Thread: Can we get a nice, non battery draining, working Coachella app this year?

Default Can we get a nice, non battery draining, working Coachella app this year?

I mean, C'mon!
    2014 wish list: Queens of the Stone Age. Daft Punk. Justin Timberlake. Arcade Fire. Haim. Arctic Monkeys. Childish Gambino. Lorde. Cults. ODDISEE. Bonobo. Bleached. The Lonely Forest. Grouplove.

Default Re: Can we get a nice, non battery draining, working Coachella app this year?

Default Re: Can we get a nice, non battery draining, working Coachella app this year?

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Preferably one where a lot of the information (such as stage times) can be downloaded as part of the app so that the international visitors among us (without data connections) can download the app before coming over and still get the info.

the app is a pain....just print out the schedule. I find it funny how when I'm chillin in garden and talking with people and they ask about set times and they pull out there phones...wait and wait.....keep trying to click through it....I pull out my paper and say here.

Coachella is one place where old school paper schedule rules over any and all apps.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

we dont need it.

Lurker

There's an unofficial app for iOS only, "Stagecraft Coachella" which is MUCH easier on battery life and does lightweight over-the-air updates.

The 2012 version is here. The 2013 version will be available in a week or so.

I described it in much more detail here.
    Coachella vet: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1

Lurker

While you're waiting for the Official App... why not check out Stagecraft Coachella '13 for iOS.
    Pretty helpful for researching and planning your weekend (Do Lab artists included) and won't drain your battery with superfluous features.

Quote Originally Posted by ectomort@mac.com View Post
    There's an unofficial app for iOS only, "Stagecraft Coachella" which is MUCH easier on battery life and does lightweight over-the-air updates.

The 2012 version is here. The 2013 version will be available in a week or so.

I described it in much more detail here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomort@mac.com View Post
    While you're waiting for the Official App... why not check out Stagecraft Coachella '13 for iOS.
    Pretty helpful for researching and planning your weekend (Do Lab artists included) and won't drain your battery with superfluous features.

Hey guys! I've got an idea! Why don't you check out the stagecraft coachella 2013 app for iOS devices. I heard it's pretty good and shit.
    Last edited by koryp; 03-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Who is really checking and messing around with the Coachella app while on the polo field and (hopefully) watching bands?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Who is really checking and messing around with the Coachella app while on the polo field and (hopefully) watching bands?
    Well, I built Stagecraft for myself for just that reason... I want something quick and easy but more flexible than the printed schedule (which are hard to read in the dark, too.)
    And sometimes I make last minute schedule changes and having a pocket Performer bio handy can help out.

I don't need a bunch of social features or a photo gallery or any of that. The Official App does that stuff just fine; but those features aren't very interesting to me personally.

Yeah, all that I can agree with...the only possible thing I could want in an app while AT Coachella would be a set times reminder/alarm type thing....anything else (photos, check ins, bios, whatever) I could care less about. Maybe a set time uploader thing too, where you can live update a setlist of a band which would then have been uploaded directly on my site. I've had ideas for my own site/app for a while, but things got put on hold this year due to some unforeseen circumstances, but maybe next year....

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Don't be so quick to judgment there. These can be a welcome distraction while waiting for an act to start their set. Or during a Freshers™ break. Especially when used make some last minute decisions between unresolved conflicts. I mean we usually game plan in the morning over green drink, but sometimes an audible is needed and accurate, up to the minute intelligence is rarely unwelcome.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Don't be so quick to judgment there. These can be a welcome distraction while waiting for an act to start their set. Or during a Freshers™ break. Especially when used make some last minute decisions between unresolved conflicts. I mean we usually game plan in the morning over green drink, but sometimes an audible is needed and accurate, up to the minute intelligence is rarely unwelcome.
    couldn't have said it better myself.....

But in all honesty i have yet to see coachella make a useful app.... i usually download it, and by the time coachella arrives i've already uninstalled it jajaja
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Yeah, I definitely integrate my device use into all kinds of activities. It doesn't feel like "messing around instead of watching the bands" because it is intuitive.

Also, paper schedules deteriorate in your sweaty shorts pockets. It would be great if the ap was sleek and useful this year.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

If you guys have time you can also build yourself a MintyBoost or support the developers and purchase a kit. We both bought and built two last year - saved us a lot of hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What sort of evil genius invents a cup of cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

I prefer to support Chinese children toiling away in a forced sweat shop by purchasing a $12.99 preconstructed 2600mah unit complete with flashlight. Free shipping with amazon primes bitchez!