Windup Records 15th Anniversary 10” (Colored vinyl 10” featuring acoustic/rare tracks from Seether, Creed, Finger Eleven, The Darkness, the VirginMarys and more)

BOX SET RELEASES

Paul Weller Sonic Kicks 5x7” Box Set. Colored Vinyl Box with autographed poster features 2 unreleased tracks (600 copies)
    CAKE BOX SET (featuring new LP (b-sides maybe?) and a LIVE album recorded at the Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, CA from 2005)
    Doctor Ross The Sensational Harmonica Boss (3 x 7” box set)
    Half Japanese Half Gentlemen / Not Beasts 4LP Box with 32 page booklet, fold out poster, download card and badge, featuring new exclusive tracks (1000 copies)
    Between the Buried and Me Parallax I & II Colored vinyl box set (Blue/Pink/White Splatter vinyl) 1000 copies only
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer (ELP) The First Five—Picture Disc Collection—The first 5 ELP albums, as Picture Discs, in a individually numbered box (1250 copies total)

8/2 Magda @ Output

Those Beta Band 12" look to be killer.

Ooh, Ten Summoner's Tales. It's probably 2LP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

America, as usual, has its own standards. the fact that they called the poster an A3 poster suggests it is not for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Ooh, Ten Summoner's Tales. It's probably 2LP though.
    Everything else seems to say if it'll be 2LP or whatnot, so I'd imagine it's just one.

Surprised Counting Crows' August and Everything After was never released before. Elvis Costello & The Roots Things Fall Apart seems interesting but I wonder if this is one of those collaborations that is good in theory but average in result.