Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1649

Thread: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Default Re: Daft Punk 2013 Tour Dates.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Damn homie... You doin' too much.
    That was for Bumblebee/ people who know how to read. Don't feel intimidated, as it has nothing to do with you, Brobro.

Nope, still doin' too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    I think you're underestimating how popular Daft Punk are particularly, and EDM in general. Right now EDM is peaking. Look at the alternatives. Every radio station is trying to claim,"Get Lucky," and none of those stations are carrying the proper format for it. It's ugly. I think it has less to do with great musical releases, and more to do with sensationalism. No one else is getting the Daft Punk treatment. The whole Colbert/ VMA/ Hype-sationalism. Does it mean that the record is SUPER AMAZING, or that the radio stations are desperate for new material to push? Get Lucky is boring the second time around. I know this. You know this. Everyone with a radio knows this. We all knew that whatever DP dropped was going to be "epic," in quotations because epic doesn't mean jack shit anymore. Our expectations created this "song of the summer" death trap we're in. Did the ASCAP decide that Get Lucky was not only going to be the summer anthem, but that every radio station would have to pay a sickening amount of money in order to play it every other song all summer? Every notable radio station had to acquire the track, whether they liked it or not, knowing their fan base would request it, and notice its absence. So then, are these radio stations just not wanting to dish out dollars for some more summer anthems, or is there truly nothing better circulating? I think we all know the answer to that question.
    I hate regular radio too, but not enough to acknowledge that there wasn't "audience testing" of Get Lucky and it's obviously done very well.

Anyone heard any updates if DP will be playing BMan? I hear it is still in the air for maybe happening....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Are you serious?

There is no way in hell DP will play Burning Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Are you serious?

There is no way in hell DP will play Burning Man.
    Might want to check the web a bit closer. I don't think it will happen but it could. I got a FB post from BMan that said officially don't believe all the rumors but ?????? sometimes things happen at the last minute.....Check this link also:
    http://consumptionblog.com/2013/07/3...ning-man-2013/
    BTW, they have played there b4 so wake up ....
    cr****

Well I can't say it wouldn't be awesome if they did, but I just don't see it happening.

They were in a much different place musically in 2002 then they are now.

Their helmets and suits would get too dusty.

Well I can't say it wouldn't be awesome if they did, but I just don't see it happening.

They were in a much different place musically in 2002 then they are now.
    I'm actually agreeing with you but I did get an "Official" post so there is at least some sort of rumor they might be there. I can see a bunch of hipsters at the last minute thinking they could just go to BMan and it would be like Coachella. Lolz, don't do it kidlets. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    Oh you wait and see, you'll watch, you just watch and you'll watch.
    You'll watch and watch again.
    Then maybe you'll understand.
    Hey, I waited, and I waited, and I waited even longer...And after all that waiting, I then listened, and had to listen again. I tried listening this way and that way, I tired listening forward and back... and that's when it hit me...I took the back and made a click, and it just clicked... much like Georgio...Unfortunately, by the time the actual music starts in that track, I could wring Giorgio's neck.
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 08-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

after the whole australian launch party thing, I wouldn't put anything past them just to cause a stir.
    Upcoming Shows:

lool, no one bothered to bump this thread from the non event last night.
    If you didn't hear, they didn't perform, but showed up on the red carpet and presented an award with Nile+Pharrell.

But the new Lose Yourself To Dance clip is neat (but I'm bummed that they aren't making full length videos for this album).

Last edited by HunterGather; 08-26-2013 at 07:02 PM.

I really hope when Daft Punk decide to tour, it isn't with a "band."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I really hope when Daft Punk decide to tour, it isn't with a "band."
    based off of everything they've had to say about this album, I'd be kind of shocked if they didn't.

What would they do while the touring band plays? Pretend to play instruments themselves? Sing the vocoder parts? And what would they do with the pre-Random Access Memories songs?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I would think that they'd probably just do something like having Nile Rodgers and Pharrell come out to a play Get Lucky as a special guest at a festival show or something, and the main set would just be something similar to what they did in 2006/2007.

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Perhaps they will have Miley Cyrus come out and dance with them.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I would think that they'd probably just do something like having Nile Rodgers and Pharrell come out to a play Get Lucky as a special guest at a festival show or something, and the main set would just be something similar to what they did in 2006/2007.
    I highly doubt the main set would be something similar. It'll be totally different. They're Daft Punk...

In case you didn't know...

"When we put out Human After All, I got a lot of bad feedback, like, 'It's so repetitive. There's nothing new. Daft Punk used to be good.' Then they came back with the live show, and everyone shut their mouths... People even apologized, like, 'How could we have misjudged Daft Punk?' The live show changed everything. Even if I'm part of it, I like to step back and admire it. Me, I cried."

As of May 2013, however, Human After All has only sold 125,000 copies in America.
    http://doandroidsdance.com/features/...man-after-all/

From NY Post back in May...

Producer and recording artist Pharrell Williams, who has a hit singing on Daft Punk’s single “Get Lucky,” tells Page Six he’ll tour with the French DJ duo. But fans will have to wait, as Williams says he’ll hit the road with them “next year.” Enigmatic Daft Punk, whose identities are hidden behind futuristic masks, have yet to even confirm they’ll tour to promote their album “Random Access Memories,” out May 21. Their song with Williams has set records on Spotify and is No.14 on the Hot 100 chart.

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/26 Joris Voorn @ Output
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp
    11/30 Run the Jewels @ Stage 48

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I was just about to bring up that Pharrell interview. Also, both videos have featured Nile Rogers and Pharrell, and their appearance at the VMAs features both of them. In some interviews since RAM came out, Nile Rogers has said he will be working with the band on some more projects in the future. He didn't mention anything about performing live with them, but it seems Daft Punk is trying to make themselves appear as a band right now, and not an electronic music duo. This makes me think they might try to do the same thing live.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

but didnt Pharrell take that all back?

Kind of like how Nile Rodgers was having his little get together on a Pier in NYC and was trying to hint he was going to have Daft Punk there.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I was just about to bring up that Pharrell interview. Also, both videos have featured Nile Rogers and Pharrell, and their appearance at the VMAs features both of them. In some interviews since RAM came out, Nile Rogers has said he will be working with the band on some more projects in the future. He didn't mention anything about performing live with them, but it seems Daft Punk is trying to make themselves appear as a band right now, and not an electronic music duo. This makes me think they might try to do the same thing live.
    But didn't Daft Punk also say that when they start doing shows again that the set would be mixes from all 4 albums like what they did with Alive 2007?

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Perhaps they will have Miley Cyrus come out and dance with them.
    Lol or maybe ANTHONY WIENER or SYRIA
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Lol or maybe ANTHONY WIENER or SYRIA
    DAFT PUNK and Anthony's wiener with a helmet...

But didn't Daft Punk also say that when they start doing shows again that the set would be mixes from all 4 albums like what they did with Alive 2007?
    Thomas didn't use the word "mixes" or any variation of it. He did say that when they do tour, it won't focus mainly on RAM material, but instead would be a career spanning set.

Anyways, I am not saying they will. I am just hoping they don't.

Yes. they said they will not be touring for RAM. IT will be an all encompassing discography tour.....So I don't see a live band being incorporated in their next tour, thank god.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    What would they do while the touring band plays? Pretend to play instruments themselves? Sing the vocoder parts? And what would they do with the pre-Random Access Memories songs?
    Lord knows what they themselves would do, but as far as pre-RMA songs live with a band... it's not like it's unheard of for an act to take fully electronic compositions and translate them to a full live band arrangement. While I haven't cared for much of what he's done in a while, BT did this in 2000 on a co-headliner bill with Hooverphonic that was pretty damned entertaining. (there are plenty of other examples, but this is just the first to come to mind)

old school

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Lord knows what they themselves would do, but as far as pre-RMA songs live with a band... it's not like it's unheard of for an act to take fully electronic compositions and translate them to a full live band arrangement.
    Given their praise and appreciation for analog sound this will likely happen. Whether the entire set will consist of it is the question.
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Would it just blow your mind to see DP playing instruments? It's not like... they both play instruments... oh wait

But I'm sure it's just for show, right?

old school
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth