Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, Yeah Yeah Yeahs At Night

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Finally, Yeah Yeah Yeahs At Night

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    hmmm thats odd, cause im watching this video of them playing 2009 and the sky is kinda dark, and i can see the lights on the stage, and the sun just happens to not be in the sky because it already set behind the fucking mountains. but i guess you're right

oh wait except you aren't
    The sun STARTING to set during your second to last song is not a proper sunset slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I went and bought merch after the 09 set and the sun was still out. It set during MBV.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

In '06 all I wanted to hear was to hear "Warrior". Of course, they played it right after I left to see Madonna at the Sahara and of course she was 20+ minutes late. Fail.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

PLUS SHE'S BLONDE NOW!
    FRIDAY: Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Modest Mouse / Jurassic 5 / Passion Pit / Beach House / Metric / Wolfgang Gartner / Aesop Rock / Jaime XX / Dillon Francis

SATURDAY: Phoenix / The Postal Service / Hot Chip / Knife Party / Two Door Cinema Club / Moby / Yeasayer / Violent Femmes / Simian Mobile Disco / 2 Bears / Guards

SUNDAY: Wu-Tang Clan / Grimes / The Faint / Vampire Weekend / Tame Impala / La Roux / Pretty Lights / Eric Prydz

2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cjamesgo8421 View Post
    PLUS SHE'S BLONDE NOW!
    Her hair STARTING to turn blonde around her bangs and then blending to natural color at her roots is not a proper blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I went and bought merch after the 09 set and the sun was still out. It set during MBV.
    Thank you.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    could you point it out in that vid i posted? because there is a clear shot of the mountains the sun sets behind, and its not there for some reason. perhaps because it already set...

Looks plenty bright out still in that video to me. Set times for 2009 have YYYs playing from 6:15p-7:15p. You can argue the sun is beginning to set around 7:15p but I would hardly call that a sunset slot.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Seriously I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. We all know what timeslot is a sunset slot. YYYs were the fourth to last to play on the main that day. That is not sunset. Sunset is third to last, it takes place around 7-8. This isn't fucking rocket science.

so i take that to mean you cant find the sun in the sky, because it's not there, because it already set.

fair enough

No, the sun has set when there is no longer light in the sky. The sun is setting in the video you posted there, which was at the very end of their set. A "sunset slot" means that the sun starts setting at the beginning and finishes by the end more or less. Your video is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    No, the sun has set when there is no longer light in the sky. The sun is setting in the video you posted there, which was at the very end of their set. A "sunset slot" means that the sun starts setting at the beginning and finishes by the end more or less. Your video is not that.

This is actually a solid point. Bright Eyes singing Lua at sunset in the Coachella DVD is a sunset set.

But if you didn't have a great fucking time at the last YYY's coachella concert then you can go fuck yourself sideways with your inanely stupid shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    that to me would be a dusk set. i suppose we'll have to wait until coachella stops using linear time for set times and switches to more obscure yet descriptive time slots before we can agree on anything

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    But if you didn't have a great fucking time at the last YYY's coachella concert then you can go fuck yourself sideways with your inanely stupid shit.
    but i 100% agree with this

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

The 09 performance wasn't AMAZING. It was totally hot, and the songs were pretty standard. I'm hoping they get a dusk set on the outdoor similar to the last Crystal Castles spot. That was just a perfect time of day to kick off to me. That magic time of night when what you hear and see is amplified due to the absence of desert sun. Also can't wait to see what Karen O decides to wear

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

so under the lineup the yeah yeah yeahs are listed as playing on sunday. was this a mistake?

September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    so under the lineup the yeah yeah yeahs are listed as playing on sunday. was this a mistake?

Maybe they would have been the Sunday headliner if the RHCP negotiations fell through. They might have had some materials ready and just forgot to change it in one place.

Cant wait for this set, i wish it could be yeah yeah yeahs -> blur. Can someone please move this to the lineup thread out of respect.